Bandwidth Question?

BCreation

My house was recently changed from DSL to Cable. So now I have a cap each month. If I use a mobile device like a phone or something to watch youtube videos, does that use more, less, or the same bandwidth? I want to try to reduce the number of MB/GB I use everyday and I watch a lot of youtube videos.

Well most of the time on the phone you wont be streaming hd videos so that should add up to less bandwidth used, unless your phone is 720p or 1080p.

How much bandwidth do you have ?

Something wrong with your connection ?

Run the damn cable :)

Well most of the time on the phone you wont be streaming hd videos so that should add up to less bandwidth used, unless your phone is 720p or 1080p.

How much bandwidth do you have ?

The cap is 175GB a month. But I'm not the only one in my house. There is 4 other people who also use the internet.

I consider myself a power user for youtube videos considering where I work, it gets kind of slow. I've watched an insane amount of videos on a 2GB cap over 3G and have yet to max that out. Of course, these are not HD mind you. Take for example netflix. A HD movie streamed to your phone would use about 3600 MB for a two hour movie. A SD movie would only use around 500-700 MB for two hours. Keeping that in mind, try to apply it to the amount of youtube videos you watch and in what format. That should give you a good idea.

My daily driver.

• CPU
    Intel i5 6600 K
  • Motherboard
    Asus Maximus VIII Hero
  • RAM
    16 Gig of G.Skill TridentZ Series 3000 Mhz
  • GPU
    EVGA 1070 FTW edition
  • Case
    Fractal Design Define R5
  • Storage
    Samsung 850 Series 250GB for boot + WD 2TB Black
  • PSU
    Corsair RM 750W
  • Cooling
    Corsair H100 V2
  • Keyboard
    Corsair K 70 LUX
  • Mouse
    Corsair Raptor M45
  • PCPartPicker URL

Watch a full HD 10min youtube video and see how much you burned then do some math. I once had 8gb a month cap (fiber connection) would blow half of it on a few nights of youtube.

Something wrong with your connection ?

Run the damn cable :)