Ebay rant 2 (People don't pay for SH*t)

ANewFace

My first eBay rant was the story of how I got scammed as a seller, and hoe the buyer got his money back and got to keep the item. But I have something else this PISSES me off SO much.

The amount of people who win auctions and never pay for their sh*t is unbelievable. I sell shoes on eBay, and no sh*t I don't think I've ever sold a pair out of 30+ pairs I've sold where I haven't had a bidder win and not pay for the item.  And I have had this happen 4 times on one pair I sold. This is infuriating. You spend a week waiting for an item, then it sells and the buyer doesn't pay, it's BS. What eBay needs to do, is one of two things.

Option 1: (This is the best option IMO) If you place a bid on an item, you are accepting an agreement, that if you win, your paypal account is automatically charged for the winning amount, and you just have to confirm shipping. But the buyer will get the money either way.

Option 2: If you don't pay for an item, and the seller files an unpaid item case, and wins it, the buyer is automatically charged a 10-% re-stock fee, that goes to the seller as time compensation.

But seriously, the amount of people who do this is unbelievable. eBay pro tip, be sure to exclude buyers from Asia, they NEVER pay for items, and most of the time this happens, it's Asians. Ebay REALLY needs to find a solution to this problem, this really hurts seller, and wastes SO much time.

Edit: Not trying to be racist, but 95% of the time the people who do this are from Asia. (Also the guy who scammed me for a pair of shoes was from Asia)

My Rig:  CPU: Core i7 4790K @4.8ghz  Motherboard: Asus Maximus Vii Hero  Ram: 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz (Red)  Cooling: Corsair H105, 2x Corsair SP120 High Preformance Editions, Corsair AF 140 Quiet Edition  PSU: Corsair RM 850  GPU: EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, WD Blue 1TB  Case Corsair 760t (Black)  Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma  Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma  Headset: ATH-M50X Mic: Blue Yeti Blackout

My first eBay rant was the story of how I got scammed as a seller, and hoe the buyer got his money back and got to keep the item. But I have something else this PISSES me off SO much.

The amount of people who win auctions and never pay for their sh*t is unbelievable. I sell shoes on eBay, and no sh*t I don't think I've ever sold a pair out of 30+ pairs I've sold where I haven't had a bidder win and not pay for the item.  And I have had this happen 4 times on one pair I sold. This is infuriating. You spend a week waiting for an item, then it sells and the buyer doesn't pay, it's BS. What eBay needs to do, is one of two things.

Option 1: (This is the best option IMO) If you place a bid on an item, you are accepting an agreement, that if you win, your paypal account is automatically charged for the winning amount, and you just have to confirm shipping. But the buyer will get the money either way.

Option 2: If you don't pay for an item, and the seller files an unpaid item case, and wins it, the buyer is automatically charged a 10-% re-stock fee, that goes to the seller as time compensation.

But seriously, the amount of people who do this is unbelievable. eBay pro tip, be sure to exclude buyers from Asia, they NEVER pay for items, and most of the time this happens, it's Asians. So be sure to exclude Asians. Ebay REALLY needs to find a solution to this problem, this really hurts seller, and wastes SO much time.

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 

My 290x cooler buy (who is in Asia btw) paid before I even knew the listing ended

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

But seriously, the amount of people who do this is unbelievable. eBay pro tip, be sure to exclude buyers from Asia, they NEVER pay for items, and most of the time this happens, it's Asians. So be sure to exclude Asians. Ebay REALLY needs to find a solution to this problem, this really hurts seller, and wastes SO much time.

Erm, might want to either mince, or rethink that paragraentence a little.

TheRedDragon    |i7-5820k (4.2Ghz) || MSI X99S SLI Plus || Crucial 2x8gb 2133hmz DDR4 || MSI GeForce GTX 980Ti 6Gb || Sandisk 128Gb SSD || Seagate Barracuda 3Tb |EVGA 1000W 80+ Pltnm ||  

dossium.net >

Posts that won the internet - Verticle Mice 

a) You set your filter to block bidders with > 2 unpaid item disputes?

