MetallicAcid's TJ07 (working title)

make it all black but add some coloured led 

LED strips, RGB :)

/Justin

He will add RGB LED strips. 

matt black with crisp white LEDs would turn me on 

Your profile picture is somewhat relevant. 

I do agree 100% with matte black myself. 

NZXT Phantom windowed, Asus Z77 Sabertooth, Intel 2600K, Noctua NH-D14, EVGA 780 Classified, Crucial Ballistic Tactical, Crucial M4 128GB + Samsung 850 EVO, Corsair RM850, Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Peripherals: Sennheiser HD598, FinalMouse Classic, SteelSeries Qck Heavy, Ducky Shine Zero (MX Brown), AOC G2460PF & Qnix QX2710

Build Log: Phantom - Antique Noctua

• 3 weeks later...

Update time!

TJ07sponsorlogo_zpsf3b9021d.jpg

Hello and welcome to a small hardware update!

Some more hardware has come in from Demis these last 2 weeks, so I took some photos and would like to present them to you. There is not so much left to buy so this build can be completed. Those last parts are the CPU, and GPU(s). I have now left the case in to be powdercoated, so it should be back in my hands mid next week. There is also a nice package from EKWB coming which consists of the R4BE uniblock, and all fittings needed. 

Once the EK package comes in, and I take some glory photos of the parts, I will start the routing of the watercooling, thereby installing the radiators, reservoirs, uniblock and pump into the newly painted case.

THE END IS NIGH, MY FRIENDS!!! :D

The following hardware consists of the following:
6 Corsair 120mm SP120 Quiet Edition PWM fans
2 Intel 530 120GB SSDs
1 Soundblaster ZXR internal soundcard

Enjoy!

DSC07119-2_zps1388a07b.jpg

DSC07121-2_zps1d17b1cf.jpg

DSC07123-2_zps37ff6231.jpg

DSC07125-2_zps854c9917.jpg

DSC07134-2_zps29890c15.jpg

DSC07135-2_zpsbee35b5f.jpg

DSC07136-2_zps6bdde7f6.jpg

DSC07138-2_zpsd45a2798.jpg

With kind regards,
Justin "MetallicAcid" Ohlsen

http://www.facebook.com/metallicacidcustomspcs

While scrolling down the images, those fans in the 7th photo messed with my eyes O.o

But yeah, nice effect you got there :)

And fantastic upgrades and updates Justin, keep the awesome work as usual :D

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

The little audiophile inside me is wanting to scream right now.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

• 2 weeks later...

Update time!

Hey hey!

A short update for you all :) I have got the case back from the powder coaters today. I am 90% happy with how it turned out, but there is a spot that looks like fingerprints..

You will see when you scroll through the pictures. I am going to give the shop a call tomorrow morning and see what they have to say about it. So without any further waiting, here come the photos!

DSC07211-2_zps885b8516.jpg

DSC07212-2_zps5c1f4232.jpg

DSC07213-2_zps8141a662.jpg

DSC07214-2_zpsc5c3f9e6.jpg

DSC07216-2_zpscb30e51e.jpg

DSC07218-2_zps8e991062.jpg

DSC07219-2_zps543369de.jpg

DSC07221-2_zpsfc765591.jpg

DSC07224-2_zps337832d4.jpg

DSC07225-2_zps1770ac18.jpg

Now that I have the case painted, I am pushing to get the CPU here ASAP so I can install the motherboard uniblock, drill the necessary holes and get the tubing routed. 

I hope that you have enjoyed this update!

Kind regards,

MetallicAcid

Oh my lawd!  

That is gorgeous.  It's awesome to see this project finally come to fruition!

Isopropyl alcohol is all you need for cleaning CPU's and motherboard components.  No, you don't need [insert cleaning solution here].  -Source: PhD Student, Chemistry

Why overclockers should understand Load-Line Calibration.

ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition || i7 3930k @ 4.5 GHz || 32 GB Corsair Vengeance CL8 || ASUS GTX 780 DCuII || ASUS Xonar Essence STX || XFX PRO 1000W

Oh mi god. I accidentally found your Instagram by mistake. LOL, it was you, because I saw your FT03 by mistake.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Looks great besides those fingerprint marks on the top 

I thought the window was scratched but then I saw that

it was protective film

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

MetallicAcid

Oh my lawd!  

