BF4, aimbots and cheaters.

killcomic

About 2 weeks ago I bought BF4 on special. I've never been big on multiplayer games (except for Left 4 Dead) but I must admit I've become horribly hooked to it.

One thing I've noticed is that there are quite a few players that seem able to headshot you in fractions of a second. This takes the fun out of it considerably and it frustrates me no end.

Now, I was wondering if some of you seasoned BF4 players know if aimbots are an issue in BF4 or are these people just plain good at it?

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"

- George Carlin (1937-2008)

I have played with someone who I swear uses an aimbot, but he actually doesn't. Some people are just exceptionally skilled at being able to aim with a mouse.

I've run into few hackers in BF4. Quick headshots are common, especially if you turn a corner while already aiming at head height.

Atom14 [Corsair] i5-4690K | Corsair H110i GT | MSI Z97S SLI Krait | 16 GB Team Group DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB X2 | EVGA SuperNOVA 850W 80+ Gold | Corsair K95 RGB | Corsair M65 RGB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 980Ti

Corsair KXX RGB Keyboard Cover Mod Make your own using my templates!

There's hackers in every game.. I only see hackers once and awhile I wouldn't say its a problem. Lets just say there's more good players then hackers.

I'd say they're just plain good, as mouse controls inherently allow for shenanigan aiming, I mean it could be aim bots but the number of times I've been called a hacker in shooter games makes me think otherwise

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

I'd say they're just plain good, as mouse controls inherently allow for shenanigan aiming, I mean it could be aim bots but the number of times I've been called a hacker in shooter games makes me think otherwise

I'd say you'd only really see 1 or 2 hackers in an hour of BF4 matches. I've never had a significant issue, outside of what i expect from PC fps gaming

Look up matimio on youtube and watch sunday mailbox

I'll check it out when I get home.

Never once seen a hacker in BF4 tbh

Sally: l Intel i5 4690k | | Corsair H55 | | Zalman z12 plus | | Hitachi 2TB HDD | | Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB | | ASRock Fatal1ty z97 Killer | | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | | EVGA SuperNova 750 watt | | MSI 390 | | Windows 10| 

maybe you're running a 60Hz monitor and they're running one of those new fangled 144"s? with a 1ms reaction time??

maybe you're running a 60Hz monitor and they're running one of those new fangled 144"s? with a 1ms reaction time??

I very much doubt that your monitor's refresh rate would improve your brain's, muscles' and nervous system's reaction time.... :P

then go play online on a 60Hz monitor and then go online and play with a 144Hz monitor. bet you get slaughtered more and your reaction time is terrible with the 60................ just sayin'..................

I've encountered a few here and there. Everyone would start crying in the chat and we'd be getting slaughtered in spawn waiting for an admin to kick em.

It's pretty common now.

Mid-range Emulation Gaming and Video Rendering PC

[CPU] i7 4790k 4.7GHz & 1.233v Delidded w/ CLU & vice method [Cooling] Corsair H100i [Mobo] Asus Z97-A [GPU] MSI GTX 1070 SeaHawk X[RAM] G.Skill TridentX 2400 9-11-11-30 CR1 [PSU] Corsair 750M 

Some people are just good. Getting headshots isn't exactly hard some times. 

Also, ping advantage and knowledge of maps and common player movement is very helpful. Along with just using your ears.

I'll check it out when I get home.

For reference, he's referring to this video:

I logged over 600 hours in the game in the first 16 months after the game launched, and honestly the hackers didn't start to make a real appearance until the later few months when Origin started putting Bf3 on sale and GameTime launched for TitanFall / BF4. As mentioned in the video, there is a lot of incentive to abuse the system because there is no real repurcussions on their part but they can absolutely ruin your game.

Back then, servers had only started to crack down on these hackers and started by limiting what weapons people could use in the servers (giving you a timeline here) but having played a bit last month, I can vouch for the services being a lot better now, in comparison. They definitely don't pop up as often as they used to, but they're still there and when they do show themselves, it's usually just an aimbot (telltale signs are the scoreboards and situations in which they are getting you). Usually you can still outsmart them, but that's a matter of your own skill and awareness.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB