Windows 8 on Sale

atomicmonkey101

Hi Everyone,

I think I can put this in here because it is news and it isnt really about the operating system itself. I dont know if this applies to anywhere else in the world, but, in Vancouver at least, Windows 8 Pro ($249) is on sale for $69. Its a heck of a deal, the only catch is that you have to be a student or teacher, in high school or college.

I picked it up just because I have never seen an OS that cheap, plus I need a copy for a new build.

i5 4440, 8GB 1600 mhz, Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H, SX900 128gb SSD, 850w 80+ Gold, FD R4, 270

nevermind

i5 4440, 8GB 1600 mhz, Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H, SX900 128gb SSD, 850w 80+ Gold, FD R4, 270

There is OEM and a copy for mutliple machines, an OEM copy is locked with the hardware you originally install it on.

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Folding @ Home Install Guide and Links | My Build

Sorr

is it an OEM copy...

No, it is legit windows.

There is OEM and a copy for mutliple machines, an OEM copy is locked with the hardware you originally install it on.

K thanks. No it isnt oem. it is a legit windows 8 disc from microsoft.

K thanks. No it isnt oem. it is a legit windows 8 disc from microsoft.

You can get a legitimate OEM copy from Microsoft...

OEM-http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832416550

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

if it is for teachers and students only, it could explain why there is a huge discount, even though it is not oem....

No I dont believe it is an OEM.

Do you have a link from where you bought it ?

Hey im an student! But in Denmark :(

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz 

I am sorry, but there is no special.

This is just student pricing of Windows 8: http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msca/en_CA/pdp/productID.273511300

Just go on Microsoft Store for your region, and click on "Student" to know the student offers of your region.

Here is for Denmark (kr. 449,00): http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/mseea/da_DK/cat/ThemeID.30303100/categoryID.59874900

If your University department or College is registered to MSNDAA / DreamSpark, you have Windows for free waiting for download, among with all other Microsoft software available for free (except Office.. I guess Microsoft needs to make money on you, somehow... But it does have OneNote for free on it)

Or better yet, get it for free on Dreamspark. I have yet to use both my windows 7 and 8 keys.

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

I bought windows 8 pro a few months back for $69 using my university email address.  Bought online.  It is not OEM but you get a product key and I have since swapped it to another computer no problem.

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |

I am sorry, but there is no special.

This is just student pricing of Windows 8: http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msca/en_CA/pdp/productID.273511300

Just go on Microsoft Store for your region, and click on "Student" to know the student offers of your region.

Here is for Denmark (kr. 449,00): http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/mseea/da_DK/cat/ThemeID.30303100/categoryID.59874900

If your University department or College is registered to MSNDAA / DreamSpark, you have Windows for free waiting for download, among with all other Microsoft software available for free (except Office.. I guess Microsoft needs to make money on you, somehow... But it does have OneNote for free on it)

That isnt the product.....

Do you have a link from where you bought it ?

here it is.

http://www.staples.ca/en/Microsoft-Windows-8-Pro-English/product_959865_2-CA_1_20001?externalize=certona

It doesnt say on sale on the website. The deal I saw was in a flyer. But that is indeed the product I bought.

That is exactly the product! :)

It's no special offer... it's the student offer (not that its not special already).