Microsoft shares rise early amid Ballmer retirement news

ExDreamer

Microsoft's shares are up significantly in early trading on Friday following news of CEO Steve Ballmer's impending retirement.

Microsoft's shares were up approximately 8 percent on Friday, landing at more than $35 per share before easing off a bit. As of this writing, Microsoft's shares are up 7.6 percent to $34.86.

The bump in share price comes immediately after Microsoft announced this morning that CEO Steve Ballmer will retire from the company within the next 12 months. Ballmer will stay on at the company until the Board of Directors appoints someone to replace him. A special committee has already been formed to find his replacement.

That Microsoft's shares are up following news of Ballmer's impending ouster speaks volumes about Wall Street's view on the company's CEO. During his tenure, Ballmer has helped Microsoft grow its Windows installed base, but has also presided over the mistake that was Windows Vista, the company's poor standing in mobile, and the much-maligned Windows 8.

More Here : http://news.cnet.com/8301-10805_3-57599842-75/microsoft-shares-rise-early-amid-ballmer-retirement-news/

Do not reply saying that this is repost so mods wont get mad!

It's about the same thing but different topic ain't it? Please link to the post if you say it's a repost.

If you read the article,it says about microsoft shares so this is not a repost.This is about microsoft shares after steve ballmer retirement announcement not the announcement itself

This is not a repost.This is about microsoft shares after steve ballmer retirement announcement not the announcement itself

Another post had stock shares too :)

Another post had stock shares too :)

Yes but both posts say

Under his leadership, Microsoft's net income has increased to $23 billion, with annual revenue climbing from $25 billion to $70 billion, with an average annual profit growth of over 16 percent.

I am proud of what we have achieved. We have grown from $7.5 million to nearly $78 billion since I joined Microsoft, and we have grown from employing just over 30 people to almost 100,000. I feel good about playing a role in that success and having committed 100 percent emotionally all the way. We have more than 1 billion users and earn a great profit for our shareholders.

I did not see anything about microsoft shares after steve retirement news

Yes but both posts say

I did not see anything about microsoft shares after steve retirement news

Then i am not sure, but they look all look same, but that is only my opinion. :)

Then i am not sure, but they look all look same, but that is only my opinion. :)

I don't think this is a repost, it's about the same guy but different topic

Locked - repost - original one has talk of shares as well and based on same subject.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99