Putting together my first computer!

jetstarkiller

Here we go! After asking some advice for my first build, following some, and not following some others. I got everything and I am going to build it this weekend.

Here is the pcpartpicker list and some pictures with most component.

I love the corsair keyboard!

I will post the picture of the finish product at the end of the week.

Thanks  to the people that helped my choosing some of the parts. 

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Jndnxr
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Jndnxr/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($395.98 @ Micro Center) 
CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 73.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($104.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: MSI Z170A GAMING M5 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($164.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2666 Memory 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($147.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($60.48 @ Micro Center) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX Titan X 12GB Superclocked Video Card  ($1029.33 @ Amazon) 
Case: Corsair Air 540 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($119.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: Corsair 850W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($166.99 @ Amazon) 
Wireless Network Adapter: Asus PCE-AC56 802.11a/b/g/n/ac PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter  ($61.99 @ Amazon) 
Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($161.89 @ Amazon) 
Total: $2414.62
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-11-24 22:43 EST-0500

post-281385-0-91010500-1448422502_thumb.

post-281385-0-69681300-1448422509_thumb.

post-281385-0-10232000-1448422546_thumb.

who here suggested this man get a titan? im gonna kill you, you fuck.

Main PC |CPU - i7-6700k|GPU - R9 290x tri-x 4gb|RAM - 16gb ddr4|MOBO - MSI z170 - A PRO|HDD - WD 1TB/240gb Sandisk |PSU - 700w Raidmax

Laptop |CPU - i7 4720hq|GPU - 960m 2gb|Ram - 8gb 2x4|Model - y50-70 Touch|SSD - 240gb Patriot drive|Display - 1920x1080 IPS touch

why not 980 ti? 

Why not 5820k?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

Once you build it, can we trade? I've got my A10 6790k, and a nice GTX 750ti!

Join the Appleitionist cause! See spoiler below for answers to common questions that shouldn't be common!

Spoiler

Q: Do I have a virus?!
A: If you didn't click a sketchy email, haven't left your computer physically open to attack, haven't downloaded anything sketchy/free, know that your software hasn't been exploited in a new hack, then the answer is: probably not.

Q: What email/VPN should I use?
A: Proton mail and VPN are the best for email and VPNs respectively. (They're free in a good way)

Q: How can I stay anonymous on the (deep/dark) webzz???....

A: By learning how to de-anonymize everyone else; if you can do that, then you know what to do for yourself.

Q: What Linux distro is best for x y z?

A: Lubuntu for things with little processing power, Ubuntu for normal PCs, and if you need to do anything else then it's best if you do the research yourself.

Q: Why is my Linux giving me x y z error?

A: Have you not googled it? Are you sure StackOverflow doesn't have an answer? Does the error tell you what's wrong? If the answer is no to all of those, message me.

why not 980 ti? 

Why an 850W Corsair Platinum PSU for 170$? WTF :D You can get two, just as good ones for that money

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

meh, thats debateable dou ;p

if OP is rendering of course

No, even if he's only gaming, considering that there's basically no price difference right now cause the 6700k is actually a bit more than the 5820k, it's still not worth to get the Skylake one, 4 threads more for no price difference, and around 20% single core speed less, but 30% multi core speed more (5820k after OC is equal to 4790k in terms of single-cored performance, so it's more than enough for any kind of task) but I'm pretty sure he's doing something heavy if he's got a goddamn Titan X ^^ 5820k is like a 4790k + an i3 in one CPU in terms of raw power, it's obviously faster than the 6700k and nothing requires that high single-cored performance, while there are things that work significantly better with more threads and more power :P Not to mention the cool stuff like quad-channel RAM and a higher-end platform (which X99 is compared to the Z170)

A titan X is because why not? I plan playing 4k and the Vram of the 980ti is already starting to show its limit in some cases (few I give you that). And plus why not if I can. 

For the i7 I was debating for a long time... and decided to go with the 6700k since I got a better deal.

