A lot of complaints from customers who bought the ASUS ROG PG279Q

RRGT19

Does not really matter because in law its the vendors responsibility to repair or replace until you get one that works properly. Asus and all the other makers of the monitor are not who we the customers interact with.

So really we have no evidence about ASUS doing good or bad QC as we do not know if they removed the terrible panels from a batch.

Err, yes we do. People have gotten terrible panels already. Therefore we know the terrible panels have not all been removed. What you're saying is "well maybe there were panels that were even MORE terrible that were removed, and the ones we see are actually the best of the bunch!" Sorry but if a panel is terrible, it's terrible. Even if there were even worse panels, that doesn't make the ones we see any better.

Fact: The panels we see in production units are the ones ASUS chose to pass their QC test.

Fact: People have gotten some pretty terrible panels

Therefore, ASUS QC is allowing some pretty terrible panels through their QC.

Therefore, ASUS QC is bad by definition.

That's really all there is to it.

(Of course, I'm playing devil's advocate, I'm not convinced the majority of panels are bad in the first place).

Err, yes we do. People have gotten terrible panels already. Therefore we know the terrible panels have not all been removed. What you're saying is "well maybe there were panels that were even MORE terrible that were removed, and the ones we see are actually the best of the bunch!" Sorry but if a panel is terrible, it's terrible. Even if there were even worse panels, that doesn't make the ones we see any better.

Fact: The panels we see in production units are the ones ASUS chose to pass their QC test.

Fact: People have gotten some pretty terrible panels

Therefore, ASUS QC is allowing some pretty terrible panels through their QC.

Therefore, ASUS QC is bad by definition.

That's really all there is to it.

(Of course, I'm playing devil's advocate, I'm not convinced the majority of panels are bad in the first place).

We could also say the terrible ones were removed and the best ones were kept, even though they are still bad. It is AU Optronics which has bad QC

We cannot say that most people not talking about problems with the monitor are fine, due to people who do not use a forum

So we still cannot really say the biggest fault is ASUS's, due to AU Optronics making the panel and it is their fault anyway

We know AU Optronics does not QC a panel, which is where all the problems happen with the monitor.

Look at my previous example about Corsair and Cherry MX

So if you think ASUS QC is bad, ACER QC must be the worse, due to AU Optronics QC problems, 1440p 144hz monitor problems and the ACER Predator X34 major problems. So really ASUS QC is a lot better than ACER QC. So back to my statement. The ASUS PG348Q is worth waiting for, as ASUS has better QC than ACER (it still might not be the best, however it is a lot better)

GPU[Two GTX 980ti Lightnings overclocked]-CPU[Core i7 5930K, 4.4Ghz]-Motherboard[MSI X99 Godlike]-Case[Corsair 780t Black]-RAM[32GB Corsair Dominator 3000Mhz Light bars]-Storage[samsung 950 Pro 512GB, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB and Samsung 850 Pro 512GB]-CPU Cooler[EK Predator 360mm]-PSU[EVGA 1600w T2 Individual cables Red]-Monitor[ASUS PG348Q]-Keyboard[Corsair K70 Red]-Mouse[Corsair M65 RGB]-Headset[sennheiser G4me one]-Case Fans[beQuiet Silent Wings 2]

We could also say the terrible ones were removed and the best ones were kept, even though they are still bad. It is AU Optronics which has bad QC

So if you think ASUS QC is bad, ACER QC must be the worse, due to AU Optronics QC problems, 1440p 144hz monitor problems and the ACER Predator X34 major problems. So really ASUS QC is a lot better than ACER QC. So back to my statement. The ASUS PG348Q is worth waiting for, as ASUS has better QC than ACER (it still might not be the best, however it is a lot better)

Rejecting the worst panels and keeping the best panels is NOT what we want from QC. We want them rejecting the bad panels and keeping the good ones. If the best ones are bad, who cares if they're "the best" panels? They should still be rejected, because they don't meet the quality standards of the company. If they're bad they're bad, and they should be rejected by QC, and if they're ALL bad, then they should ALL be rejected. If they are not doing that, they are not doing their job. Simple as that.

The argument is not about whether ASUS QC is better than Acer AC. The argument is whether ASUS QC is bad or not. Whether it's much better than Acer doesn't matter. If it's bad it's bad.

What happened with your monitor?.. is it damaged too?, can you tell us and send us more photos?.

It had a lot of BLB. The glow was pretty solid, but no $800+ dollar monitor shouldn't have any BLB.