New Samsung smart flip-phone leaks

Nineshadow

Samsung-SM-W2016-Feature.jpg

Images of Samsung’s upcoming flip phone, which was certified by TENAA last week, have been unearthed. After looking at the images, we can safely claim that the SM-W2016 looks like a clamshell version of the Galaxy S6, thanks to its glass and metal build, and hardware specifications.

We want to mention that the device will not be called the Galaxy Golden 3. It will most probably be released as the SM-W2016, and it features two 3.9-inch Super AMOLED displays, each with a resolution of 1280 x 768 pixels, a numeric (T9) keypad, a 16-megapixel primary camera, and a 5-megapixel secondary camera.

In terms of internal hardware, the SM-W2016 features a 64-bit octa-core Exynos 7420 processor, 3GB RAM, 64GB internal storage, and runs Android 5.1.1 Lollipop. The device weighs 204 grams and has dimensions of 120.4 x 61 x 15.1 mm. It’s a high-end smartphone, and will definitely have an appeal with clamshell lovers who want a Galaxy S6 like premium device.

Samsung-SM-W2016-01.jpg

Samsung-SM-W2016-02.jpg

Samsung-SM-W2016-03.jpg

Samsung-SM-W2016-04.jpg

Samsung-SM-W2016-05.jpg

Samsung-SM-W2016-06.jpg

I'm kinda disappointed that it doesn't look like the one in the renders. That one looked better. Here's the thread I made about it back then.

flip-phone.jpg

Wait...is that another device entirely? The model number sure says so. Heck, I doubt Samsung is making 2 different smart flip-phones.

Official product page of the one in the renders : http://www.samsung.com/cn/consumer/mobile-phones/smart-phone/other/SM-G9198BKACHM

SOURCE

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

well my dad will be finally getting an upgrade then.

price?

I swear they showed this off 2 years ago. =/

CPU: Core i7 4970K | MOBO: Asus Z87 Pro | RAM: 32GBs of G.Skill Ares 1866 | GPU: MSI GAMING X GTX 1070 | STOR: 2 X Crucial BX100 250GB, 2 x WD Blk 1TB (mirror),WD Blk 500GB | CASE: Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced | PSU: EVGA SUPERNOVA G2 750W | COOL: Cooler Master Hyper T4 | DISP: 21" 1080P POS | KB: MS Keyboard | MAU5: Redragon NEMEANLION | MIC: Snowball Blue | OS: Win 8.1 Pro x64, (Working on Arch for dual boot) |

I think Linus needs to take a look at this once it's out.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

I'll be honest, that looks pretty damn slick

Sally: l Intel i5 4690k | | Corsair H55 | | Zalman z12 plus | | Hitachi 2TB HDD | | Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB | | ASRock Fatal1ty z97 Killer | | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | | EVGA SuperNova 750 watt | | MSI 390 | | Windows 10| 

Huh......I'd need one in my hand to be sure about that as a concept, but...that looks pretty ballin'.

DAYTONA

PROCESSOR - AMD RYZEN 7 3700X
MOTHERBOARD - ASUS PRIME X370-PRO
RAM - 32GB (4x8GB) CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX DDR4-2400
CPU COOLING - NOCTUA NH-D14
GRAPHICS CARD - EVGA NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0 w/ BACKPLATE
BOOT and PROGRAMS - CORSAIR MP600 1TB
GAMES and FILES - TOSHIBA 2TB
INTERNAL BACKUP - WESTERN DIGITAL GREEN 4TB
POWER SUPPLY - CORSAIR RM850i
CASE - CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 750D

@Slick Linus needs to review this!

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

Wait WTF a 7420 in that thing. Holy Crap!

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

Serious question though, does a flip phone really need an Octa-Core processor?

I actually really like the idea of this, maybe I should pick one up for my grandpa.

Lmao didnt they stop trying to sell stylish flip phones like 5 years ago?

IMO its dumb

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

I am genuinely interested in this, but I don't think that people that are being targeted with this exactly need a Exynos 7420 etc. I mean this is for people 40+, at least.

