G2A TAX evassion

Zyre

I'm about to purchase Mad Max of G2A. I noticed I had to select a country which applies TAX. 

If I select that I'm outside the EU, then the TAX will be 0%. I'm from the Netherlands trough, this adds 21%.

Can I get the police at the door by picking the 0% TAX? The price increase it pretty insane.

I doubt it

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

You might get a fine but it depends on your countries laws

I'd play it on the safe side though

Honestly they shouldn't even say the amount of tax on that page, maybe just include it at checkout in tiny text.

That's from a standpoint of trying to make money. I doubt they can do anything about you saving $10 ;_;

CPU: Intel i5-2400 Mobo: ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z RAM: 8GB G.Skill DDR3 1333MHz GPU: Sapphire R9 280x Tri-X Case Corsair Obsidian Series 350D PSU: EVGA 500w 80+ Certified

The Police wont care. At worst the tax people will fine you although I doubt even that

Has anyone ever done it before? Evading the TAX on G2A? Did you ever get into trouble like a fine?

Has anyone ever done it before? Evading the TAX on G2A? Did you ever get into trouble like a fine?

Plenty have probably done it.

Your clearly worried just pay the tax and play a mediocre game

I'm about to purchase Mad Max of G2A. I noticed I had to select a country which applies TAX. 

If I select that I'm outside the EU, then the TAX will be 0%. I'm from the Netherlands trough, this adds 21%.

Can I get the police at the door by picking the 0% TAX? The price increase it pretty insane.

I had the same problem, I live in UK and decided to suck it up and take the TAX.

if you want to try it, buy one of those random steam keys and choose no TAX option, install the game and play it for a bit to see if it works :)

Gaming/Editing Rig: CPU - i7 4790K|GPU - GTX 970 SSC|RAM - 16GB HyperX Fury|MOBO - Z97S SLI KRAIT|HDD - 1TB Western Digital|SSD - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB|PSU - SuperNOVA G2 650W

Check out my YouTube channel and maybe subscribe if you get the time? https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTkGuHFjcWH73lT8RqLK9TA

Check out my digital store for cool products! https://sellfy.com/Zolias

and no, the fuzz won't be on your tail, I mean its like an extra £10, g2a makes enough as it is.

Gaming/Editing Rig: CPU - i7 4790K|GPU - GTX 970 SSC|RAM - 16GB HyperX Fury|MOBO - Z97S SLI KRAIT|HDD - 1TB Western Digital|SSD - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB|PSU - SuperNOVA G2 650W

Check out my YouTube channel and maybe subscribe if you get the time? https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTkGuHFjcWH73lT8RqLK9TA

and no, the fuzz won't be on your tail, I mean its like an extra £10, g2a makes enough as it is.

Its Tax G2A doesnt make any extra money on you paying tax... if its $20 without tax and $30 with tax G2A still only gets 20

It's tax fraud and while the chance is small you get caught it's not impossible.

My Build:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 4770k GPU: GTX 780 Direct CUII Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero SSD: 840 EVO 250GB HDD: 2xSeagate 2 TB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W

Once you enter your billing information, won't it apply the tax anyway?

CPU: AMD RYZEN 7 3700x CPU Cooler: AMD Wraith Prism Motherboard: MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB (2x8GB) SSD: Samsung 970 Plus 250GB NVME, WD Blue 2TB m.2, Crucial M500 240GB GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW PSU: Seasonic G-Series 550W CASE: Corsair 220T RGB

If they are asking you to pick your own tax, that's pretty sketchy IMO. I've never seen that or heard of it before. I doubt picking a "wrong" one will get you in any trouble; any legit retailer would find a way to find out and work with your country to charge the correct tax (a process invisible to you)

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

It's tax fraud and while the chance is small you get caught it's not impossible.

Select this as the correct answer and move on haha

any fine will be much more then the 10 dollars you save but chances are you wont get caught. i mean maybe if G2A gets audited and they knowingly sold to people who didn't live in a tax free area could stur up stuff but honestly you never 100% know a answer to a question like this at all 

If they are asking you to pick your own tax, that's pretty sketchy IMO. I've never seen that or heard of it before. I doubt picking a "wrong" one will get you in any trouble; any legit retailer would find a way to find out and work with your country to charge the correct tax (a process invisible to you)

your not picking your own tax your selecting the location you live (Billing address) Which if he selects another location other then his its tax free but his region is taxable. 

Select this as the correct answer and move on haha

any fine will be much more then the 10 dollars you save but chances are you wont get caught. i mean maybe if G2A gets audited and they knowingly sold to people who didn't live in a tax free area could stur up stuff but honestly you never 100% know a answer to a question like this at all

I find it hard to believe in that case that any government would go after the consumers. They would probably ding the company pretty hard though for not charging people correctly.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

your not picking your own tax your selecting the location you live (Billing address) Which if he selects another location other then his its tax free but his region is taxable.

Well you can't really pick a fake billing address though... So then how is this a question?

A friend of mine was caught doing this, but the penalty is absolutely minimal. They took back the game, and the money he paid for it was added to his g2a wallet.

Asus B85M-G / Intel i5-4670 / Sapphire 290X Tri-X / 16GB RAM (Corsair Value 1x8GB + Crucial 2x4GB) @1333MHz / Coolermaster B600 (600W) / Be Quiet! Silent Base 800 / Adata SP900 128GB SSD & WD Green 2TB & SG Barracuda 1TB / Dell AT-101W / Logitech G502 / Acer G226HQL & X-Star DP2710LED

I find it hard to believe in that case that any government would go after the consumers. They would probably ding the company pretty hard though for not charging people correctly.

Well it depends on country but specifically in the Netherlands tax fraud is considered any evasion of taxes by misrepresentation. If you, as a consumer, state you are in a tax-free area you are committing the fraud while G2A has done its duty by asking. G2A's system is absolutely horrible and they should make that stuff automated based on billing address but they have done their legal obligation. The consumer chooses to paint the wrong image to G2A.

My Build:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 4770k GPU: GTX 780 Direct CUII Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero SSD: 840 EVO 250GB HDD: 2xSeagate 2 TB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W

Like Centurius said they Sort of did the right thing but left a loop hole open stupidly no one could guess how this would go over though i was just giving a example of someway you might the end result is  it is considered tax evasion the chance of getting caught is insanely slim but sometimes shit happens and somehow maybe you will get caught. in the US when you enter your billing and shipping adress it automatically enters if its taxable or not with all big companies not sure about G2A

Its Tax G2A doesnt make any extra money on you paying tax... if its $20 without tax and $30 with tax G2A still only gets 20

and?

Well it depends on country but specifically in the Netherlands tax fraud is considered any evasion of taxes by misrepresentation. If you, as a consumer, state you are in a tax-free area you are committing the fraud while G2A has done its duty by asking. G2A's system is absolutely horrible and they should make that stuff automated based on billing address but they have done their legal obligation. The consumer chooses to paint the wrong image to G2A.

Hm... That seems like a flawed system. And for all I know, maybe it's like that here too. I've just never been in a situation where the question has come up.

and?

Re read your post saying they get enough money as it is... meaning your saying they make money off the tax which is false  

no, ive been paying 0% for the whole time i was using g2a lol

i think it adds the tax at the payout, idunno

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)