LGA2011 Build Recommendations wanted please :D

Mastermind2214

Okay, so I've recently put together a list of parts for an AM3+ machine, and for some reason have totally forgotten about the 2011 platform. So here's the thing, I'm wanting LGA 2011 Build ideas based around gaming/video editing/ i73930k and 16GB of RAM. Now the budget of this machine RIGHT NOW is $2,000USD. If this can be done I'd love suggestions if not, and the budget is a little low, it can go up to $2,500USD but literally not a penny more lol. Video Card isn't necessary BUT I would like to know your suggestions price wise, with one, and one without. I prefer shopping at newegg.com because they tend to have the best deals and they don't charge tax in my state(NC).

Thanks in advance for posts. I look forward to what you all have to say! :D

~Nate

Why 2011? Something like a 3770K which is 1155 would be fine for gaming and a bit of video editing.

If you went the 3770K option I'd go with something along the following lines:

Board: Asus P8Z77-V series, ASRock Extreme or MSI MPower

RAM: 8-16GB 1600 C9 - Corsair Vengeance comes to mind

Cooler: H100i, D14, Swiftech H220

SSD: Sandisk Extreme, Intel 520, Samsung 840 or 840 Pro, OCZ Vector

HD: Seagate Barracuda

GPU: Single 670/680 or if you're not using Adobe software for video then an AMD card such as a 7970.

PSU: 600w - Corsair HX, Silverstone Strider Plus

Case: Corsair 600T, C70 ect.

For either gaming or video editing you're going to need a video card. 670's and 680's vary anywhere between $350 and $600. I see no point in going with a 3930K as It's about $300-$400 more expensive once you factor in motherboard ect compared to a 3770K.

TLDR: 3770K instead of 3930K.

If you must have a 2011 build, this will work for anything you throw at it - http://pcpartpicker.com/p/E8aI

Otherwise, you'd be fine with windspeed36's config. Good luck!

My Rig:

• CPU: 1090T@4.1ghz
  • GPU: Gigabyte 7870
  • MOBO: Crosshair Formula V
  • RAM: 8GB 1333mhz
  • PSU: 650w corsair HX
  • SSD: 120GB Kingston HyperX
  • Sound card: Asus Xonar DX

Thanks for everyone's support! :D I decided on the 2011 platform, and will be video logging my build as best I can and I'll post a link somewhere in the forums ( whichever thread topic it belongs in xD ) Parts will arrive 2/20/2013 in the US ^^