New system wont boot into windows every time

AndrewM56

Just finished building a new computer and installing windows 8, at first I was having trouble installing windows from USB but after BIOS update it finally took. But now it will only boot into windows one every 4 or 5 times I try and start up the computer. It will get to the windows loading screen then it appears to reboot and then just stalls at post and wont even let me enter BIOS. Anyone have any idea what could cause this? 

System Specs:

Asus Maximus 5 Gene

Intel 2600k

Corsair Force 3 120gb

2x storage HD

G Skill 2133 (currently still at 1600 for now)

Asus GTX 680

Antec 750w PSU

Corsair 350d

Custom water loop

All components except for motherboard and case where installed and working in a different system prior to this one.

hmm, have you checked that the ram is seated properly. (as simple as it sounds it happened to me once)

also will it boot up without your 680 installed, faultly graphics cards can cause the problems youve listed.

Its weird if I just reboot it enough it will eventually load windows. I'm going to try just taking out and re-installing ram in a second. And I'm using it right now with the 680 installed and used it in a previous build so can't imagine it being dead.

Its weird if I just reboot it enough it will eventually load windows. I'm going to try just taking out and re-installing ram in a second. And I'm using it right now with the 680 installed and used it in a previous build so can't imagine it being dead.

it can help to try a single dimm installed and swap threw differnet ones to see if it is a ram issue, if it isnt, try removing the 690 and reinserting it a couple of times (to clean the pci e pins.

Both the graphics card and ram where working in a different system yesterday and I was just changing the motherboard and case.

Just noticed he motherboard boot device LED is staying on when it hangs. I wonder if my SSD might be dead?

Both the graphics card and ram where working in a different system yesterday and I was just changing the motherboard and case.

Just noticed he motherboard boot device LED is staying on when it hangs. I wonder if my SSD might be dead?

the hdd indicator led is solid (no blinking), then yeah sounds like a dead ssd

my old compaq laptop did that, and would hang on boot screen, and occasionally boot into windows but BSOD, and that hdd died.

Do you have a waterblock on your 680? It could be that it isn't making contact properly.

It merly sounds as though your boot device is failing. Try cloning your boot drive onto any other drive and stress test that. Maybe you might get somewhere.

Do you have a waterblock on your 680? It could be that it isn't making contact properly.

No it still has stock DCII cooler on it

It merly sounds as though your boot device is failing. Try cloning your boot drive onto any other drive and stress test that. Maybe you might get somewhere.

Stress test my SSD or the drive I clone it onto?

Try using your windows disk or USB thing to repair the boot.

Compatible with Windows 95

Bought a brand new SSD installed windows on it and its still not working, it still freezes most of the time on boot. Getting pretty frustrated with it. Its hard to take components out to try it installed with just the basics because of the water loop and I don't have any other coolers to put on it to just take the loop out for now.

Also re installed ram twice, tried it without GPU installed, still nothing