EA is already planning more Battlefront games

As part of EA's 10 year licensing deal with Disney, they have expressed their intentions to make many, many star wars games for console, mobile, and PC. 

Their CFO, Blake Jorgensen, is quoted as saying

"We struck a licensing deal with Disney a few years back that's almost ten years in length. The game that comes out tomorrow, Star Wars Battlefront, is a traditional first-person style shooter game. Our goal is to make future Battlefront games as well as other style games around the Star Wars franchise, both on mobile as well as console and PC. It's a huge opportunity for us."

There are also rumors that there's a Star Wars RPG-Style game currently in development.

Personal opinion: **Caution. High amounts of salt**

Ugh. EA being EA again. First they insult the good name of battlefront by releasing a reskin and tweak of BF4, then they announce intentions to make even more. If you need me, I'll be enjoying space battles and singleplayer campaign on Battlefront II. Y'know, features that were available 10 years ago, and should've be included in Battlefront III. Just sayin'.

Source:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/star-wars-battlefront-sequels-coming-ea-teases/1100-6432334/

I am conducting some polls regarding your opinion of large technology companies. I would appreciate your response. 

Microsoft Apple Valve Google Facebook Oculus HTC AMD Intel Nvidia

I'm using this data to judge this site's biases so people can post in a more objective way.

Good.

I hope.

<3 Star Wars, EA had better not screw it up or heads will roll.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

So how is this digging? No shit there were going to be more. Let's just hope they improve on the next games. Secondly, half of your OP is purely opinionated. The game is fun to other people, regardless of some features of the original gone.

Thirdly, it's not battlefront III. It's a reboot. Have you actually played it?

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

Its not battlefront III :P

Intel i5 4690k | NZXT Kraken x61 | MSI z97 Gaming 5 | MSI GTX 970 EVGA Supernova G2 750 G-Skill Ripjaws 16GB 2133mhz [2x8] | Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB HDD Samsung 850 EVO Series 250GB SSD NZXT H440 [black and Red]

Saving for a Dream rig :)

both on mobile as well as console and PC

NO fuck off. I do not at all want more shitty micro transaction driven mobile games

Also, Battlefront may have been a big success and as a casual title it was pretty darn good. It still isn't a true Battlefront game. I've lost all hope at this point tbh

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

With Disney's aggressive strategy I wonder if in 5 years time everybody will be sick of Star Wars? Not just talking about games.

When it comes to Star Wars we have always had a mix of some outstanding, some good and some mediocre content. But we were never burned out before, we were always left wanting more.

There are also rumors that there's a Star Wars RPG-Style game currently in development.

This has always been something I wanted, lets hope it's not a big fuck up like all the LOTR rpg's.

My PC: i5 4690k===MSI GAMING 3===980TI===8GB-Corsair-Vangence-Pro-Series===H100i-GTX===EVGA G2 750W===Samsung 850evo m.2 boot drive===Samsung 250gb evo SSD===Seagate-Barracuda-1TB-HDD===NZXT-H440

I want a star wars rpg and rts more than battlefront. I feel like battlefront is decent and I hope they will continue to improve the series

the new games would be nice. but of course EA needs to step aside and let DICE take care of everything.

(And more $50 dlc)

I still don't understand the fucking salt that's behind Battlefront. Bitch, if you don't like that it's a reboot and a reskin of Battlefield 4, go cry about it over there.

You must be special. We understand.

In that case, you'd be the type of person to pay £50 for a gun camo DLC, and probably £100 on a collectors edition game which has a poster and a book...

I have some land to sell you in Thailand, just forward me card details.  :rolleyes:

7800x3d - RTX 4090 FE - 64GB-6000C30 - 2x2TB 990 Pro - 4K 144HZ

PCPP: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/mdRcqR

You must be special. We understand.

In that case, you'd be the type of person to pay £50 for a gun camo DLC, and probably £100 on a collectors edition game which has a poster and a book...

I have some land to sell you in Thailand, just forward me card details.  :rolleyes:

Wow, aren't you salty.

No, I wouldn't pay $50 for fucking DLC, hell I don't even pay $10 for most of my games

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Sorry but I think the new battlefront game was awesome when I played it, and watching it on twitch with all the new game modes out it looks even cooler.

Ya'll are too dam picky and always find something to complain about i swear

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Well hey, even coming from EA, give them 3-4 swings at a Star Wars game and one might turn out good!

ExMachina (2016-Present) i7-6700k/GTX970/32GB RAM/250GB SSD

Picard II (2015-Present) Surface Pro 4 i5-6300U/8GB RAM/256GB SSD

LlamaBox (2014-Present) i7-4790k/GTX 980Ti/16GB RAM/500GB SSD/Asus ROG Swift

Kronos (2009-2014) i7-920/GTX680/12GB RAM/120GB SSD

Wow, aren't you salty.

No, I wouldn't pay $50 for fucking DLC, hell I don't even pay $10 for most of my games

You must live in wonderland, to afford the new star wars under $10. Damn send me a few keys man!

And I'm not salty, I just find it hilarious when people defend crap products, especially when made by EA.

You must live in wonderland, to afford the new star wars under $10. Damn send me a few keys man!

And I'm not salty, I just find it hilarious when people defend crap products, especially when made by EA.

Look. I fucking hate DLC. Nor was I fucking implying that I could get Star Wars Battlefront for $10 fucking bucks. Now does it look like that I could even afford $1 worth of shit?

Look. I fucking hate DLC. Nor was I fucking implying that I could get Star Wars Battlefront for $10 fucking bucks. Now does it look like that I could even afford $1 worth of shit?

I hope you can afford at least 1$ of shit, because free shit is hard to find these days. I love DLC when it is actual DLC, not part of the game released at the game's initial price and named a Season Pass.

I hope you can afford at least 1$ of shit, because free shit is hard to find these days. I love DLC when it is actual DLC, not part of the game released at the game's initial price and named a Season Pass.

http://backpack.tf/id/DanCastellaneta

hopefully this says something

As part of EA's 10 year licensing deal with Disney, they have expressed their intentions to make many, many star wars games for console, mobile, and PC. 

Their CFO, Blake Jorgensen, is quoted as saying

Personal opinion: **Caution. High amounts of salt**

Ugh. EA being EA again. First they insult the good name of battlefront by releasing a reskin and tweak of BF4, then they announce intentions to make even more. If you need me, I'll be enjoying space battles and singleplayer campaign on Battlefront II. Y'know, features that were available 10 years ago, and should've be included in Battlefront III. Just sayin'.

Source:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/star-wars-battlefront-sequels-coming-ea-teases/1100-6432334/

oh fekk off.. i spent YEARS playing Battlefront 2 and it was nothing but a off the shelf battlefield 2 rip-off with a fancy hero mode and RTS style "conquest" mode....

FPS games havent really changed, in any meaningful way, since like... the first one came out :|