Maximus vi extreme issues

aussietrucker

My new maximus extreme motherboard is driving me crazy. Occasionally (maybe once a week) my motherboard will not post( displaying code 76 or 77) . When this happens I clear the CMOS and it will work fine. Also sometimes it will not start up from sleep. Is this the sign of a faulty board or have I done something wrong. I have not over clocked the CPU or changed any default bios settings.

If you haven't changed any settings then it may be a faulty board. Have you looked up code 76/77 to see what it is?

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

Q code 76 refers to PCH DXE initialization (PCH module specific)

Phone up the place you got it from and ask if it is ok to send it back. If it is, then they will give you an RMA number to send it back to them and then they will have to send you another motherboard. You will then be happy. 

If you don't want to do that, then get yourself a BIOS update. They usually help.

Compatible with Windows 95