"thin" 120 pressure fan

Heesleemer

Working on throwing an h60 on a gpu (750ti just for proof of concept for a future upgrade) in my EVGA hadron Air. 

I have seen the h60 and the corsair fan fit between the HDD cage and the top grill without modification to the case (some trimming may be required on a corner of the fan depending on the motherboard), but it's a pretty tight fit with a 27mm rad with a 25mm fan. I was planning on using my Bitfenix Spectres for this (as they have best price to quiet to performance imo... granted I use Noctuas on my main rig).. With that said I cannot simply put the rear top exhaust mount for the rad and fans as my cpu cooler would be in the way. 

However, I am curious if there are thinner than 25mm pressure optimized fans. I am not asking for the thin 120mm fans as I do not want to use those due to sound. 

It's a pretty tight fit with a 25mm spectre fan and a 26/27mm cougar led fan I had laying around... So I want to see what options are possible, short of cutting the hdd cage out. 

Silverstone FT-05: 8 Broadwell Xeon (6900k soon), Asus X99 A, Asus GTX 1070, 1tb Samsung 850 pro, NH-D15

Resist!

anyone have any experience with the XtraFlo 120 Slim

Silverstone FT-05: 8 Broadwell Xeon (6900k soon), Asus X99 A, Asus GTX 1070, 1tb Samsung 850 pro, NH-D15

Resist!

-SNIP-

There aren't too many good slim 120mm pressure fans out there, some of the best I've seen are the Gelid and Silverstone slim versions.

There aren't too many good slim 120mm pressure fans out there, some of the best I've seen are the Gelid and Silverstone slim versions.

bummer, The stock corsair one seems to fit decently enough. "hopefully" not to much modding needed after the Mobo (time to find a good itx mobo for this). (Hopefully, because i like messing with my stuff)

Resist!

As a general rule I am skeptical of thin SP fans - the physics simply work against them.

One of the simplest ways to evaluate the performance of an SP fan is to look at it's power consumption relative to similar AF fans.  Because moving air against resistance requires work.  And while manufacturers will often gloss their performance stats the one thing they usually do not misrepresent is current draw.

Put the fan on the outside of the case in a pull configuration. Works great. Then you can put on a super fancy fan and really show it off. 

Think of a LTT Limited Edition Noctua on the outside of the case! @LinusTech would be proud!

As a general rule I am skeptical of thin SP fans - the physics simply work against them.

One of the simplest ways to evaluate the performance of an SP fan is to look at it's power consumption relative to similar AF fans.  Because moving air against resistance requires work.  And while manufacturers will often gloss their performance stats the one thing they usually do not misrepresent is current draw.

I am with you, but for the sake of SMALL. 

Thankfully, as long as fan's don't have the rubber anti-vibration things on it, the h60 fits with a standard 25mm fan. 

post-107086-0-57947100-1447884649.jpg

Put the fan on the outside of the case in a pull configuration. Works great. Then you can put on a super fancy fan and really show it off. 

Think of a LTT Limited Edition Noctua on the outside of the case! @LinusTech would be proud!

I could, but doesn't mean I would. 

Resist!