why does this happen

babadoctor

okay-meme-sleep.jpg

ever get the feeling of when you go to bed late and you wake up in the morning so easily?

but when you go to bed early its like really damn hard to get up?

y brain do u do dis

no i dont drink coffee

anyone know why this happens?

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

Look up REM cycles, I believe that's why if you sleep for 8 hours and 30 minutes you may wake up and feel great, but if you sleep for 9 hours you wake up and feel horrible (these are not actual numbers, they vary for everyone).

RIP in pepperonis m8s

okay-meme-sleep.jpg

ever get the feeling of when you go to bed late and you wake up in the morning so easily?

y brain do u do dis

no i dont drink coffee

I get that too. I think it's something to do with the fact that if you sleep longer, your body relaxes more. That's just bullshit coming out of me so yeah.

My Gaming Rig;  Motherboard - ASUS Maximus VI Hero | CPU - Intel i5 4670k @4.5Ghz 1.25v | GPU - GIGABYTE GTX 980 @Stock | RAM -  16GB Corsair Vengeance @1866Mhz | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i | Storage #1 - Samsung 840 Basic 250GB SSD | Storage #2 - Sandisk II 480GB SSD | Storage #3 - 2TB 7200rpm 64mb HDDPSU - Corsair HX750 | Case - Fractal Design R4 |

Look up REM cycles, I believe that's why if you sleep for 8 hours and 30 minutes you may wake up and feel great, but if you sleep for 9 hours you wake up and feel horrible (these are not actual numbers, they vary for everyone).

i remember i went to bed at 9:30 and i woke up the morning like i had not slept for 3 days

then i went to bed 1:00 AM and woke up tomorrow like i was still awake

ftw

I get that too. I think it's something to do with the fact that if you sleep longer, your body relaxes more. That's just bullshit coming out of me so yeah.

lol

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

Well a philological theory is that you. Didn't wake up in REM so you woke up in NREM(non-rem) and the dreams you have in NREM are usually depressing. It's because your body didn't know when you were going to wake up because you don't have a sleep scedual.

okay-meme-sleep.jpg

y brain do u do dis

no i dont drink coffee

anyone know why this happens?

They teach about this in the military, it's a kind of a survival reaction that allows your body to run on minimal sleep. You can actually adapt to a cat nap style of sleeping for extended periods of time, but it can result in a reduced ability to concentrate or be effective at certain skill-based tasks. It can also affect your mood, appetite and other normal functions.

They teach about this in the military, it's a kind of a survival reaction that allows your body to run on minimal sleep. You can actually adapt to a cat nap style of sleeping for extended periods of time, but it can result in a reduced ability to concentrate or be effective at certain skill-based tasks. It can also affect your mood, appetite and other normal functions.

Thats cool!

Coincidentally, I just had to write an essay on this.

Lemme drop some hot fire here...

There are 5 stages of sleep, and the last one is REM (the one where you dream, and the one which is important for memory consolidation, and a bunch of important brain functions). You usually repeat the cycle multiple times, depending on how long you sleep. The reason you might feel like shit for sleeping a bit more than normal is due to which cycle you wake up in/ if you naturally wake up, or do it because of an alarm clock.

Not sure exactly which cycle causes you to feel tired, but you should get the general story.

Cpu: Ryzen 2700 @ 4.0Ghz | Motherboard: Hero VI x370 | Gpu: EVGA RTX 2080 | Cooler: Custom Water loop | Ram: 16GB Trident Z 3000MHz

PSU: RM650x + Braided cables | Case:  painted Corsair c70 | Monitor: MSI 1440p 144hz VA | Drives: 500GB 850 Evo (OS)

Laptop: 2014 Razer blade 14" Desktop: http://imgur.com/AQZh2sj , http://imgur.com/ukAXerd

If I'm forced to wake up(by say an alarm), I feel horrible. Today though, my phone died in the middle of the night(alarm clock) and at around the time I wake up, in the middle of sleeping, I thought about the fact that my phone is probably dead and woke up. Because I woke up on my own, I felt great and still feel great.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Well a philological theory is that you. Didn't wake up in REM so you woke up in NREM(non-rem) and the dreams you have in NREM are usually depressing. It's because your body didn't know when you were going to wake up because you don't have a sleep scedual.

Philology? What does the study of ancient languages have to do with dreams and sleep?

One theory as to why that is happening is that you enter into a light version of the fight or flight mechanic.

Basically, when you don't get enough sleep your body will release adrenalin and dopamin into your system to keep you awake and aware.

But at some point your body will crash and require sleep. Take that from someone that stayed awake for 75 hours straight. 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

5-7-9-13 

If i sleep any other amount of hours i feel tired and awful 

Not sure why they are all odd numbers.

Coffee saves me on the days when i feel awful

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

5-7-9-13 

If i sleep any other amount of hours i feel tired and awful 

Not sure why they are all odd numbers.

Coffee saves me on the days when i feel awful

Try 1 or 3 hours.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Philology? What does the study of ancient languages havw to do with dreams and sleep?

One theory as to why that is happening is that you enter into a light version of the fight or flight mechanic.

Basically, when you don't get enough sleep your body will release adrenalin and dopamin into your system to keep you awake and aware.

But at some point your body will crash and require sleep. Take that from someone that stayed awake for 75 hours straight.

I love auto correct just as Much as you do I see. I'm just lazy and didn't fix it. And also all these answers explain why psychology is a light science.

If you want to feel better just take a quick 15 min nap they make you feel better.

Try 1 or 3 hours.

Only gotten 1 hour of sleep per night the last two days. (Worry is keeping me up)

Feel like i could keel over any second now.. 

3 hours is kind of doable if i'm up for just a few hours.

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"