Maxwell Arriving in Q1 2014

M-ursu

GeForce 800 series “Maxwell” in Q1 2014

NVIDIA will launch next series sooner than expected. NVIDIA will release Maxwell series in early 2014. It is expected that GeForce 800 series will arrive in the first quarter of 2014, somewhere between February and March. What it basically means is that the chances for 20nm process are low. Of course NVIDIA could already have first 20nm samples sooner than that, but TSMC will not be ready for mass production till June 2014.

Maxwell GPUs will not be made in 20nm fabrication process, but if they are expect huge graphics cards shortage and more paper-launches.

post-2255-0-33585600-1377092973.jpg

NVIDIA GeForce Kepler Lineup To Be Expanded in 2H 2013
Videocardz.com have some exclusive details regarding NVIDIA’s plans to expand their GeForce Kepler lineup going in 2H of 2013. For some time it was known that NVIDIA won’t release any new graphics card after the launch of their GeForce GTX 760 graphics card but turns out to be NVIDIA was just preparing for something better.
While there’s limited information regarding what new GeForce Kepler cards would be introduced but this could be NVIDIA’s response to the upcoming Hawaii GPU from AMD. According to Videocardz, the upcoming GeForce Kepler based graphic cards would be based on the GK104, GK106 and GK208 architectures which probably mean more entry to mid-range cards. These are probably going to turn up as the GeForce GTX 750Ti, GTX 750, and the various other boost cards we got to see with the GeForce Kepler 600 series lineup.
But NVIDIA possibly has a well kept secret which they may be aiming to launch after AMD unleashes the Hawaii GPU. The card itself could be the final GPU of the GeForce Kepler lineup and one that ends up as the most fastest of all. A new High-End model based on the GK110 core seems to be in plans by NVIDIA which could be used as a deterrent against AMD’s Hawaii GPU which is supposedly a “Titan Killer”. This new card could be a single chip ultimate GK110 chip featuring the fully enabled 15 SMX GeForce Kepler core and a 12 GB GDDR5 memory as featured on the Quadro K6000 which is currently the worlds fastest professional graphics card. Or it could be a dual graphics solution called “GeForce GTX 790″ based on two weaker GK110 cores but with a handsome amount of power over the GeForce GTX 690. At the end what NVIDIA plans to choose would almost certainly be unveiled in Fall 2013 provided that the report is true.
post-2255-0-22123500-1377449651.png
GeForce GTX 790 or TITAN Ultra in few months?

However this is not all. NVIDIA is also working on a new high-end model. At this point I don’t know if this is the so-called TITAN ULTRA with fully enabled GK110 GPU or, more likely, GeForce GTX 790 with two GK110s. Assuming that the full GK110 processor is somewhat dedicated to the professional segment, and NVIDIA made dual-gpu cards a standard, I think that it is GTX 790. You are probably wondering how much would it cost. I’m more than sure that $1000 range won’t be exceeded. This card is made as a response to AMD Hawaii cards which will arrive in two months. Then NVIDIA will most likely (slightly) lower their prices on GK110 graphics cards.

Nvidia's Maxwell GPU architecture will access system RAM

Nvidia said at its GPU Technology Conference (GTC) today that its upcoming Maxwell GPU architecture will be able to access main memory.

Nvidia's GPUs have traditionally been limited to only being able to access memory on the card, though Kepler can access other GPUs through the firm's GPU Direct technology. However the firm's next generation Maxwell GPU architecture will allow the GPU to access main memory, reminiscent of AMD's unified memory architecture.

Nvidia co-founder and CEO Jen-Hsun Huang said Maxwell, which will replace the present Kepler architecture, will be the firm's first GPU architecture that is able to access main memory.

Although Nvidia's Kepler architecture can address terabytes of memory, the cost and memory density limitations of GDDR have meant that its Tesla boards are limited to 8GB of memory. While the firm's GPU Direct allows Kepler based Tesla boards to access memory on other Kepler boards, its bandwidth is limited by the network connection, which typically tops out at 40Gbit/s, while DDR3-1600 bandwidth is 12.8GB/s - or about 100Gbit/s - and avoids the network latency.

