MetallicAcid's TJ07 (working title)

Removing the cap is all well and good, but only if it's across 2 of the cables (parallel).

If it was in series, you'll have to resolder the wire back together or you won't get any power through that cable.

Justin, was the cap between two seperate cables, or just inline on one?

He'll find out soon enough ^^

Everyone have a cool signature. I don't, so I thought I would write something.

- Cool right?

This is freaking awesome. I just went through all 28 pages and loved most of the renders you've done. I love builds with Silverstone cases.

Hey man!! Thanks for joining! I have to say that I do not know which is more fun, the designing or the modding! I love both just as much! I have already designed more than 4 other PC's in the downtime that I have, including a future upgrade for my gaming rig, the Silverstone Temjin TJ08B! Here is what it looks like!

FT03modded5_zps6276c567.jpg

FT03modded1_zps36845a20.jpg

FT03modded4_zps1d570276.jpg

FT03modded6_zps5f17ba23.jpg

I did not want to make the same mistake with creating a build log too early before the start of the project and having 26 pages of renders ;) But I will highlight the design process and the changes once the build log is created :)

As with the cables guys, I have just clipped off the capacitors and shrinked over where they were spliced into the cable. I have read and seen and overwhelming number of people who have done the same thing without reporting fault. Even the Silverstone PP05 short cable kit is without the capacitor, so I think that the capacitors were actually there as a "precaution" due to some faults they may have had during product testing, and decided to market this addition as nothing but a positive thing. 

But, lets see how it goes after plugging them in and see for ourselves ;)

Best regards,
Justin

http://www.facebook.com/metallicacidcustomspcs

Wow, that Yellow and black render is hands down the most beautiful computer I've ever seen! I hope the real thing will look that good

i7 2600 | HD 6870 | 8GB Memory | 120GB Samsung 840 EVO | 500W PSU | Fractal Define R4

I have a lot of upgrade plans, and no money  :)

Hey man!! Thanks for joining! I have to say that I do not know which is more fun, the designing or the modding! I love both just as much! I have already designed more than 4 other PC's in the downtime that I have, including a future upgrade for my gaming rig, the Silverstone Temjin TJ08B! Here is what it looks like!

I did not want to make the same mistake with creating a build log too early before the start of the project and having 26 pages of renders ;) But I will highlight the design process and the changes once the build log is created :)

Lol... Your addicted man xD

As always, will be looking forward to anything you throw your mind to!

As with the cables guys, I have just clipped off the capacitors and shrinked over where they were spliced into the cable. I have read and seen and overwhelming number of people who have done the same thing without reporting fault. Even the Silverstone PP05 short cable kit is without the capacitor, so I think that the capacitors were actually there as a "precaution" due to some faults they may have had during product testing, and decided to market this addition as nothing but a positive thing. 

But, lets see how it goes after plugging them in and see for ourselves ;)

Best regards,
Justin

Yeah, that's what I thought :) 

Everyone have a cool signature. I don't, so I thought I would write something.

- Cool right?

Any updates @MetallicAcid ?

i7 2600 | HD 6870 | 8GB Memory | 120GB Samsung 840 EVO | 500W PSU | Fractal Define R4

I have a lot of upgrade plans, and no money  :)

Any updates @MetallicAcid ?

Not really mate, just sleeving atm. I have spent some time with the family over the Easter weekend, and then since Sunday my daughter and I have caught some kind of stomach where we throw up all the time. But so far I have sleeved the 24pin, 8pin, and 2xPCIE. I have started on Molex today and hope to get this and the SATA power completed by the end of the day. :)

/Justin

Update time!

TJ07sponsorlogo_zpsf3b9021d.jpg

Why hello there guys and girls. 

I have received the first of the water cooling products, so I have taken this opportunity to snap a few photos to show you guys. Beware: This is a massive photodump. This is kind of like an pictorial unboxing of EK's products, so every one of you can have a look at the finish in person and decide if their products are for you. I am not affiliated or endorsed by EKWB.

With this said, onto the pictures!