Fuck it, may not be the most practical but it damn sure is powerful 

Main PC |CPU - i7-6700k|GPU - R9 290x tri-x 4gb|RAM - 16gb ddr4|MOBO - MSI z170 - A PRO|HDD - WD 1TB/240gb Sandisk |PSU - 700w Raidmax

Laptop |CPU - i7 4720hq|GPU - 960m 2gb|Ram - 8gb 2x4|Model - y50-70 Touch|SSD - 240gb Patriot drive|Display - 1920x1080 IPS touch

let us stop so OP dosen't starting doubting why he bought this parts and let him have the joy of building his first PC

Haha thank you for sort of taking my side. I know the choice of the Titan can be questioned. For the power supply I plan on getting another titan by next summer and I payed $130 for it in a local store :)

A titan X is because why not? I plan playing 4k and the Vram of the 980ti is already starting to show its limit in some cases (few I give you that). And plus why not if I can. 

For the i7 I was debating for a long time... and decided to go with the 6700k since I got a better deal.

Dual Fury X beat dual 980Ti's in 4K, so you probably should have gone with that if you wanted 4K. For that resolution the VRAM of 980Ti is not an issue, its power is, it's too weak to maintain 60FPS @4K with ultra settings, so is a single Titan X :)

Haha thank you for sort of taking my side. I know the choice of the Titan can be questioned. For the power supply I plan on getting another titan by next summer. and I payed $130 for it in a local store :)

We're just listing parts that have better performance for the cheaper price, just Trying help you have money

We're just listing parts that have better performance for the cheaper price, just Trying help you have money

Yep, it's not like your build is bad or anything, it's just... You could have more for less, that's our main point ^^

Enjoy OP! Gonna be an amazing build

Intel i5 3570K. Cooler Master Seidon 120V. Asus P8Z77-V LK. Corsair vengeance LP 8GB. EVGA GTX 980 TI ACX 2.0+ SC. Seasonic M12-II 750w. NZXT H440. Crucial BX100 250GB. Corsair Neutron 64GB SSD. Seagate 1TB. Razer Death Adder 2013. Razer Blackwidow Tournament. Beyerdynamic DT 990 PRO 250 ohm/Mod Mic 4.0. FiiO E10K DAC. Steelseries QCK+. Benq XL2430T@144Hz. 2x Dell U2414H. Phone Sony Xperia Z3

I understand that. And I definitely know that I probably did not make the best computer for the money but I think it is going to be an amazing machine especially once I get the second titan.

Dual Fury X beat dual 980Ti's in 4K, so you probably should have gone with that if you wanted 4K. For that resolution the VRAM of 980Ti is not an issue, its power is, it's too weak to maintain 60FPS @4K with ultra settings, so is a single Titan X :)

I liked the fury X since it is small and watercooled but don't you think that 4gb is going to create problem soon?

Enjoy OP! Gonna be an amazing build

Thanks!

I understand that. And I definitely know that I probably did not make the best computer for the money but I think it is going to be an amazing machine especially once I get the second titan.

Once you get the second Titan you're going to pretty much have the 4K thing covered :)

I liked the fury X since it is small and watercooled but don't you think that 4gb is going to create problem soon?

Thanks!

It's HBM, not GDDR5, it kinda works different. And the Fury X beating 980Ti with 6GB of VRAM in every single 4K game benchmark proves it

It's HBM, not GDDR5, it kinda works different. And the Fury X beating 980Ti with 6GB of VRAM in every single 4K game benchmark proves it

I didn't know for the ram. Learning new thing everyday.

Well let me enjoy it first.

Yes! Get back to me in 10 years when it isn't good anymore and I'll take it off your hands

Join the Appleitionist cause! See spoiler below for answers to common questions that shouldn't be common!

Spoiler

Q: Do I have a virus?!
A: If you didn't click a sketchy email, haven't left your computer physically open to attack, haven't downloaded anything sketchy/free, know that your software hasn't been exploited in a new hack, then the answer is: probably not.

Q: What email/VPN should I use?
A: Proton mail and VPN are the best for email and VPNs respectively. (They're free in a good way)

Q: How can I stay anonymous on the (deep/dark) webzz???....

A: By learning how to de-anonymize everyone else; if you can do that, then you know what to do for yourself.

Q: What Linux distro is best for x y z?

A: Lubuntu for things with little processing power, Ubuntu for normal PCs, and if you need to do anything else then it's best if you do the research yourself.

Q: Why is my Linux giving me x y z error?

A: Have you not googled it? Are you sure StackOverflow doesn't have an answer? Does the error tell you what's wrong? If the answer is no to all of those, message me.