Xbox One launch title Ryse has microtransactions

ExDreamer

Ryse: Son of Rome will feature microtransactions to help players accelerate their progression within the game's multiplayer mode, it has been revealed.

Demoing the game to VideoGamer.com at Gamescom this morning, a Microsoft producer compared Ryse's system to Mass Effect 3's multiplayer unlocks and FIFA: Ultimate Team packs, revealing that progression within Ryse's multiplayer is based around armour unlocks and customisation.

"The way that you get armour is very similar to how you get it in like Mass Effect or FIFA. You only earn gold while playing multiplayer [and] you use that gold to buy booster packs. Those booster packs contain random sets of loot. Based on the different tiers of loot that you get - whether you buy Bronze, Silver or Gold Packs - guarantees whether you get rare or common items.

"When we talk about the progression system for multiplayer, it's armour-based," said the producer.

More here : http://www.videogamer.com/xboxone/ryse/news/ryse_has_microtransactions.html

O for fuck sake(sorry but i need to swear) microtransitions in a bloody paid game, is this the next gen service. That is complete bullshit, microsoft and Ryse take take their piece of **** game and shove it up their ****ing ***es. It is ruining gaming as we know it and will make noobs much better in the game without effort. Its shameful.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

O for fuck sake(sorry but i need to swear) microtransitions in a bloody paid game, is this the next gen service. That is complete bullshit, microsoft and Ryse take take their piece of **** game and shove it up their ****ing ***es. It is ruining gaming as we know it and will make noobs much better in the game without effort. Its shameful.

I agree plus it is pay to win system,not just cosmetic.Meaning the more you pays,the better armor you would get.

I agree plus it is pay to win system,not just cosmetic.Meaning the more you pays,the better armor you would get.

This is bad, i like hack and slash games like dynasty warriors and thought that this would rival that however they fucked it up completely. They are milking the crap out of people.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

... Ya know what, screw it.

Screw you too Microsoft/Ryse. M$ is almost EA bad at this point. 

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I SWEAR TO GOD IF THAT DUDE TBAT SWORE DOEST GET A WARNING IM GOING TO SKITS!!!!

9570585998_4042d39db4.jpg

Lian Li PC-V359WRX Micro-ATX Case | Intel 5960X Extreme 3.00GHz | ASRock Fatal1ty X99M KILLER | Crucial 32 GB 2666 DDR4 | Thermaltake NiC C5 | EVGA Supernova 1200W P2 | 2x 240GB OCZ Radeon R7 | 2x 256 GB Samsung 840 Series Pro | 2 X 120GB Samsung 840 EVO | 6x NF-F12’s | Place Holder GPU R9 290X |

Links Current 5960X Old FX9590

http://kotaku.com/heres-how-this-xbox-one-exclusive-will-do-microtransac-1185465312

"When we talk about the progression system for multiplayer, it's armour-based," said the producer. "The way that you get armour is very similar to how you get it in like Mass Effect or FIFA. You only earn gold while playing multiplayer [and] you use that gold to buy booster packs. Those booster packs contain random sets of loot. Based on the different tiers of loot that you get - whether you buy Bronze, Silver or Gold Packs - guarantees whether you get rare or common items. "One of the things that we did a little different is that you can buy them with in-game currency and real world currency. The difference is that if you're close we also have small microtransactions. "Say for instance a gold pack costs 15,000 gold, [and] you've only got 12,500 you can actually buy the difference and only spend a little bit to make it go to a Gold Pack. So we offer some variety there."

Thoughts on microtransactions for Xbox One games?

COMIC SANS

i think micro transaction should go away unless it's aesthetics, but the system they mention is pretty much what mass effect 3 had when I played it on the xbox 360.

This is terrible they are trying to squeeze every penny out of suckers that they can and if they make it so that its hard to get gold so you have to do a microtransation then they are going to ruin gaming in general.  So sick of this pay to win.

Intel 4790k • Asus Z97-A • Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce • G.Skill 1866 4GBx2 • Corsair HX850W PSU • Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler • Intel 530 120GB SSD(OS) • 1TB HDD(Games) • Cooler Master HAF 912 • Logitech G15 Key • Razer Abyssus Mouse • Asus 24in 144hz VG248QE

I don't really mind microtransactions... on Free games. I mean, they have to make money somehow.

But on a full $60 game, and having those microtransactions provide tangible stat changes? IIRC Mass Effect 3 managed to get by under-the-radar due to most people buying it for the single player experience, being an overall entertaining game with solid gameplay in both single and multiplayer, and (I think) having only co-op multiplayer so it didn't really matter what other people did. Also the fact that there was a much bigger controversy.

But Ryse looks awful already presumably has some kind of versus mode. I had hopes when the original version looked like a first-person full motion-tracking ancient war game, but by now it's just... wut.

I'm buying the launch day Xbox One and Ryse with it ( other games as well ). I definitely see Ryse Multiplayer as the same thing that happened with RAGE. It seems like it added last minute. It doesn't seem like it will be a bad game. I also don't mind quick time events.

"You Can't Buy Happiness, But You Can Buy Horsepower, And That's Kind of The Same Thing."