That is gorgeous.  It's awesome to see this project finally come to fruition!

Thanks mate! I am mostly happy with the results!

Oh mi god. I accidentally found your Instagram by mistake. LOL, it was you, because I saw your FT03 by mistake.

Awesome that you found me there too! :D

Looks great besides those fingerprint marks on the top 

I thought the window was scratched but then I saw that

it was protective film

Thank you CJ. I think the fingerprints were caused by the chemical metal not holding up in the oven during baking process though. So I might not be able to do anything about it.

/J

I am sitting here.. slacking with my own build. (Not on purpose!) 

You do motivate me to keep going tho! So there is that. 
The thing that I really do enjoy about looking over your build is the photo quality. 

I have your guide bookmarked somewhere. But I LOST my camera... I have a few things done that I would like to make pictures off.. but yeah, lost my camera haha! 
I will actually start working on my camera skills when I find it back! 

All in good time. 

NZXT Phantom windowed, Asus Z77 Sabertooth, Intel 2600K, Noctua NH-D14, EVGA 780 Classified, Crucial Ballistic Tactical, Crucial M4 128GB + Samsung 850 EVO, Corsair RM850, Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Peripherals: Sennheiser HD598, FinalMouse Classic, SteelSeries Qck Heavy, Ducky Shine Zero (MX Brown), AOC G2460PF & Qnix QX2710

Build Log: Phantom - Antique Noctua

Thanks mate! I am mostly happy with the results!

Awesome that you found me there too! :D

Thank you CJ. I think the fingerprints were caused by the chemical metal not holding up in the oven during baking process though. So I might not be able to do anything about it.

/J

Hehe, time to start the spam! devil-happy.gif

wow... i got the chills! 

i missed this! amazing log!

:)

-Corsair Carbide 500r + TX-750w V2 | Asus P5Q Deluxe + Intel Core2Duo E8400 @ 3.8Ghz + 2x2GB G.Skill DDR2 1066mhz

-Sapphire HD4890 1GB DDR5 (New Edition) + 1x Intel SSD 330 120GB + 2x Seagate Barracuda 500GB SlimSinglePlate (RAID0)

I am sitting here.. slacking with my own build. (Not on purpose!) 

You do motivate me to keep going tho! So there is that. 

The thing that I really do enjoy about looking over your build is the photo quality. 

I have your guide bookmarked somewhere. But I LOST my camera... I have a few things done that I would like to make pictures off.. but yeah, lost my camera haha! 

I will actually start working on my camera skills when I find it back! 

All in good time. 

Awesome to hear that I motivate you man!  :)

The best thing you can do is just find your camera and use it ;)

Hehe, time to start the spam! devil-happy.gif

MUHUHAHAHAHAHA

I will hopefully spam you guys with updates these next two weeks!

wow... i got the chills! 

i missed this! amazing log!

:)

Thank you Axis :) Nice to see you here.

/J.

YES!

YES!

Seconded!

Pentium G3258 @ 4.2GHz | Asus R9 290 | MSI Z97s SLI Plus | 2x4GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1600MHZ | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | 250GB 840 Evo |Evga Supernova 750W | Win 7 Home Premium | Corsair Obsidian 800D |

i5-2450M @ 2.50 GHz | 8GB RAM | 500GB 5400rpm HDD | Nvidia gt630m | Win 8.1 Pro |

• 1 month later...

Hey everybody!

Since completing my last project, the Monolith FT03, I have gotten my arse into gear to finish this TJ07 before the end of this month. I will try and keep you guys up to date on what is going, and have at least one update a week. 

In this update, I have gotten in almost all of the parts required to get this project finished. I am just waiting on the GPU blocks from coolerkit.se. 

With this update I would also like to announce BlackNoise as a sponsor, who have given this project 6 of their Noiseblocker NB BlackSilent Pro 120mm PL-2 fans. 

Here is what they look like :)

DSC07308-2_zpsef8e74f1.jpg

DSC07643-2_zps159f2f03.jpg

DSC07647-2_zps98daf5f1.jpg

Once I checked out and installed those beauties, I had a look at the 4 AMD R9 290's which was sent to me for the project. Do not worry my friends, these will be water cooled, and these original coolers will be scrapped for the sake of humankind.