AMD has been pushing the ability of GPUs to address system memory as part of its unified memory addressing technology that will be a key part of its Heterogeneous System Architecture (HSA). The firm is expected to produce its first HSA enabled APU later this year and the technology has been incorporated in the APU that Sony uses for the Playstation 4.

NVIDIA GeForce and Ubisoft Form Alliance For Next Generation AAA Titles
Like AMD who would offer exclusive optimization for EA titles including the blockbuster Battlefield 4, NVIDIA would offer exclusive features, bundles and optimizations for their NVIDIA GeForce graphics card with latest titles from Ubisoft offering more realism and immersive experiences to PC gamers. Features like smooth and fluid animations, soft shadows, HBAO+ (horizon-based ambient occlusion) and advanced DX11 tessellation would be implemented in the upcoming titles from Ubisoft offering the best possible gameplay experience on the PC as a platform.
“PC gaming is stronger than ever and Ubisoft understands that PC gamers demand a truly elite experience — the best resolutions, the smoothest frame rates and the latest gaming breakthroughs,” said Tony Tamasi, senior vice president of Content and Technology at NVIDIA. “We’ve worked closely with Ubisoft’s incredibly talented creative team throughout the development process to incorporate our technologies and deliver the most immersive and visually spectacular game worlds imaginable.” NVIDIA
post-2255-0-92760700-1377180064.png

Because of this, i wont buy 9970, now i am waiting for 880
I think that nvidia is going to release something at 5 November, because that was day when James Clerk Maxwell died.

Source:

http://videocardz.com/45403/nvidia-to-launch-more-cards-this-year-maxwell-in-q1-2014

http://wccftech.com/nvidia-geforce-kepler-lineup-expanded-2h-2013-maxwell-arriving-q1-2014/

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/nvidia-gtx-790-titan-ultra,23988.html

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/2255921/nvidias-maxwell-gpu-architecture-will-access-system-ram

http://fi.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Clerk_Maxwell

Haha, the usual.

AMD Cards are soon to be announced, now Nvidia is saying "More to come soon", usual marketing, most likely not even going to happen at the announced time, they want to keep people from buying AMD's new lineup to wait for the new Nvidia cards.

Don't care, next PC will rock all AMD :D [Waiting for new CPUs rebuild my PC ^^]

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

REPOST!     only joking. this is really good, i might be in the market for a new gpu in march 2014 and im going to have a nice selection between amd and nvidia by the looks of it. i want to see 9990 v 790.

PC Builder, Engineer... BACON    Project Cobalt: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/38058-project-cobalt-copper-piping-laser-etching-and-more/#entry489258

| NZXT Switch 810 | i5-3570k | gigabyte UD-5H | Corsair Vengeance 8gb ram | GTX 670 | 2x 60gb intel 330 series ssd's in raid 0 | 1tb seagate barracuda hdd | Corsair tx750m | XSPC razor GPU and CPU waterblocks | XSPC d5 vario pump | Thermochill Pa140.3 | phoyba 280mm radiator | Chromed Copper tubing |

Volcanic islands better be good or AMD has dug a hole they need to get out of asap. Seems a bit early for maxwell though.

Aw, man. I hate technology. Stop progressing so quicklyyyyyyyyyy. Then again, I'd love to see the benchmarks of Maxwell versus Hawaii. Especially with all its anticipation.

