AMD Releases 15.11.1 BETA Drivers with Optimizations for Fallout 4 and Starwars Battlefront

Timmahnz

NOTES

• This driver is not intended for use on AMD products running in Apple Boot Camp platforms. Users of these platforms should contact their manufacturer for driver support.
  • When installing the AMD Catalyst™ Driver for Windows®, the user must be logged on as Administrator, or have Administrator rights to complete the installation of the AMD Catalyst Driver.
  • The AMD Catalyst 15.11.1 Beta Software Suite requires Windows 7 Service Pack 1 to be installed.
  • The AMD Catalyst 15.11.1 Beta Software Suite requires Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 to be installed. Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 is included in all AMD Catalyst™ driver packages.
  • AMD Eyefinity technology is designed to give gamers access to high display resolutions. As pixel count grows, the graphics "horsepower" required to drive the displays at a reasonable frame rate can increase dramatically. Depending on the game and system configuration, users may notice texture corruption and reduced frame rates when running games in multi-monitor Eyefinity modes.

Performance Optimizations

Includes quality and performance optimizations for the following titles:

• Star Wars™: Battlefront
      • Fallout 4
      • Assassin's Creed® Syndicate
      • Call of Duty® : Black Ops II

Source + Download links: http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/latest-catalyst-windows-beta.aspx

About to install now, hopefully I see some improvements in Fallout 4 when in cities. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | RAM: G.Skill 32Gb at 3200Mhz | GPU:  GTX 1080ti

Finally!

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

@Enderman

when was fallout4 released?

oh yeah, a week and a few hours ago wasnt it?

there goes your whole "several" weeks to get drivers fixed theory down the drain.

@Enderman

when was fallout4 released?

oh yeah, a week and a few hours ago wasnt it?

there goes your whole "several" weeks to get drivers fixed theory down the drain.

thats still over a week after the release date, which was when nvidia released their drivers

you can see how many thousands of people have been waiting for this driver update just by looking at all the people having issues with AMD on google

in the past they have taken anywhere from a week to a month after game releases to release their drivers

even one week is still too long

maybe you're like a console gamer and just satisfied with "oh its one week late, good enough for me, no need for any improvement."

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

thats still over a week after the release date, which was when nvidia released their drivers

you can see how many thousands of people have been waiting for this driver update just by looking at all the people having issues with AMD on google

in the past they have taken anywhere from a week to a month after game releases to release their drivers

even one week is still too long

maybe you're like a console gamer and just satisfied with "oh its one week late, good enough for me, no need for any improvement."

EVERYONE is having problem with this game. Go visit Nvidia's Reddit page. It' still insane to me how Bethesda is getting a pass on this crap. And quit your grasping at straws. There have been times when Nvidia takes way longer than a week to get working drivers. Not really sure why you think Nvidia would not have drivers on day 1 for a game using their libraries.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

EVERYONE is having problem with this game. Go visit Nvidia's Reddit page. It' still insane to me how Bethesda is getting a pass on this crap. And quit your grasping at straws. There have been times when Nvidia takes way longer than a week to get working drivers. Not really sure why you think Nvidia would not have drivers on day 1 for a game using their libraries.

Yeah, I've seen a lot of people on the /r/fo4 subreddit complaining and they have i7's and 970's/980ti's, one dude even had a Titan X and was having major issues.

Don't really have any FPS problems or issues, but if it'll make it better somehow, why the hell not?

I guess my minimum FPS gets a little low for my tastes (35-ish) when using my scope to look at something in bushes, for some reason. Hopefully this addresses that.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Day-1 drivers would be ideal, but sometimes taking your time to get a better driver update is worth it green or red team doesn't matter. I think they should be more transparent with patches, at least post about it on your twitter page or something.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

Yeah, I've seen a lot of people on the /r/fo4 subreddit complaining and they have i7's and 970's/980ti's, one dude even had a Titan X and was having major issues.

That's true. Every time someone on the steam forum asks about poor performance on their system. I was always expecting an and AMD system. Turns out, many of them are running 980 tis, 780s and pretty beefy nvidia gpus.

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

That's true. Every time someone on the steam forum asks about poor performance on their system. I was always expecting an and system. Turns out, many of them are running 980 tis, 780s and pretty beefy nvidia gpus.

Even more reason to not buy a Bethesda game day 1.  They are full of fucking bugs and other crap.

