what setup?

DominicNikon

Personally I will always vote headphones + microphone over a headset if you take microphone quality serious.

However, I do not know how good or bad those headphones are. Can't comment on that

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Personally I will always vote headphones + microphone over a headset if you take microphone quality serious.

However, I do not know how good or bad those headphones are. Can't comment on that

ok

Last time I tried any of the Sony "Extra bass" headphones, my reaction was just "meh". They didn't even have that much bass, it was just a bloated mid-bass mess. 

Logitech G633? HA! No. 

I recommend you look at other headphones in the same price range. At $120 (MSRP on the Sony site) I think you can get Sennheiser HD558 for a good price on Amazon right now, a set of open headphones with a great sound, decent bass, good mids and highs, fairly neutral sounding, wide soundstage, which is great for gaming. They won't isolate any sound though, because they are open. The cheaper option, HD518, sounds almost the same, I'd go for them because better value. If you need to have closed headphones for isolation, and you want bass, V-Moda Crossfade LP goes for a very good price now. All-round a bass headphone. Tons of good bass. As any closed headphone, they don't have a very wide soundstage like the Sennheisers, but they get the job done, at least for me. Another option is the Shure SRH440: neutral sound, good mids with a bump at the lower mids which I like cus distorted guitars sound nice and fat, and as I listen to metal all the time, it's nice. I recommend also getting the HPAEC840 pads, as the stock pads aren't that great, and bass response is better with the 840 pads. Soundstage is about average for a closed headphone, just like the Crossfade LP's. 

The Blue Snowball is nice. I have one myself. You could also look at the Snowball ICE which has a couple less features than the normal one, most prominent one being the lack of a mode switch, and it costs less. Normal Snowball has three modes: normal cardioid, cardioid with -10 dB pad (just less volume afaik), and then a "environment" mode, where the pickup pattern is mostly omni-directional, meaning it picks up equally loud in all directions. The ICe one of course doesn't have this. the ICE one also has a slightly cheaper stand but doesn't make much of a difference. 

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50