Model 01 - A Scratch Built Chassis [Finally done!]

Brodholm

holy jesus riding a flaming monkey this build just never ceases to amaze me

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

much wow.

Specs: Cpu: i7-4790k@4.5ghz 1.19v Cooler: H100i Motherboard: Msi z97 g55 SLI  Ram: Kingston HyperX Black 16gb 1600mhz GPU: XFX R9 290X Core Edition PSU: Corsair HX850  Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Force series 3 120gb ssd, sandisk ultra 256gb ssd, 1tb blue drive  Keyboard: Rosewill RK9100x Mouse: DeathAdder  Monitors: 3 22 inch on a triple monitor mount

• 1 month later...

This is by far the best looking scratch build i have ever seen! Simple clean design with really nice finish and build quality.

Great job!

Is there any chance that you could build more of these cases for sale? I live in Denmark and if shipping is not to expensive i am very interested!

Jonas

Currently between computers  :(

I'm simply in love with this build! It's so clean and minimalistic, it's absolutely breathtaking!

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

• 1 month later...

This is by far the best looking scratch build i have ever seen! Simple clean design with really nice finish and build quality.

Great job!

Is there any chance that you could build more of these cases for sale? I live in Denmark and if shipping is not to expensive i am very interested!

Jonas

Thanks, I guess I could make them on order, but they would be so damn expensive. And if you are worried about the shipping cost then I think you are not willing to pay the amount it cost to build chassis on order :)

The shipping is a fraction of the cost to make the chassis.

Thanks, I guess I could make them on order, but they would be so damn expensive. And if you are worried about the shipping cost then I think you are not willing to pay the amount it cost to build chassis on order :)

The shipping is a fraction of the cost to make the chassis.

How much exactly is 'so damn expensive'? lol, im am very interested in doing my own but would like an estimate.

WOw amaxing..

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Hell yeah nice project

German Techie. Preffered programmingspeach C#

How much exactly is 'so damn expensive'? lol, im am very interested in doing my own but would like an estimate.

With access to a lot of tools and machines I payed 2000+ USD for just laser cutting, anodizing, materials shipping to different places etc. And then I did most of the work myself (such as folding, taping holes, sanding etc).

I hope that gives you an estimate. (this was in sweden btw, we have high taxes so if you are located in the states you will probably don't have to pay as much)

So the problem becomse if I just make a few, each chassis will cost 2000+ USD, and I will have to do all the work and be selling them for no profit what so ever.

With access to a lot of tools and machines I payed 2000+ USD for just laser cutting, anodizing, materials shipping to different places etc. And then I did most of the work myself (such as folding, taping holes, sanding etc).

I hope that gives you an estimate. (this was in sweden btw, we have high taxes so if you are located in the states you will probably don't have to pay as much)

So the problem becomse if I just make a few, each chassis will cost 2000+ USD, and I will have to do all the work and be selling them for no profit what so ever.

Are you by any chance going to build a V2 soon? I would love to see one. :D

Chuck Norris cant even build this PC lol!

You sir are fricking amazing :D

2wmq98w.jpg

"THE RED ARMY"

| INTEL i5 4690K | GIGABYTE Z97X GAMING 3 | XFX R9 390X | CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 4x2 8GB 1600Mhz | CORSAIR H80i | XFX XTR 650W | 1TB WESTERN DIGITAL CAVIAR BLUE | ADATA SP600 256GB | LOGITECH G502 | CORSAIR VENGEANCE 1400 | CORSAIR K70 MECHANICAL RED | NZXT S340 |

wow this is beyond anything i could have imagined, just curious how was the airflow in the final product? I love your modernist style of simplistic forms just looks so spectacular. 

My Little Gaming Rig:

CPU: FX 8320 | MOBO: Gigabyte 970A-D3P | RAM: G.Skill Ares 2x4GB | GPU: Sapphire Dual-X R9 270X | Storage: Seagate SSHD 1TB | Case: Corsair 200R | PSU: CM 550W V-Series

Upgrades to come: CPU FAN: Corsair H100i | RAM: 2 more 4GB sticks | GPU: Another R9 270X running in crossfire | Storage: Samsung 120GB SSD | PSU: Corsair 800w

My God.... life will never be the same.

If this were my PC, I'd never use it, not even load an OS on there.

Instead it would be placed in a showcase.