• "Call of Duty® : Black Ops II"

• "Call of Duty® : Black Ops II"

facepalm... they probably meant BO3

Intel Core i7 7800x @ 5.0 Ghz with 1.305 volts (really good chip), Mesh OC @ 3.3 Ghz, Fractal Design Celsius S36, Asrock X299 Killer SLI/ac, 16 GB Adata XPG Z1 OCed to  3600 Mhz , Aorus  RX 580 XTR 8G, Samsung 950 evo, Win 10 Home - loving it :D

Had a Ryzen before ... but  a bad bios flash killed it :(

MSI GT72S Dominator Pro G - i7 6820HK, 980m SLI, Gsync, 1080p, 16 GB RAM, 2x128 GB SSD + 1TB HDD, Win 10 home

Even more reason to not buy a Bethesda game day 1. They are full of fucking bugs and other crap.

FO3, new vegas and tes games should have already given you more than enough reasons.

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

new vegas

Developed by Obsidian.

FX 6300 @4.8 Ghz - Club 3d R9 280x RoyalQueen @1200 core / 1700 memory - Asus M5A99X Evo R 2.0 - 8 Gb Kingston Hyper X Blu - Seasonic M12II Evo Bronze 620w - 1 Tb WD Blue, 1 Tb Seagate Barracuda - Custom water cooling

That's true. Every time someone on the steam forum asks about poor performance on their system. I was always expecting an and system. Turns out, many of them are running 980 tis, 780s and pretty beefy nvidia gpus.

What I've noticed is a lot of complaints from people with 8GB of RAM. Gives me flashbacks to when Skyrim was bugging out on Playstation 3, which turned out to be a memory issue (the blocker was something absurdly small, like 256MB too little)

I wonder if it's a repeat of that, just amplified due to more modern LOD and the upgraded shadow distance draw in FO4 contra Skyrim.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

@App4that - how long was it? 3 or 4 days? Told you so :P

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

facepalm... they probably meant BO3

And yet they need to fix optimisation black ops 1. Performance is still horrible in that game. Black ops 2 also could use tweaks.

My System:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700X - CPU Cooling: Corsair Hydro H100i Platinum - Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix X570-F - RAM: Neo 16 GB 3600 Mhz - GPU: 2x Sapphire Vapor X R9 290 OC in crossfire - OS SSD: Samsung Nvme SSD 256 GB Second SSD Samsung 840 Pro 512 GB - Games: RAID 0 3 x Seagate 1 TB HDD - Case: NZXT H710i - PSU: Corsair AX860i
Former Rig Picture: http://linustechtips.com/main/gallery/image/10157-4-pc-may-2014/

Developed by Obsidian.

I'm talking in terms of the engine use. Same engine, same bugs. It never changes. Probably not necessary to add new vegas in but why not?

What I've noticed is a lot of complaints from people with 8GB of RAM. Gives me flashbacks to when Skyrim was bugging out on Playstation 3, which turned out to be a memory issue (the blocker was something absurdly small, like 256MB too little)

I wonder if it's a repeat of that, just amplified due to more modern LOD and the upgraded shadow distance draw in FO4 contra Skyrim.

That does seem likely. It may not have shown in benchmarks since they're likely using more than just 8GB or ram. Those users were experiencing frame dips as well. 

Just downloaded it and couldnt load my FO4 save hmmm, ill redownload the game and see what happens.

EDIT: FO4 runned really great on my system just a few dips to 45fps from 60 (ultra settings) in random areas scarcely, before the driver install ill see if it fixed those drops .

//Case: Phanteks 400 TGE //Mobo: Asus x470-F Strix //CPU: R5 2600X //CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i v2 //RAM: G-Skill RGB 3200mhz //HDD: WD Caviar Black 1tb //SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 250Gb //GPU: GTX 1050 Ti //PSU: Seasonic MII EVO m2 520W

The game is running better. Still experiencing drops when viewing Lexington on a high area in the Assembly Plant though.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K @ 4.4GHz CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 GPU: Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X OC Motherboard: Asus Z87-Plus RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3-1600 SSD: Samsung EVO 840 120GB HDD: Western Digital 1TB Blue PSU: Corsair RM1000 Case: NZXT Phantom 630

have you not been on the internet or something?

yes a lot of people are having problems with the game, and some of the biggest problems are for people using AMD cards because they had no release day 1 drivers

look at the release date

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/geforce-358-91-whql-driver-released

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

have you not been on the internet or something?

yes a lot of people are having problems with the game, and some of the biggest problems are for people using AMD cards because they had no release day 1 drivers

look at the release date

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/geforce-358-91-whql-driver-released

Gameworks is broken - Bethesda managed to break it further

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6