Few questions before I buy HyperX Cloud 2's

Knaj

Ok, so I'm probably going to buy the HyperX Cloud 2's.

But I have a few questions before I buy them.

Are there any other better options for headphones out there? (I probably won't use the mic much, as I have my own)

Are they Closed-Back?

Opinions?

Yes they are closed back

The braiding kinks up and you have to cut but otherwise its great

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

They are closed back but if you dont use the mic get these

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826138190

I previously had those. I loved them so much, but they were open backed so I couldn't use them in many places, which is why I'm now looking for closed back ones.

Also on mine the clip was broken so I returned it.

For closed back those are probably the best for that price range, especially for anything marketed as a gaming headset.  However open back are going to usually sound better.  I would choose the SPH9500 unless you needed closed back for some reason.

I currently use the Superlux HD 66B headphones and I can tell you from using the cloud 2's on a daily basis, these have a much better sound quality and they are half the price.

When you get "Headsets" you are sacrificing the audio quality of the speakers and the mic to have both in one package.

CPU: i7-8700K I CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 GPU: ROG Strix 1080 Ti MoBo: ROG Strix Z370-E RAM:  G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB)   PSU: CORSAIR HXi Series HX1000i Case: Corsair Air 540 Display: 24" 1920X1080p 144Hz ASUS - 27" 2560X1440p 144Hz Dell OS: Windows 10 Home 64bit

Yes, they are closed back. They are Takstar Pro 80 with a mic on the side. Same as QPad QH-90. 

Pretty good value actually. 

I know Sennheiser HD280 are also just under 100. I haven't been able to use them myself but I've heard they are good. I touched a pair once but I couldn't listen to anything with them. Didn't like the pads, they were of the creaking sort. 

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50           

Yes, they are closed back. They are Takstar Pro 80 with a mic on the side. Same as QPad QH-90.

Pretty good value actually.

I know Sennheiser HD280 are also just under 100. I haven't been able to use them myself but I've heard they are good. I touched a pair once but I couldn't listen to anything with them. Didn't like the pads, they were of the creaking sort.

I had a 280pro. I liked them quite a bit, but Dat coiled cable was a nuisance for walking around.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)