How can I speed up my laptop fans? Razer Blade 14 2014

Hello.

I recently purchased a Razer Blade 2014 14.  I have 2 problems with it.  The first problem is cpu temps.  While the fans in the laptop do work, the fan curve seems to be a bit lacking.  For example, when I ran Space Engineers, the cpu briefly jumped up to 93 degrees Celsius, before the fans sped up a bit and brought it back down to about 83 degrees Celsius.  I know that this is within spec for the laptop, but it is still pretty dang hot and I will gladly sacrifice fan noise for more cooling.  Is there any way to make the fan cooling curve more aggressive, so that the fans are running faster and keeping the cpu cooler?  I have already tried to use speedfan, but it cant seem to find any fans or sensors to display and control.  

My second problem is less of an issue, but the illuminated razer logo on the back of the screen is very dim, and is not nearly as bright as in pictures, or even in Linus's video.  It is not even close to as bright as the apple logo on my macbook.  How do I increase its brightness?  It is not affected by screen brightness, or keyboard brightness.

Thanks.

As a fellow Blade user, I dont think there is a way to make the fan curve more aggressive :(

And tbh I didnt even notice that the Razer logo on the back had any illumination at all until you just made me look at it LMAO

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

As a fellow Blade user, I dont think there is a way to make the fan curve more aggressive :(

And tbh I didnt even notice that the Razer logo on the back had any illumination at all until you just made me look at it LMAO

lol ok thanks.  Yea from what I have herd on tom's hardware, there dose not seem to be any way to increase the fan speed.  I still want that logo brighter though.

• 3 years later...
On 11/26/2015 at 7:16 PM, KingKuiperBelt said:

Hello.

I recently purchased a Razer Blade 2014 14.  I have 2 problems with it.  The first problem is cpu temps.  While the fans in the laptop do work, the fan curve seems to be a bit lacking.  For example, when I ran Space Engineers, the cpu briefly jumped up to 93 degrees Celsius, before the fans sped up a bit and brought it back down to about 83 degrees Celsius.  I know that this is within spec for the laptop, but it is still pretty dang hot and I will gladly sacrifice fan noise for more cooling.  Is there any way to make the fan cooling curve more aggressive, so that the fans are running faster and keeping the cpu cooler?  I have already tried to use speedfan, but it cant seem to find any fans or sensors to display and control.  

My second problem is less of an issue, but the illuminated razer logo on the back of the screen is very dim, and is not nearly as bright as in pictures, or even in Linus's video.  It is not even close to as bright as the apple logo on my macbook.  How do I increase its brightness?  It is not affected by screen brightness, or keyboard brightness.

Thanks.

I have figured out how to control the fan, but not a way to set a fan curve.

https://www.ifixit.com/Answers/View/551805/Is+there+a+fix+for+fan+speeed+on+this+model