Unboxing_zps7d62acd2.jpg

Unboxing250X-Res1_zps4f6bff54.jpg
Unboxing250X-Res4_zpse57ef872.jpg
Unboxing250X-Res5_zps7cb0afae.jpg
Unboxing250X-Res2_zps36588075.jpg
Unboxing250X-Res3_zpsf35cd906.jpg
Unboxing250X-Res6_zps0833f4f3.jpg
Unboxing250X-Res7_zps4f97026c.jpg
Unboxing250X-Res8_zpsb32ce99a.jpg
Unboxing250X-Res9_zps1b7d1714.jpg
Unboxing250X-Res10_zpsd96b3570.jpg
Unboxing240rad1_zps83935ed7.jpg
Unboxing240rad2_zpse44710f4.jpg
Unboxing240rad3_zps5cfb362e.jpg
Unboxing240rad4_zps0fe60d9a.jpg
Unboxing240rad5_zpsc4f5194b.jpg
Unboxing240rad6_zpsee6e413e.jpg
Unboxing240rad7_zps0a331cc0.jpg
Unboxing240rad8_zps378ee29d.jpg
Unboxing240rad9_zps7ae9b400.jpg
Unboxing240rad10_zps6680a0e7.jpg
Unboxing240rad11_zps9a4b1be7.jpg
Unboxing240rad12_zps3fee7e1d.jpg
Unboxing480rad1_zps21ecf5e9.jpg
Unboxing480rad2_zps62c47ce8.jpg
Unboxing480rad3_zpsf2b66fe5.jpg
Unboxing480rad4_zpsdbdb5c0b.jpg
Unboxing480rad5_zpscdf189c9.jpg
Unboxing480rad6_zps0ce5a70a.jpg
Unboxing2404801_zps364a7b7b.jpg

Unboxing2404803_zps770196ac.jpg

After the photoshoot I was then tempted to throw the rads and PSU into the case to see how it will look :)

Testfitting1_zpsa0662d4a.jpg
Testfitting2_zpsf07cd256.jpg
Testfitting3_zps399e8d66.jpg
Testfitting4_zpseb9d282f.jpg
Testfitting5_zps04f90bd4.jpg
Testfitting6_zpsc194f459.jpg
Testfitting7_zps2287e504.jpg
Testfitting8_zps3599db7a.jpg

The look of the rads are great. I love the rectangular look and the ends where the Torx screws are. The rads have a paint job which cover all the fins without any discolouration unlike any Alphacool or Phobya rad on the market. This is nice if you are aiming to have a fully blacked out PC build like I have planned. 

The reservoirs feel solid, and look really nice to boot. They come with 4 silver stop fittings and 2 extension fittings. Keep this in mind when you are planning to buy your fittings for your own custom WC loop, otherwise you will have to replace all of these fittings with your desired colour. 

I also have to give a shoutout to Inet.se who had this delivered just after 2 business days after the products were ordered from their website. Other products were ordered the same time from another webshop, and those items have only just left their warehouse.

This is it from me, so until next time, take care!
Justin "MetallicAcid" Ohlsen

Oohh looks great. i want a nice system now...

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Get better soon! 

Right, the PSU will not really be visable.. Now the blue connectors are not that bad anymore.  :rolleyes:

NZXT Phantom windowed, Asus Z77 Sabertooth, Intel 2600K, Noctua NH-D14, EVGA 780 Classified, Crucial Ballistic Tactical, Crucial M4 128GB + Samsung 850 EVO, Corsair RM850, Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Peripherals: Sennheiser HD598, FinalMouse Classic, SteelSeries Qck Heavy, Ducky Shine Zero (MX Brown), AOC G2460PF & Qnix QX2710

Build Log: Phantom - Antique Noctua

I rabbit like the boxy ness of the radiator

EDIT: really like. Not rabbit.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

The look of the rads are great. I love the rectangular look and the ends where the Torx screws are. The rads have a paint job which cover all the fins without any discolouration unlike any Alphacool or Phobya rad on the market. This is nice if you are aiming to have a fully blacked out PC build like I have planned. 

Great minds think alike, I see. I have two of those PE series 480mm radiators on their way for my Cross Desk build. What does the build quality feel like? Any weak structural points, or discrepancies in stuff like screw hole spacing etc?

Too much is never enough.

This build... so awesome... I just don't know what to say... the thing is, its only going to get more epic.

Its that fine love between love and hate, i like this so much that I almost hate you for having it...

Though... is it just me or does this badge look a bit slapped on

If I'm not mistaken, isn't that the rad that can be taken apart and painted?