B) I really don't care if buyers don't pay.  I have it set to automatically file the unpaid dispute for me.  I just wait for the "ship now" email before I package or print a label.  I'm not so desperate to sell something that I'm raping the F5 key waiting for money to show up.

Workstation:  13700k @ 5.5Ghz || Gigabyte Z790 Ultra || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || TeamGroup DDR5-7800 @ 7000 || Corsair AX1500i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3080Ti Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

Don't ship until they pay? Isn't that how everything works?(because you can do that, if you didn't know). Also isn't generalizing a population a bit wrong?

Don't ship until they pay? Isn't that how everything works?(because you can do that, if you didn't know). Also isn't generalizing a population a bit wrong?

I don't it's just a huge waste of time when people don't pay

My Rig:  CPU: Core i7 4790K @4.8ghz  Motherboard: Asus Maximus Vii Hero  Ram: 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz (Red)  Cooling: Corsair H105, 2x Corsair SP120 High Preformance Editions, Corsair AF 140 Quiet Edition  PSU: Corsair RM 850  GPU: EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, WD Blue 1TB  Case Corsair 760t (Black)  Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma  Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma  Headset: ATH-M50X Mic: Blue Yeti Blackout

That's racist!

It's an unnecessary generalisation, sure, but to be fair, @ANewFace was talking about people's geographic location, not their ethnic origins...

Main Rig "Melanie" (click!) -- AMD Ryzen7 1800X • Gigabyte Aorus X370-Gaming 5 • 3x G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 8GB • Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming • Corsair RM750x • Phanteks Enthoo Pro --

HTPC "Keira" -- AMD Sempron 2650 • MSI AM1I • 2x Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 1866 8GB • ASUS ENGTX 560Ti • Corsair SF450 • Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV Shift --

Laptop "Abbey" -- AMD E-350 • HP 646982-001 • 1x Samsung DDR3 1333 4GB • AMD Radeon HD 6310 • HP MU06 Notebook Battery • HP 635 case --

It's an unnecessary generalisation, sure, but to be fair, @ANewFace was talking about people's geographic location, not their ethnic origins...

Thank you. In fact I'm going to prove my point. The person that has the highest bid on the pair of shoes that I have for sale is in Singapore. And my bid ends tomorrow. I 100% guarantee they won't pay. I will make a new post tomorrow with the results 

I don't it's just a huge waste of time when people don't pay

How exactly?  It takes zero effort to relist an item and ebay can automatically deal with unpaid disputes.

Workstation:  13700k @ 5.5Ghz || Gigabyte Z790 Ultra || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || TeamGroup DDR5-7800 @ 7000 || Corsair AX1500i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3080Ti Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

Wait for 2 days and ebay will allow you to report the buyer. I had this happen to me. Few times as a seller. I would have paid for the item and I needed the collection address and the seller would go quiet on me

EVGA SR-2 / 2x Intel Xeon X5675 4.4Ghz OC / 24GB EEC 1800Mhz OC/ AMD RX570 / Enermax Evoliution 1050W / Main RAID 0: 2x256GB 840EVO SSD / BackUp(1) Raid 5: 3x2TB WD HDD / BackUp(2) 8x2TB / Dell U2412M / Dell U2312HM

How exactly?  It takes zero effort to relist an item and ebay can automatically deal with unpaid disputes.

Because I have to wait another 5-7 days for it to sell again

well option one is in effect

Buying behaviors we don't allow

If you've placed a winning bid or clicked Buy it Now in a listing, you've committed to purchasing that item.
If you don't pay for an item, even if you've changed your mind, you're violating our policy, which may result in account restriction or suspension. Learn more about our unpaid item policy.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

I've sold a few stuff on Ebay, I always exclude every other country except for Canada and the US. Never had a problem with people not paying.
I'm even currently selling my old 5870 right now, hoping to get at least $35 for it.