DSC07635-2_zpseeb11fb4.jpg

DSC07637-2_zpsaa2c4cce.jpg

DSC07638-2_zps623d8b14.jpg

DSC07641-2_zps1ba3b77f.jpg

I got in a brand spanking new Intel Core i7 4930k as well. Let's check it out!

DSC07626-2_zps63bf2a17.jpg

DSC07628-2_zps98f547d0.jpg

After I had finished drooling on the CPU, I went ahead and installed it on the motherboard, then swapped out the EK motherboard blocks for this beautiful uniblock. This will really tidy things up reducing the amount of fittings from 6 to just 2. I also decided to remove the RAM water cooling blocks as they are not needed, and create unnecessary mess/fittings/tube routing. Where is what it all looks like during and after installation.

DSC07622-2_zpsd959f422.jpg

DSC07623-2_zpsb2721735.jpg

DSC07624-2_zpsd2742b51.jpg

DSC07630-2_zpsa88c4b24.jpg

DSC07631-2_zps522ad289.jpg

DSC07645-2_zps519f8ea1.jpg 

Other things that I would like to mention is that I have bought a pipe bender, pipe cutter and chromed piping for this build. The tube bending will start this Saturday, and hopefully the GPU blocks have come in so I can get this sorted out. 

Also, I will have to mod the Cold Zero motherboard extension plate as the holes for the GPUs no longer match up with the amount of GPUs that will be installed. I will be installing just 3 cards, as the Silverstone 1200w PSU will not handle the 4th card :( This also means that I have to cut an extra hole into the extension tray to accommodate this extra GPU.

I think that is about it for this update guys. I hope that I have not kept you waiting too long, but with tight budgeting and parts costing as much as they do, it was unavoidable. But this said, from now on it should be short and sweet!

Cheers!

Ooh nice. I can't wait to see the chrome tube,I want to do something like that

Also, what are you doing with the 4th290?

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Ooh nice. I can't wait to see the chrome tube,I want to do something like that

Also, what are you doing with the 4th290?

I am not sure. That is up to the person I am build for to decide :)

/J

I will be installing just 3 cards, as the Silverstone 1200w PSU will not handle the 4th card :( This also means that I have to cut an extra hole into the extension tray to accommodate this extra GPU.

Seriously that only supports 3 cards?  I would have thought that 1200W was plenty, but I guess I don't know that much about multi-card loading.  

I feel like there are 1500W psu's out there, maybe you should upgrade for the sake of reasons!

Isopropyl alcohol is all you need for cleaning CPU's and motherboard components.  No, you don't need [insert cleaning solution here].  -Source: PhD Student, Chemistry

Why overclockers should understand Load-Line Calibration.

ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition || i7 3930k @ 4.5 GHz || 32 GB Corsair Vengeance CL8 || ASUS GTX 780 DCuII || ASUS Xonar Essence STX || XFX PRO 1000W

Jesus Christ that mobo all in one block is massive, its great!

Pentium G3258 @ 4.2GHz | Asus R9 290 | MSI Z97s SLI Plus | 2x4GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1600MHZ | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | 250GB 840 Evo |Evga Supernova 750W | Win 7 Home Premium | Corsair Obsidian 800D |

i5-2450M @ 2.50 GHz | 8GB RAM | 500GB 5400rpm HDD | Nvidia gt630m | Win 8.1 Pro |

0SAwYu0.gif

This build was sexy.....

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Seriously that only supports 3 cards?  I would have thought that 1200W was plenty, but I guess I don't know that much about multi-card loading.  

I feel like there are 1500W psu's out there, maybe you should upgrade for the sake of reasons!

I wish I could install 4 cards without having to get a new PSU. But there is no money left in the budget for that upgrade :(

Jesus Christ that mobo all in one block is massive, its great!

Cheers! Really cleans things up :)

I can't wait to see this build in all of its glory! 

Only a few weeks to go my friend. The final stretch....

0SAwYu0.gif

This build was sexy.....

I am sorry that you no longer enjoy it's looks. Perhaps when it is finished you might turn to like it? :) Have faith!

Gets 4 r9 290's and a i7 4930k cpu.. Opens fans first. Respect brah :P

:) Dem fans tho...

Kind regards,

Justin