And considering how big the screen is when it's closed, I'm happy that it has physical keys. Well that's unless they could've increased the screen and made on screen buttons. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

I fail to understand why would anyone want a flip phone as powerful as this. There are existing ones in the market that do the job just fine, if you wanna argue simplicity...

reminds me of the blackberry pearl flip-phone from many years ago. I haven't seen it in a long time though so that may just be me lol

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Please be a one off, flip and slide phones do not need to be a thing anymore.

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

There's actually a market for these phones. Problem is the implementation. LG tried with their Wine phone and it was a miserable abortion of a happening.

IMO its dumb

Sharp has been making high powered flip phones with Over-the-Air TV Tuners for years. OH YEAH, they've also been waterproof for years and had solar charging built in. North America definitely aren't behind on mobile innovation at all. Nope. Problem is, they're targeted in Korean, Japanese, and other Asian markets mostly. We'll never see them here, because profit margins.

Sharp's new solar-powered mobile phone

By Mark Hiratsuka 20 June, 2009

Forget the wall charger: two hours of solar rays will provide you with enough battery life to fight over the phone with your significant other for 10 whole minutes

post-5860-0-94882600-1447719549.jpg

That solar panel not only generates energy but screams to your friends "Ask me about the solar panel on my phone."

Tokyoites eager to save the planet while yakking on their Japanese mobile phones might want to look into Sharp’s brand-new SH002 handset with a built-in solar panel.

The phone -- available as part of KDDI au's summer collection -- needs just two hours in the sun to generate 10 minutes of talk time or another 140 minutes on standby, making it ideal for folk not tied to their wall sockets. The 002 is also waterproofed and able to survive 30 minutes in one-meter of water, making this the ultimate beach phone for the summer season.

post-5860-0-34632500-1447719569.jpg

Throw in the usual J-tech suspects -- five-megapixel camera, RFID e-cash chip, Bluetooth, pedometer, mobile TV tuner, WiFi and a GPS-assisted golf caddy (yes, course maps are pre-loaded) -- and you’ve got a serious reason to chuck your iPhone in the deep end of the pool.

The SH002 costs around ¥20,000 when coupled with a two-year contract to the au network. But this may be worth it for that feeling of "making a difference."

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

I love flip-phones!

This one looks really nice. :)

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

They're going to give it a name, they're definitely not going to call it by their production term.

The people that wrote this article are pretty off base on that.

Interesting, yet...odd. Though I guess there's a market for it, just like there's a market for phones with screens of almost 7".

well my dad will be finally getting an upgrade then.

price?

I think Linus needs to take a look at this once it's out.

@Slick Linus needs to review this!

Haha, nah. No point. I don't believe these ever get released outside of Korea/China.

IMO its dumb

They apparently sell well enough that this is the third version. So. There's that.

reminds me of the blackberry pearl flip-phone from many years ago. I haven't seen it in a long time though so that may just be me lol

I used to want one of those so bad...

Please be a one off, flip and slide phones do not need to be a thing anymore.

They've already made two other versions, and they sell quite well.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

I still believe, that the days of the old flip phones & stuff like that gonna come back...

Miss the days of my Nokia 6300 [emoji17]

I am genuinely interested in this, but I don't think that people that are being targeted with this exactly need a Exynos 7420 etc. I mean this is for people 40+, at least.

And considering how big the screen is when it's closed, I'm happy that it has physical keys. Well that's unless they could've increased the screen and made on screen buttons. 

No, it's not being targeted for old people. There's a specific market in South Korea, Japan, and China that have young people that want a "flip phone with all the capabilities of a smartphone" I've seen quite alot of people own one in japan around 2013, but I haven't seen alot of them around recently. The usual complain is "battery sucks" or "too big"(for the size, just think 2 iphone 4s stacked on top of each other)

I think these are pretty popular in china, lots of chinese tourists and they seem to carry these (or iphones/galaxys)

I am really interested on this. Finally a flip smart phone.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero