Apple Stock Soars 22% Over the Summer

EChondo

http://mashable.com/2013/08/21/apple-amazon-google-stock/

Apple's stock is up 22% since July 1 in anticipation of a Sept. 10 product launch.

Statista's chart below compares the performance of Apple, AmazonGoogle and Microsoft stock over the past two months. Apple is the only one of the four major tech companies to see a significant increase this summer. In contrast, Google and Microsoft stock have both decreased. Amazon's stock saw a modest increase of 2% over the same period.

2013_08_21_Apple_Stock.jpg

I am not one to post Apple news, but it's always fun to see stocks and how well a company is doing before a big product reveal, then seeing the stocks after said product reveal ;)

As much as I don't like saying, Apple kicks ass when it comes to selling their products

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

22% in one summer? Holy shit 

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

and after the release of the iphone 5s everbody thinks it's the same shit as last year and the stocks go down again, just like the past few years....

msi z97m gaming - i5 4690k @4.4ghz 1.2V corsair h110 powercolor r9 290x pcs+ - 8GB corsair vengeance dual channel @2133mhz - thermaltake smart power se 730watts - intel 530 series 240GB ssd seagate 1tb 7200rpm - corsiar obsidian 350D - 2x enermax tb silence 140mm - logitech x-530 - sony mdr xb600 - medion 24'' 1080P cm storm quickfire tk white edition with cherry mx red cheap but awesome mouse #GloriousPaintMasterRace

22% in one summer? Holy shit 

Yet they are still down 30% from last years drop. But hey, gotta hand it to them, they have quite dedicated fans.

Cheers,

Linus

XD Microsoft in july. Sorry i had to point that out dafuq did they do?

Xbox One...

<p>Mobo - Asus P9X79 LE ----------- CPU - I7 4930K @ 4.4GHz ------ COOLER - Custom Loop ---------- GPU - R9 290X Crossfire ---------- Ram - 8GB Corsair Vengence Pro @ 1866 --- SSD - Samsung 840 Pro 128GB ------ PSU - Corsair AX 860i ----- Case - Corsair 900D

In finance, you always "Buy the rumour, sell the news". Perfect example of this happening. 

Personal Computer Rig - Asus M5A99X Evo | AMD FX-8120 @ 4.0GHZ | 8GB Corsair Vengeance | 500GB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Geforce GTX 480 | Corsair TX-750W | Zalman Z9 Plus

and would stock rise again when the products are actually launched?

and after the release of the iphone 5s everbody thinks it's the same shit as last year and the stocks go down again, just like the past few years....

And this is why Apple stock is a slightly longer version of a P&D stock. Its never bad to make money off of the bane of your existence!

CPU - FX 8320 @ 4.8 GHz

| MoBo - Sabertooth 990FX | GPU - XFX Radeon HD 7870 GHz Ed. @ 1.075 GHz | CPU Cooler - H100 | RAM - 16 GB Dual Channel Vengeance @ 1600 MHz (didn't care to push these...) | OS - Windows 8 Pro | Storage - OCZ Vertex 3 (120 GB Boot), Samsung 830 Pro 64 GB, WD Black 1 TB, some random 320 GB from a laptop | PSU - CM Silent Hybrid Pro 850W (MDPC Sleeving) | Case - 800D | Monitors - ASUS V238H/ X Star DP2710LED | Mouse - M90 Keyboard - CM Quickfire Rapid w/ custom key caps

"When life gives you lemons, Don't make lemonade, make life take the lemons back!" - Cave Johnson, CEO

and would stock rise again when the products are actually launched?

Depends. Usually, stock prices will drop once it's announced. However when it's available to customers, stock prices have a tendency to fluctuateIf there are reports of the product doing well, it will rise. If not, vice-versa. 

Personal Computer Rig - Asus M5A99X Evo | AMD FX-8120 @ 4.0GHZ | 8GB Corsair Vengeance | 500GB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Geforce GTX 480 | Corsair TX-750W | Zalman Z9 Plus

Wait for the Iphone 5s to come out and "Fail" according to investors and analysts than the stock will go down again.

I believe it won't reach expectations this time around.

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

Wait for the Iphone 5s to come out and "Fail" according to investors and analysts than the stock will go down again.

I believe it won't reach expectations this time around.

that is SO true. I mean, like, what do people expect?

There's been thousands of rumors/news saying it won't be any much different.. it's called iPhone 5"s" for a reason, not iPhone 6..

Were they expecting iPhones with Android and Macs with PC price?

I'm very interested to see how their new hardware will sell when it comes to market. A lot of people I know are surprisingly beginning to ditch their Apple devices in favor of other alternatives. I wonder if this is happening on a larger scale and the sales of a new iPad and iPhone will reflect that.

Either A) people understand Apple's hardware cycle and are holding out for the newer stuff or B ) they've moved on.

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

I think the iPhone 5S might do well. Moving from iPhone 4 to iPhone 4S , it broke sales record in the opening week. Then from iPhone 4S to iPhone 5, it broke record sales again. If history repeats itself, iPhone 5S will break sales records again. So I won't be surprise if iPhone 5S breaks sales records.

Source : http://www.redmondpie.com/iphone-4s-breaks-sales-records-more-than-4-million-units-sold-in-first-three-days/

Source http://techcrunch.com/2012/09/17/as-expected-the-boring-iphone-5-achieves-new-apple-sales-record/

a finger print reader combined with apple payment structure. I'm guessing people think this is going to change the way we pay for things from now on.