"And yet my mind is screaming, provoked in an icy sweat. It’s pleading and begging for a release, scraping the walls of a padded cell, pounding hopelessly at the floors that won’t even deliver the gift of pain."  - Why I Don't Dream Anymore

This part got me all happy and stuff. :D

A new High-End model based on the GK110 core seems to be in plans by NVIDIA which could be used as a deterrent against AMD’s Hawaii GPU which is supposedly a “Titan Killer”. This new card could be a single chip ultimate GK110 chip featuring the fully enabled 15 SMX GeForce Kepler core and a 12 GB GDDR5 memory as featured on the Quadro K6000 which is currently the worlds fastest professional graphics card. Or it could be a dual graphics solution called “GeForce GTX 790″ based on two weaker GK110 cores but with a handsome amount of power over the GeForce GTX 690. At the end what NVIDIA plans to choose would almost certainly be unveiled in Fall 2013 provided that the report is true.

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

According to semiaccurate, Nvidia will have nothing to compete with against Hawaii until H2 of 2014, that's about 9 months away.

Nvidia in the mean time canceled the minor update that was due out last quarter and surprisingly canceled the first big Maxwell set for next spring. This leaves them with nothing to compete against AMD with for the fall “back to school” market and the winter holiday season. The next minor blip will be in the spring as described in the link above, but that is not competition for AMD, it is Nvidia salvaging the scraps they have left. Dire is barely adequate to describe their competitive situation for 2013 and 1H/2014.

http://semiaccurate.com/2013/08/07/amd-to-launch-hawaii-in-hawaii/

Another sensationalist article which M-Ursa spreads in order to create even more chaos.

1. No new Radeons have been announced as of today, all about them is pure bullshit and speculations.

2. Maxwell is dependant on the foundry and not on Nvidia, won't happen until foundry has 20nm for GPUs ready.

3. I'm not seeing any news from Nvidia about any Kepler GPUs, another speculation.

This whole topic is just theory-crafting. Nothing to see here, move along, just another trolololo from M-Ursa and him alike.

So... If Jesus had the gold, would he buy himself out instead of waiting 3 days for the respawn?

CPU: Phenom II x6 1045t ][ GPU: GeForce 9600GT 512mb DDR3 ][ Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P ][ RAM: 2x4GB Kingston 1333MHz CL9 DDR3 ][ HDD: Western Digital Green 2TB ][ PSU: Chieftec 500AB A ][ Case: No-name without airflow or dust filters Budget saved for an upgrade so far: 2400PLN (600€) - Initial 2800PLN (700€) Upgraded already: CPU

Another sensationalist article which M-Ursa spreads in order to create even more chaos.

1. No new Radeons have been announced as of today, all about them is pure bullshit and speculations.

2. Maxwell is dependant on the foundry and not on Nvidia, won't happen until foundry has 20nm for GPUs ready.

3. I'm not seeing any news from Nvidia about any Kepler GPUs, another speculation.

This whole topic is just theory-crafting. Nothing to see here, move along, just another trolololo from M-Ursa and him alike.

... But everyone loves @M-ursu

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

How is this competition for AMD's Hawaii? they're just saying they will be refreshing their low-end and mid-range offerings.
A new GK110 based GPU will also be no competition to Hawaii, since it has been confirmed the 9970 will cost less than $600 while a new GK110 with all SMX units enabled will definitely cost upwards of $1000.

REPOST!     only joking. this is really good, i might be in the market for a new gpu in march 2014 and im going to have a nice selection between amd and nvidia by the looks of it. i want to see 9990 v 790.

As always the AMD card will be better for less money. 

XYPHER AMD FX8350 @ 4.6Ghz ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 AMD RADEON HD 7970 @ 1140Mhz 16GB Corsair VENGEANCE 1600Mhz OCZ VERTEX 3 240GB SSD Corsair H100i 1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4 CORSAIR K90 MADCATZ RAT 3 iiyama ProLite B2480HS 24"

with waaaaaaaaaaay to much vram to be affordable. not because you need 12 gb anyway

yes, but 10Gb is not enough for 1080p gaming.

That why we nee Quadros for gaming...  LOL :)

Make me the best gaming config ever. Please :D

Make me the best gaming config ever. Please :D

You need 4x 16-core opterions and 4X Quadro 6000;s  :P