Model 01 - A Scratch Built Chassis [Finally done!]

Brodholm

Just wating for the last fittings from Bitspower.

Dispatch from originating country's exchange office	Dec/24/2013 	19:11  	TAIPEI  TAIWAN Office of destination	STOCKHOLM SWEDEN Despatch No.	4** Flight No.	T***** Flight date	2013/12/25

Just hoping that the postal office will be quick!

The block from EK is already here and other than that I am ready to install the last piece! I just cant wait to install that last piece to the puzzle!

EK-FB-ASUS-M6E_NA_front_1200.jpg

Merry X-mas and Happy holidays to you all! 

• 4 weeks later...

Your work is inspiring, I have a question about the acrylic panel. Did you have someone mill the edge for you or did you do it yourself and what software if any did you use to model it? The fit on everything is so precise.

That looks so cool.

I love custom made computers.

Corsair 350d, Asus Gryphon Z87, Intel i5 4670k 4.5 GHz, Corsair H100i, Corsair Vengence 16gb 1600 MHz,

AMD Radeon 260x, Corsair CX600, OCZ Vetex 450 128gb, Seagate 2 TB 

• 2 weeks later...
Hello everyone! Time to update the build! Installed the final piece a few weeks ago, I just have not had the time to post and fix with all the pictures until now! 

Anyway, here they are!

w0Qtn0uh.jpg

The new components! The motherboard block and a few more fittings!

0iuoG2Bh.jpg

2y5osvRh.jpg

Looks very clean and nice.

oZioLbCh.jpg

Started taring down the loop and unplugging stuff.

01Tb8fLh.jpg

The fluid seems to have been working fine, no visible residue left in the pipes etc.

i4MQglrh.jpg

Still a lot of fine dust particles even with fan filters on all intakes. Some cleaning up is in order.

t6Ej8lLh.jpg

I found one place where it had been leaking. Not enough to even drop but still visible. Found the perpetrator, you see that nick in the O-ring? That was the source of the leak. Replaced it and threw the old one away! 

fvefWhWh.jpg

Time to remove the old heatsink!

HGPQ1wKh.jpg

As simple as undoing a few screws.

INIQfL3h.jpg

Cleaned all the chips and put on the thermal pads.

QfI2Ncch.jpg

Done! It was really easy to install and I think it looks really good!

4t5yRyXh.jpg

Time to start putting everything back in place.

2IuDHNyh.jpg

Everything back in place! Water still a bit foggy though, it had small micro-bubbles left in it. It is all clear now though. Though a shame for the photos.

Also, I have taken new pictures of the chassis since I was not a 100% pleased with the old ones. They will be coming soon (ish) and also a video hopefully.

Always nice to see more of this. :)

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

There are so very few PCs I can look at and admire the interior looks of. This is what makes PC such a desirable platform.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

Model 2 Please????

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi

Words simply can't describe how I feel about this.

FINALLY TIME!!! I am now 100% done with the chassis! All the pictures taken, video made etc. It feels really good but also a bit strange. I have been working on this for several years and now it have come to an end.

I hope you will enjoy!

akyI4Vuh.jpg

eFdep0jh.jpg

u6e5hxvh.jpg

23Kv0ZCh.jpg

uRAmf4Sh.jpg

pqB0pvyh.jpg

PMCoUDch.jpg

1d8XtZPh.jpg

cfue7Lqh.jpg

lB0XjjKh.jpg

6fgmB9lh.jpg

2lVvHxih.jpg

RtzzBfdh.jpg

urT2fFKh.jpg

PNI5RXSh.jpg

tPwEGIeh.jpg

XoDBIfqh.jpg

u5rhgsQh.jpg

ev8yhnBh.jpg

e8UioTPh.jpg

wv2AQ4Kh.jpg

WvUVMf9h.jpg

3YzVoSTh.jpg

IoR3TSoh.jpg

FF6w5ymh.jpg

PtQa95th.jpg

EhnMN6zh.jpg

iNExZYRh.jpg

cAysFvrh.jpg

3dMgSi3h.jpg

It really is a proper masterpiece if I may say do. :wub:

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

I've seen the post on here, in /r/buildapc and /r/gamingpc and its just as amazing every time.

Such a beautiful build, love the cable sleeving and the perfect tubing.

CPU: 6700k GPU: Zotac RTX 2070 S RAM: 16GB 3200MHz  SSD: 2x1TB M.2  Case: DAN Case A4

dayum

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL. I'll give you everything I own for it.

NZXT Phantom|FX-8320 @4.4GHz|Gigabyte 970A-UD3P|240GB SSD|2x 500GB HDD|16GB RAM|2x AMD MSI R9 270|2x 1080p IPS|Win 10

Dell Precision M4500 - Dell Latitude E4310 - HTC One M8

$200 Volvo 245

I wish I had access to fabrication equipment. Then I could do things like this :(

CPU: i7-3930K @ 4.8GHz MOBO: IV Gene RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1866MHz GPU: GTX 780 Ti CASE: Corsair 350D STORAGE: 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB, 2x WD Red 4TB
PSU
: EVGA SuperNova 650W DISPLAY: 1 x ASUS VG248QE, 3 x Dell U2414H COOLING: Corsair H100i INPUT: Corsair Vengeance K70, SteelSeries Sensei AUDIO: Sennheiser HD 280 Pro, ATH-M50s, Beredynamic DT770 Pro, Steelseries H Wireless

Thanks a lot guys! 

But I will not be releasing the project file. Not yet at least. I may want to try and get some company to produce a few of these and then I lose all the rights if I release them public. Although I am willing to help if you are having issues.

Wow that's amazing! Looks beautiful! Great job :)

My Rig :  Case: Cooler Master HAF X ,Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H,PSU: Seasonic SS-750KM3,Processor: Core I7 4770k (overclocked 4.7ghz),Cooler: Corsair H100i, GPU: EVGA GTX 780 with acx cooler, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16gb DDR3 1600 (overclocked to 2000mhz), HDDS  Samsung 840 EVO 250 gb SSD , Western digital  2tb 7200 rpm 64mb cache, Old 1tb laptop drive I had , 320gb for os backup daily, 80gb external for weekly backups,Drives 2x Lg Blu Ray burner WH16MS40,MISC: Tp-Link dual band wireless card, Logitech g510s, Razer Deathadder 2013, Acer G236HLBbd 23" monitor, Old tv I had 23" for secondary monitor, old 32" samsung tv third monitor

THIS IS EPIC all i have to say is you have some serious design skills props on the build 

I salute the genius! Awesome

CPU: i5 2500k@4.2 MBO: Asrock P67 Extreme4 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 560Ti 1GB RAM: Corsair 8GB 1600 SSD: Samsung 840 Basic 250 HDD: Samsung F3 1TB + WD 2TB Green + WD MyBook 1TB external; ODD: LG BD/DVDRW; PSU: Corsair TX 650
Case: Fractal Define R3 Black Pearl; Mouse/Keyboard Logitech Performance MX + Wireless K800; Monitor: Dell U2311H