MetallicAcid's TJ07 (working title)

Nice looking backplates are they special order? 

He ordered them from coldzero.eu :) 

NZXT Phantom windowed, Asus Z77 Sabertooth, Intel 2600K, Noctua NH-D14, EVGA 780 Classified, Crucial Ballistic Tactical, Crucial M4 128GB + Samsung 850 EVO, Corsair RM850, Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Peripherals: Sennheiser HD598, FinalMouse Classic, SteelSeries Qck Heavy, Ducky Shine Zero (MX Brown), AOC G2460PF & Qnix QX2710

Build Log: Phantom - Antique Noctua

I started with this like a month ago... :D

/MA

Short periods of time feel like forever when a build is good :)

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

Nice looking backplates are they special order? 

He ordered them from coldzero.eu :)

10 points to Griffindoor! (I don't even watch Harry Potter)

Short periods of time feel like forever when a build is good :)

It is like a black hole of awesomeness... I get lost in it too!

Just so you guys know, I post non-update worthy quick in-progress shots on my Facebook page, and try to put them together and make these updates. So come and check it out if you already haven't :)

Best regards,

Justin.

http://www.facebook.com/metallicacidcustomspcs

Update time!

TJ07sponsorlogo_zpsf3b9021d.jpg

I tested out some measurements after putting in the the motherboard plate with attached extension. Man this thing is long! My bend was of by a couple of degrees, so I re bent and it fit perfectly!!

So, I will just leave these here..

DSC05479-2_zpsacb728eb.jpg

DSC05477-2_zps30413789.jpg

DSC05476-2_zpsa095f6f5.jpg

DSC05473-2_zpsc303e715.jpg

DSC05472-2_zpsd6441b9d.jpg

Not the best photos as I did not have a tripod with me.. I was at work "working" HAHA. Thanks for reading everyone, stay cool!

Best regards,
Justin "MetallicAcid" Ohlsen

OH MAN...... I allready see this build going crazy. (It helps that you made renders... lots of them!) 

Can't wait for more :]

NZXT Phantom windowed, Asus Z77 Sabertooth, Intel 2600K, Noctua NH-D14, EVGA 780 Classified, Crucial Ballistic Tactical, Crucial M4 128GB + Samsung 850 EVO, Corsair RM850, Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Peripherals: Sennheiser HD598, FinalMouse Classic, SteelSeries Qck Heavy, Ducky Shine Zero (MX Brown), AOC G2460PF & Qnix QX2710

Update time!

Hello again modders and enthusiasts!

Today we are taking a look at the top of the TJ07, where the mesh is usually located. I hoping to improve it's looks and style, while still keeping the look classic. Let's see what I have done!

Here is what it usually looks like:

DSC03197_zps1eadbc39.jpg
DSC03190_zpsf64282b3.jpg

And here is what I did to try improve it:

DSC05480-2_zps6ec8c111.jpg
DSC05481-2_zps817e9464.jpg
DSC05482-2_zpsd740b559.jpg
DSC05485-2_zpsf09e2704.jpg
DSC05486-2_zps4901ee5c.jpg
DSC05487-2_zps0217a778.jpg
DSC05489-2_zpscd7a3484.jpg
DSC05491-2_zpsb5dd9c96.jpg
DSC05492-2_zps0ff98e01.jpg
DSC05493-2_zps7c5e85c8.jpg
DSC05495-2_zps1b786dcc.jpg
DSC05496-2_zps6d830236.jpg
DSC05497-2_zps265b30b3.jpg
DSC05498-2_zpse3774d99.jpg
DSC05499-2_zps6e716e1b.jpg
DSC05501-2_zps0458f359.jpg
DSC05502-2_zpsc9cf0424.jpg
DSC05503-2_zps9cf5be52.jpg
DSC05506-2_zps5d9eea8c.jpg
DSC05507-2_zps30150125.jpg
DSC05508-2_zps9b860f3b.jpg
DSC05509-2_zpsa1f0bcc1.jpg
DSC05510-2_zps57ec4d98.jpg

With this update, I am very happy to say that I am organizing to have some acrylic sheets run through a CNC mill, to bevel down the edges of each window. This will make the acrylic sit flush with the outside, and yet still be fasted underneath the panel. Once I have some more info, I will let you know!