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

looks awesome

- teamspeak.ltt-unofficial.com

- teamspeak.ltt-unofficial.net

- teamschnitzel.ltt-unofficial.com

- teamschnitzel.ltt-unofficial.net

cpu: Intel sandybridge-E 3930k @ 4.2Ghz

cooler: corsair h100 @ full speed push-pull

motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Extreme

gpu: 2x EVGA GTX660's & 1x EVGA GTX980

ssd: 2x samsung 256GB 840 pro raid 0

ssd: 1x samsung 1TB 840 evo

hdd: WD green 3TB

hdd: Seagate Barracuda 1TB (st1000dm003)

hdd: Seagate Barracuda 1TB (st31000520as)

psu: corsair ax1200i

ram: 8x 4GB corsair platinum @1866mhz

case: coolermaster cosmos II

monitors Main: 8x LG 22EA53 1080p 60hz

monitor Extra: 1xiiyama prolite G2773Hs 1080p 120hz 27"

keyboard: logitech g19

mouse: corsair m60

Lenovo T550

RaspBerry pi webserver:

Nas:

StatusOffline.

PC straight to the modem/router/switch/DHCP-Server/... with a 20cm (+-8inch) cat6a patch cable because same price as cat5.

ISP: Telenet (belgium)

Speed: 60Down-4Up (+- 45€/month)

ping to there servers: +-8ms

ping to other Belgians: +-12ms

- wheels for cosmos II

This shit's 'bout to get heavy :D Sick man !!! Cant wait :P

AMD FX-8350 // ASUS Radeon R9 280X Matrix // ASUS M5A97 Pro // Corsair Vengance 8GB 1600MHz // Corsair RM850 PSU //  WD Green 2TB // Corsair H60 // Cooler Master Elite 430 // KBParadise V60 MX Blue // Logitech G602 // Sennheiser HD 598 + Focusrrrrite 2i2 + MXL V67 // Samsung SyncMaster 245BW 1920x1200 // #killedmywife  #afterdark  #makebombs #Twerkit      "it touches my junk"   linus 2014

Oooohh. I was watching this from the start and now it's starting to get interesting  :D

Sorry for the convoluted speech pattern.

SGud4PH.gif

Main Rig: Cpu: Intel Core i7 4790k CPU Cooler: NH_d15 GPU: Gigabyte Radeon HD7970 Windforce III MOBO: Msi Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: HyperX Fury 1600 8gb white SSD: Samsung 840 evo 250gb PSU: Corsair CX750M Case: NZXT H630 white

PC peripherals: Monitor: Samsung Syncmaster T27B550 Keyboard: Logitech G105 Mouse: Logitech G700s Headphones: Logitech G430 

Oohh looks great. i want a nice system now...

I would love to build you one if you lived in Sweden.

Get better soon! 

Right, the PSU will not really be visable.. Now the blue connectors are not that bad anymore.  :rolleyes:

Thanks mate. It seems that it was just a 2 day stomach bug. I am feeling fit for fight now! :) Those connectors will be invisible once everything is installed :D

I rabbit like the boxy ness of the radiator

EDIT: really like. Not rabbit.

I rabbit alot.

Great minds think alike, I see. I have two of those PE series 480mm radiators on their way for my Cross Desk build. What does the build quality feel like? Any weak structural points, or discrepancies in stuff like screw hole spacing etc?

Nothing wrong with the as far as I can see. They feel solid :)

This build... so awesome... I just don't know what to say... the thing is, its only going to get more epic.

Its that fine love between love and hate, i like this so much that I almost hate you for having it...

Though... is it just me or does this badge look a bit slapped on

Upon closer inspection I noticed that there is a protective film on all of the EK logos. With the film on it makes the logo look like poo.

If I'm not mistaken, isn't that the rad that can be taken apart and painted?

It seems like it CJ, the top and bottom plates are screwed on with torx screws...

looks awesome

Cheers man! :D

This shit's 'bout to get heavy :D Sick man !!! Cant wait :P

MUHUAHHAHAHA. Gonna drop the bass soon!

Oooohh. I was watching this from the start and now it's starting to get interesting  :D

I am sorry that it wasn't so interesting in the beginning.. I have learnt from this log, and will not post up 100 concept images before the building starts! I can say that I have already planned the next project, but will start the build log closer to time of modding that project ;) If you are interested, I ask you to check out my FB page: www.facebook.com/metallicacidcustomspcs

Cheers for the great support everyone! Have a good one!

Best regards,

Justin.

I would love to build you one if you lived in Sweden.

Justin.

Unfortunately I live in USA. Fortunately I live 5 min away from frozen CPU so when ever I get the money to do somthing cool I can. (I plan on billding a desk this summer and WC the next)

Edit: just to clarify the desk will have the computer inside

Unfortunately I live in USA. Fortunately I live 5 min away from frozen CPU so when ever I get the money to do somthing cool I can. (I plan on billding a desk this summer and WC the next)

Edit: just to clarify the desk will have the computer inside

Hehe, I thought as much. I love desk builds, and will one day make my own ;)

/MA

Update time!

TJ07sponsorlogo_zpsf3b9021d.jpg

Well hello there! I thought I would share a little how to of how I splice my cables together when creating custom cables. I did not think to do the sleeving side of things though as I did not have enough time to take photos... I have just the time when my daughter is napping during the days to get my work done :P

So here comes a little "How-to" my way ;)

Solderingguide1_zps040dc540.jpg
You will need one of these to begin with. You know what they say - "helping hands with a magnifying glass are better than a sandwich!"... No wait :S

Solderingguide2_zpsa12194a6.jpg
Firstly I lay out my cable. I cut the "parent" cable to size, and recrimp as needed. I then map out the "fetus" cable to length and strip the ends 6mm. I then proceed to remove a 6mm chunk from the "parent" cable where I want the splice to occur. 

Solderingguide3_zpsbbd72d3a.jpg
I then take a knife and split the wires on the parent cable to make a hole. I then split the wire on the fetus cable to make a prong/fork.

Solderingguide4_zpsec397ef6.jpg
I thread one side of the fetus fork through the hole.

Solderingguide5_zps774600f5.jpg
I then twist both sides of the fetus fork in the same direction around the parent cable's loop, forming a strong bond.

Solderingguide6_zps0db20184.jpg
I then "pre tin" the soldering iron with a little bit of tin so that the tip is wet, as I believe this transfers heat better when the tin is already forming onto the wires. I proceed to hold the soldering iron under the twisted wire, with the tin on top. I hold both onto the wires until the entire connection is hot enough, and the tin starts melting though the wires without being in direct contact with the soldering iron's tip. I find that this is best as there is minimal tin on the outside of the wire's as most of hit has melted THROUGH all of the wires, forming a super awesome bond. NOTE: Make sure that the two cables plastic wrap are not touching when doing this technique are not touching, otherwise they will melt together and have to be cut apart.

Solderingguide7_zps9fc600cc.jpg
And then repeat.

As a small text guide on how I did the sleeving... (Bare with me here ;))
I sleeved the shortest cable first so that the sleevings length covered the solder. I then proceeded to sleeve the other 2 wires so that the sleeving meets the shorter wire I sleeved previously. I then put on a piece of heatshrink and warmed it enough so that the sleeving underneath melts and forms a bond to each other. IF the heatshrink melts a little, it's no biggie, just use another and warm it slightly to that it shrinks and covers the ugly.

I hope this helps you in your journey to sleeving, or creating custom cables. This is the result that I was able to achieve: 

Molex1_zps456a1d78.jpg
Molex2_zps30e021b7.jpg
Molex4_zpsb058a0e2.jpg
Molex3_zpsda85edb4.jpg

So thank you once again for reading, and hope to see you in the next update!
Best regards,
Justin "MetallicAcid" Ohlsen

MUHUAHHAHAHA. Gonna drop the bass soon!

Ayo shit son. I'mma hide ma ass cuz dis shit's bout to blow dawg :D (just my ghetto side showing up)

AMD FX-8350 // ASUS Radeon R9 280X Matrix // ASUS M5A97 Pro // Corsair Vengance 8GB 1600MHz // Corsair RM850 PSU //  WD Green 2TB // Corsair H60 // Cooler Master Elite 430 // KBParadise V60 MX Blue // Logitech G602 // Sennheiser HD 598 + Focusrrrrite 2i2 + MXL V67 // Samsung SyncMaster 245BW 1920x1200 // #killedmywife  #afterdark  #makebombs #Twerkit      "it touches my junk"   linus 2014