Avoiding accidental comment deletion on YT?

Litargirio

So I just spent like 50 minutes writing a comment on Youtube; not because it was especially long, but becuase I had to look up several things while writing and find several quotes, the video is over an hour long, I was kinda bored and I wanted to make a well written comment.

Anyway.

When I was about done writing, I hit the backspace on the keyboard to delete a mistyped character, but somehow the focus wan't set to the comment box. So the browser jumped to a different page, and the whole comment disappeared. And I remember nothing of what I wrote, so I'll spend another while rewriting it now.

But since backspace acts as a previous webpage button while the keyboard is not in use, and the browser isn't smart enough to recognize that you didn't mean to hit it, is there any consistent way of avoiding the loss half written comments accidentally because of it?

Backspace.jpg

i7 4790K || R9 290X + R9 290 || 16GB G.Skill TridentX 1866 || Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5 || Crucial MX100 256GB || WD Caviar Blue 1TB

This is on a per-site basis. Generally most website will save your typing when you press back, but sometimes they don't! 

I believe there's a chrome add on for this specifically though. 

consistent ways:

type comment in a .txt first, then copy paste

OR

you could stop contributing to the cancer that is the comments section. (This probably doesnt apply here, but still)

Different PCPartPickers for different countries:

UK-----Italy----Canada-----Spain-----Germany-----Austrailia-----New Zealand-----'Murica-----France-----India

10 minutes ago, Stardar1 said:

Well, with an i7, GTX 1080, Full tower and flashy lights, it can obviously only be for one thing:

Solitaire. 

So the browser jumped to a different page, and the whole comment disappeared. And I remember nothing of what I wrote, so I'll spend another while rewriting it now.

rip

RIG #14670k @4.4 / 1.25v vcore. @ 4.5 / 1.3v vcore/ 1.95v vccin. MSI GAMING 4G GTX 970 @1540/3700 1.275v BIOS MOD. 16GB Kingston HyperX Savage RAM 2400mhz. MSI GAMING 5 Z97 MOBOFractal Design Define S. Dark Rock Pro 3. 850 EVO 250GB Seasonic M12II 620w
RIG #2: 4790k @ 4.6 / 1.25v vcore. EVGA SC ACX 2.0 980 SLI16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz. Asus MAXIMUS VII Hero Z97. Fractal Design Define R5. NH D15. 850 EVO 250GB AX 860

no, its not possible to save partially written youtube comments

if you really want you can find stuff that disables the "back" button taking you to the previous webpage

but other than that there is nothing you can do, comments only save once you click post

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I believe there's a chrome add on for this specifically though. 

Really? What is it?

i7 4790K || R9 290X + R9 290 || 16GB G.Skill TridentX 1866 || Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5 || Crucial MX100 256GB || WD Caviar Blue 1TB

Step one- don't go into YouTube comments its cancer. 

In all seriousness you could just type it in google docs and just copy and paste

3 tips to have a good time on the LTT forums | 1. When you reply to someone please quote them | 2. Please follow your threads | 3. Follow the C.o.C 

If you follow these 3 tips you should have a blast.

i'm rather proud of this for some reason. http://imgur.com/6ttS5XZ

Step one- don't go into YouTube comments its cancer.

It's actually a smaller youtuber, and they block ppl who just comment for the sake of trolling, so the quality of the comments there is actually kida decent.