AMD Ryzen 1700x

ASRock x370 Taichi

Corsair Vengeance RGB 16GB GDDR4 3200

EVGA GTX 1080 Ti K|NGP|N

Fractal Meshify C

Samsung Evo 960 Nvme M.2 500gb & WD Blue 1TB

Corsair TX850M Gold

Alienware AW2518H 240Hz Gsync

Audioengine A2+ & Sennheiser HD6xx /w Fiio K5 Pro

Deepcool Captain 240Pro V2

Vortex Race 3 Cherry Mx Red

Corsair Vengeance M65 PRO RGB

how did you set up the ram+waterblock+motherboard fittings?.. i cant seem to find sense on that, how did you put them together?..

holy hell nice build man, well done!..

Project "Gene5is" | Asus Maximus VI Formula | i7 4790k | 2 x GTX 780 Ti Classified in SLI | 16Gb. Corsair Dominator Platinum @1866Mhz. | 512GB. Samsung 850 PRO | 2 x 2Tb. WD Caviar Black | Corsair AX1200 | Asus Xonar Essence STX | KRK Rokit 6 Gen 3 + KRK K10S Sub | Logitech G 710+ |

Logitech G500s | Caselabs Magnum SMA8 | Corsair 200MM Extended 

"Roamer" MSI GT 72 | Intel Core i7-4720HQ | GTX 980M 8Gb. | 128Gb. M2 SSD | 16Gb. 1600Mhz. | 1Tb. HDD

Thanks guys :)

how did you set up the ram+waterblock+motherboard fittings?.. i cant seem to find sense on that, how did you put them together?..

holy hell nice build man, well done!..

How I set it up? What do you mean?

The order is Res-Pump-Motherboardblock-CPU-GPU-GPU-480RAD-240RAD-RES

I'm not sure if i commented before or not, If I have please forgive me. This build is absolutely amazing, we really have some fantastic talent on this forum...quite exceptional. I truly hope to see you gain a BOTW badge for this, as it is very dissevering. Fantastic, the cable management is exquisite, well done chap. A++

Do they still do the BOTW? It was kinda down/inactive when I completed my build i think. I see that they have started it now though. Would have been fun but still, its not a huge deal that my build has not been nominated. Im glad anyway, you guys seem to enjoy it so I am happy! :)

This build is very very classy and well thought out. I am very very impressed...very. I wish i could get me a case made to my specifications like you did yours.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

Do they still do the BOTW? It was kinda down/inactive when I completed my build i think. I see that they have started it now though. Would have been fun but still, its not a huge deal that my build has not been nominated. Im glad anyway, you guys seem to enjoy it so I am happy! :)

Yes, it just started again recently, as Build of the Month and with a

community vote now. The system needed to be revised because in its

first iteration, it was basically Slick who did all the work for selecting

the BOTW AFAIK, and he just didn't have the time to keep up with all

the builds that were being posted anymore.

You would have well deserved (and won) a spot, no doubt about that IMHO. ;)

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

Thanks guys :)

How I set it up? What do you mean?

The order is Res-Pump-Motherboardblock-CPU-GPU-GPU-480RAD-240RAD-RES

no i mean how did you screwed the fittings + extenders together(assuming you used extenders).. in this picture, for example!..

how did you screwed together the fittings that goes from ram to motherboard and from motherboard to cpu block?

eFdep0jh.jpg

Project "Gene5is" | Asus Maximus VI Formula | i7 4790k | 2 x GTX 780 Ti Classified in SLI | 16Gb. Corsair Dominator Platinum @1866Mhz. | 512GB. Samsung 850 PRO | 2 x 2Tb. WD Caviar Black | Corsair AX1200 | Asus Xonar Essence STX | KRK Rokit 6 Gen 3 + KRK K10S Sub | Logitech G 710+ |

Logitech G500s | Caselabs Magnum SMA8 | Corsair 200MM Extended 

"Roamer" MSI GT 72 | Intel Core i7-4720HQ | GTX 980M 8Gb. | 128Gb. M2 SSD | 16Gb. 1600Mhz. | 1Tb. HDD

Thanks a lot guys! 

But I will not be releasing the project file. Not yet at least. I may want to try and get some company to produce a few of these and then I loose all the rights if I release them public. Although I am willing to help if you are having issues.

OMG TY!!! plz have this case made especially in 3mm think material!!!

no i mean how did you screwed the fittings + extenders together(assuming you used extenders).. in this picture, for example!..

how did you screwed together the fittings that goes from ram to motherboard and from motherboard to cpu block?

AFAIK, the fittings have revolvable bases, so first you connect the fittings

together before mounting them, then you screw the whole assembly into the blocks

by only rotating the fittings' bases. At least that's how I usually do it.

Depending on how high the base is and how fat your fingers are, it can be a

bit tricky (you can also use pliers if you can't get your fingers in there,

but then make sure you use some soft material to protect the fittings and

prevent scratching them).

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic