Super slow boot at GFs brandnew laptop.

Delano.888

firstly check your bios settings and make sure all your hard drive ahci/raid settings are set up properly for disk caching of windows 7.

type in msconfig and run it in the windows start menu.

make sure the programs are checked off in the start up tab. both the program and services.

then right click on my computer. hit manage. go down to services and applications. look threw the applications and find the ones that are starting late and make sure there set to automatic..

if your still having problems ill look into this pm me so we can find a faster way to communicate then forum posts..

if this doesnt solve your problems i would uninstall the drivers and software and look to find newer or older versions of them that were strictly made for windows 7 x86 or x64 whichever you have installed..

if nothing else, see if you can contact customer support from the notebook vendor to get the specific drivers for your notebook all in windows 7 x86 or x64 versions.

Okay, tried some stuff.

Timed the bootup, It definitely is faster since I did all the register/msconfig stuff. Timed it:

Hitting the on button at 00:00, the desktop shows up at 00:31, I can right click the mouse at 02:39, and firefox boots up at 03:17 (it takes another 10 seconds to be done).

I swear it was even slower before, but this is still horrible in my opinion. I will experiment some more with the services. I don't have acces to the laptop all the time we don't live together.

I downloaded all the drivers here:

http://www.samsung.com/nl/support/model/NP700Z5C-S02NL-downloads

(click left at stuurprogramma's)

As you can see they're all for win7, I didn't download anything else.

Update: turned off EVERYTHING in msconfig/startup, and this happened:

00:42 desktop shows up.

04:35 firefox shows up.

04:56 firefox is completely done (2 tabs loaded).

This is horrible, right?

BTW: something strange, firefox is gone from my startup folder in the start menu, and it's also gone from the msconfig/startup, but it still keeps booting?! It seems like the computer has some secret startup stuff that I cannot find. Because with everything disabled, AVG, geforce experience, firefox, and the samsung software still booted. While nothing is checked in msconfig/startup. Strange right?

I'm dutch, so feel free to correct any spelling mistakes I might make.  I try to do the best I can!

Spoiler

CASE: Fractal Design Define R6 MOBO: Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero (Wi-Fi) CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K GPU: Asus ROG-STRIX-GTX1080TI PSU: Corsair HX1000 V2 MEM: 64GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200mhz  COOLER: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 STORAGE: Samsung 970 EVO 500gb +1tb NVME / Samsung 840EVo 1tb / HGST Ultrastar 10tb

Anybody else any ideas? This is just getting so annoying..

Again, the laptop seems to boot perfectly within a minute. However all the startup stuff (drivers, shortcuts in the startup folder) take sooooooooooooo much longer..

The SSD part is on the 1Tb 2,5" Drive and actually should work as i cache I guess.

Maybe you're good after reformating the "SSD part" with a gpt, then try to reinstall W7 as UEFI.

I encountered a optical drive once as one of those issues! It waits for ahci devices after booting and then skips em when nothing is found. (took me almost 5 min too after every boot, I just disconnected the drive then and the problem was gone. Then I just deactivated "plug 'N play" and ahci scan for the optical drive and problem was solved. But hey, I might be drifting of into a completely different problem here but sometimes the weirdest thinks could help.

Workstation: Intel Core i7-4790K@Corsair H100i; Gigabyte GA-Z87N-WIFI; 16GB Crucial Sport 1600Mhz; MSI GTX1080 Sea Hawk; Enthoo Evolv ITX; Samsung 840 Pro; Eizo Foris FS2333 / FG2421 | HTPC Bedroom: XBox One S | HTPC Livingroom: Intel NUC DN2820; Transcend 32GB SSD; 4GB Crucial Sport 1600Mhz running Openelec | Homeserver: Intel Core i3-4150@Prolimatech Samuel 17; MSI H97I AC; 16GB Crucial Sport 1600Mhz; Lian Li PC-Q35A noise dampened; 4x3TB WD Red Raid 5 on LSI 9260-4i running Server 2012 Essentials saved by a APC Back-UPS RS 550GI