I hope you enjoyed this update :)

Best regards,

New top looks a little nzxt phantomy

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

I like that you're keeping the shape of the bend from the inside consistent with that window.  I'm guessing that's the intention :)

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

Outstanding

Thank you Forsaken!

New top looks a little nzxt phantomy

I thought too that it was NZXT style. But I like it regardless as the slanted line follows the res plate, giving full view of the res and other hardware :)

I like that you're keeping the shape of the bend from the inside consistent with that window.  I'm guessing that's the intention :)

Sure is mate!!

I am super happy with the results! I can't wait to cut the side panel in a few days!

/MA

Between you, Snef and p0pe I just want to throw money to the wind and build a new system.

I think I might rebuild my HTPC, an e8400 Shuttle. Lookout!

You forget Alpenwasser and likely a lot of other people here who make amazing stuff! :]

Between you, Snef and p0pe I just want to throw money to the wind and build a new system.

I think I might rebuild my HTPC, an e8400 Shuttle. Lookout!

Call me the wind then ;) I can do with some extra cash haha!

You forget Alpenwasser and likely a lot of other people here who make amazing stuff! :]

I could name about 20 great builders :P Maybe I am his fav.. (Not)

Damn, looks awesome! Keep up the great work! :]

Cheers Mexican! Can't wait for the next update!

What would you guys think of a unibody design for the front of the case 5.25" bays, like found on a Murderbox MKII?

Best regards,
Justin

I wasn't trying to put anyone out, just these 3 have builds i'm following in progress at the moment, there are countless phenomenal builders on here. :) 

Glad to see your updates MettalicAcid!! Been lurking the thread since the start ;p amazing cuts btw!

An ultimate lurker                My Current Rig

CPU- I5 3570K GPU- AMD HD7950 Motherboard- Asus P8H77-I Ram- 8GB Kingston HyperX CPU Cooler- Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo SSD- Samsung 256GB 850 Pro, 256GB OCZ Agility

Hard Drive- 2TB WD Green Power Supply- Silverstone 450W SFX Case- Bitfenix Prodigy Operating Systems- Windows 7/OSX Mavericks Monitor- HP Pavillion 23BW IPS 

Glad to see your updates MettalicAcid!! Been lurking the thread since the start ;p amazing cuts btw!

Glad to see that you have come out of the shadows mate! Welcome, and thank you!!

I wasn't trying to put anyone out, just these 3 have builds i'm following in progress at the moment, there are countless phenomenal builders on here. :)

Well thank you for considering me as one of the phenomenal d33, that's awesome to hear! :D

/MA

Update time!

Hey modders and enthusiasts!

Just a nice and short update for you tonight. The paint is dry on the GPU shrouds, and I have screwed everything together. I can HIGHLY recommend to anyone that wants to personalize their PC that little more with painting their own GTX770/780/780ti/Titan/TitanBlack shroud! I am very pleased with how they turned out :)

DSC05531-2_zps01dd9f74.jpg

DSC05519-2_zpse9251696.jpg

And one more thing, I have sanded back the LEDs so they no longer shine green, but rather shine the stock white LED instead ;)

What do you think? Hit or miss?

Best regards,

As said! GTX 780 in black and you've got a winner! :) 

Oh wow, gold 780s. Very nice.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Those coolers are just... so sexy  :wub:

144Hz goodness

As said! GTX 780 in black and you've got a winner! :)

I might think about that black text. Seems like a nice idea! :)

Oh wow, gold 780s. Very nice.

Those coolers are just... so sexy  :wub:

Thank you guys!! I can't wait to have them installed!!

/MA

Lurte bare på om du hvet om en nettbutikk i norden som selger ordentlig vannkjørlings utstyr? Hoper du klarer å lese norsk ser du er svensk, skriver så dårlig engelsk skyller på dystleksien ;)

Lurte bare på om du hvet om en nettbutikk i norden som selger ordentlig vannkjørlings utstyr? Hoper du klarer å lese norsk ser du er svensk, skriver så dårlig engelsk skyller på dystleksien ;)

Hey Gluten!!

I am actually Australian,but I live in Sweden. I have only just learnt the swedish language, but I can actually read and understand what you wrote!! I am stoked!

Ok, I am not sure what Norwegian stores there are, but I was able to find the Montanacans.no website where you can order from if you want the same effect! Just make sure that you clearcoat it so they are more durable ;)

I hope you understand my English :P Thanks for reading!

/MA