[US-Newegg] Sapphire R9 290 $180

Gingy

please post according to the guidelines:

Please use common sense when posting - no advertising of your own or your friends companies, post to second hand sales sites, etc.

Share the love by telling people of awesome deals like the steam autumn sale that is currently going on!

All topics should be linking to an awesome deal from somewhere on the interwebs - but please don't just link! Include some of the best deals and talk about the sale, maybe even include a screenshot  :D

Some basic guidelines that would be nice to see people follow:

• Please include the location as a prefix in the title. For example -  {CAN}, {US}, {AU}, [CA,US], [EU], etc...
  • Please keep the titles simple - indicate what it is and how much along with the location prefix and possible for how long
  • Please indicate the currency type in the post - CA, US, (£)
  • Links in the Hot Deals section to items being sold directly by the manufacturer or distributor, such as Razor, Dell, Amazon, Best Buy, etc., are allowed, but only in this section.
  • NO links to Ebay or other second hand and/or auction sites (even ones run by possible "recognized" brands)
  • G2A links are at this stage permitted
  • NO referral links of any type

Only members who have previously contacted Slick or Linus and made prior arrangements can post "deals" to their own websites or affiliates.

Thank you for all your assistance in keeping this section tidy and running smoothly.

slickdeals is not a distributor, not manufacturer..

Stock cooler, not worth it.

Bullshit. That's a good deal and the stock cooler is not bad.

Edit: Only if you owned one can you decide if it's loud or not. A LOT of reviewers play with very quiet cards and this card may seem very loud to them. Mine is actually pretty quiet despite being in a restricted case and having a pretty significant OC, and I've owned some very quiet cards.

Stock cooler for the 290 is actually not that great...

It is a good deal, but the stock cooler is indeed garbage, it is described as a lawnmower and a jet turbine (it's the reason amd got flack about hot/loud 2xx series cards)

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

Stock cooler for the 290 is actually not that great...

I own the reference cooled R9 290. I have it in an mITX case with restricted airflow, and an 1100MHz OC. It's not that loud, and it stays under 80C because I set the target temp lower in exchange for a slightly louder card. People are so mislead about the cooler.

It is a good deal, but the stock cooler is indeed garbage, it is described as a lawnmower and a jet turbine

It's a great deal for people that can get two of them and watercool them :D

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

It is a good deal, but the stock cooler is indeed garbage, it is described as a lawnmower and a jet turbine (it's the reason amd got flack about hot/loud 2xx series cards)

Again, have you owned one? Because I currently have one in my system, which is mITX and it OC'd to 1100MHz. It's not that loud despite this.

Thank you.

For what? ^^

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

It's a great deal for people that can get two of them and watercool them :D

That is part of the reason I said it was a good deal, cooling loops don't care what stupid fan was on the card

Again, have you owned one? Because I currently have one in my system, which is mITX and it OC'd to 1100MHz. It's not that loud despite this.

No, but I have heard them before, it's hit or miss but as I said still a good deal

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

For what? ^^

People sayin' the card is useless because of the cooler when they've never owned one, when you can easily replace the cooler or just suck it up and play some games with it.

I was going to buy one at 219 a couple of weeks ago. purchased a 380 instead. stupid mistake. reference card or not. great performaer for a great price.

That is part of the reason I said it was a good deal, cooling loops don't care what stupid fan was on the card

No, but I have heard them before, it's hit or miss but as I said still a good deal

It is a good deal, I got mine (used) for $170. If you slap an AIO on this puppy it is the best purchase one can make in terms of value. I'm just really tired of people instantly hating on the stock cooler, it is not the best but it does it's job.

People sayin' the card is useless because of the cooler when they've never owned one, when you can easily replace the cooler or just suck it up and play some games with it.

Even Artic Accelero cooler would be awesome to add to the card

Even Artic Accelero cooler would be awesome to add to the card

Yep! I had a 120mm AIO that I had modded onto the card but I traded it with a friend for another stock cooler.

Edit: Only if you owned one can you decide if it's loud or not. A LOT of reviewers play with very quiet cards and this card may seem very loud to them. Mine is actually pretty quiet despite being in a restricted case and having a pretty significant OC, and I've owned some very quiet cards.

I will back you up on this.  This is absolutely the best bang for your buck right now.  I currently own 4 of these in two different rigs and I've used 6 more in other builds.  All sapphire reference cards.  Never had a single issue with them.  Granted...some are in custom loops or I installed Corsair HG10 A1/NZXT Kraken G10 brackets and aio coolers.  

But $250-275 for the 290, HG10/G10, and an AIO cooler isn't worth it?  Seems like a pretty good deal to me.

oh man... i have to fight myself to not buy this right now...

Great card, and aftermarket coolers are so available and cheap, that this is an amazing deal on a non-used card.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

I will back you up on this.  This is absolutely the best bang for your buck right now.  I currently own 4 of these in two different rigs and I've used 6 more in other builds.  All sapphire reference cards.  Never had a single issue with them.  Granted...some are in custom loops or I installed Corsair HG10 A1/NZXT Kraken G10 brackets and aio coolers.  

But $250-275 for the 290, HG10/G10, and an AIO cooler isn't worth it?  Seems like a pretty good deal to me.

You don't even have to spend that much too! Even an Arctic Cooling Accelero will do wonderful and you can pick one of those up for like $50 used, plus $180 for the card. Gotta say, I absolutely love my R9 290 as well, and I'm really glad I switched over to AMD (I still like Nvidia though).