As for Ebay charging a fee to people who don't pay or automatically charging the winner's bid right away... I'm against that.

I've had to cancel my winning bid before(which I had put DAYS before the auction ended) due to a bad luck happening in real life and thus didn't have the money to pay for the item anymore. But I did also contact the seller right away about it, so he could put it back on sell.

Ebay should just ban recidivist offenders from the site altogether instead, get them off the site, that way they cannot pollute the well even more.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

well option one is in effect

Buying behaviors we don't allow

If you've placed a winning bid or clicked Buy it Now in a listing, you've committed to purchasing that item.
If you don't pay for an item, even if you've changed your mind, you're violating our policy, which may result in account restriction or suspension. Learn more about our unpaid item policy.

↑↑ Same, except mine is closer to the 100's lol

Wait for 2 days and ebay will allow you to report the buyer. I had this happen to me. Few times as a seller. I would have paid for the item and I needed the collection address and the seller would go quiet on me

I've sold 1000's of misc pc parts on eBay and you're just doing something really wrong

i usually only buy from stateside sellers because shipping is less.

Erm, might want to either mince, or rethink that paragraentence a little.

My 290x cooler buy (who is in Asia btw) paid before I even knew the listing ended

Quick update, so I messaged the guy who has the highest bid, who is from Singapore, and asked if he was a serious buyer, and he claims he never bid on the shoes and has no clue what I'm talking about. So I sent him the link of the listing clearly showing he is the highest bidder, and he says it's not him when it is, cause I clicked the name and messaged the guy who was, so he won't cancel his bid, so unless someone else out bids him, I won't be getting a payment. I'm telling you Asian people (not being racist talking geographically) always trying to scam you.

I'm telling you Asian people always trying to scam you.

-.- As a person who is NOT asian, but has lived in asia for a massive portion of my life, you are seriously frusterating. I personally am not offended, but you might want to be careful in the future with creating stereotypes that may be seen as derogatory.

TheRedDragon    |i7-5820k (4.2Ghz) || MSI X99S SLI Plus || Crucial 2x8gb 2133hmz DDR4 || MSI GeForce GTX 980Ti 6Gb || Sandisk 128Gb SSD || Seagate Barracuda 3Tb |EVGA 1000W 80+ Pltnm ||  

dossium.net >

Quick update, so I messaged the guy who has the highest bid, who is from Singapore, and asked if he was a serious buyer, and he claims he never bid on the shoes and has no clue what I'm talking about. So I sent him the link of the listing clearly showing he is the highest bidder, and he says it's not him when it is, cause I clicked the name and messaged the guy who was, so he won't cancel his bid, so unless someone else out bids him, I won't be getting a payment. I'm telling you Asian people (not being racist talking geographically) always trying to scam you.

Can't you block them?

To block buyers whose primary shipping address is in a country you don't ship to:

Go to My eBay.

Click the Account tab, and then click Site Preferences link on the left.

In the Selling Preferences section, scroll to Shipping preferences, and then click the Show link.

Click Exclude shipping locations from your listings.

It's what I did. Blocked every other countries except the US and Canada.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Can't you block them?

Yes, I did

Contact ebay they will remove it

you can also remove bids

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Can't you block them?

I only deal with US buyers.  If some guy in China wants to buy my stuff he's going to have to use a shipping forwarder which I don't care cause he loses all buyer protection doing that.  I've sold several CPUs (including extreme editions) to buyers this way and never had an issue.

I only deal with US buyers.  If some guy in China wants to buy my stuff he's going to have to use a shipping forwarder which I don't care cause he loses all buyer protection doing that.  I've sold several CPUs (including extreme editions) to buyers this way and never had an issue.

For those of us who live/lived in US Territories, it is frusterating when companies/persons assume the same of us as the area they wish to exclude. 

dossium.net >