FIRST BLOOD - Linus Tech Tips Forum Badges Now Available

LinusTech

I know the badges are assigned manually, and they have been busy at PAX and stuff, just wondering how long it usually takes to assign the badges?  I donated 2 days ago is all.  No hurry, just I feel like there might have been a problem with the username in the PayPal notes now...

I know the badges are assigned manually, and they have been busy at PAX and stuff, just wondering how long it usually takes to assign the badges?  I donated 2 days ago is all.  No hurry, just I feel like there might have been a problem with the username in the PayPal notes now...

PM @Slick  ;)

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

Donation complete, so happy to do this you guys have created such an amazing place. Much better than buying Metro Last Light :P

[edit]

PM @Slick  ;)
Guys dont PM them, they are up to their eyeballs. Remember, well over 11k even if most people donated $25 (which I doubt) thats still over 400 manual changes to profiles. And tbh its probably more like 1000. I'd wait a week and if nothing then PM them, remember all this is added to work load not instead :)
Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly

I finally got my donation in! Thank you guys so much for all the advice you've given me. The LTT team has certainly earned my money :)

Corsair 900D | MSI MPower Max Z87 AC | i7-4790K @ 4.7Ghz | 1080 Ti SLI | 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400 
XSPC Raystorm | EK-FC Nickel GPU block/backplate | 2x Alphacool UT60 480mm & XT45 240mm | 11x Linus Edition NF-F12
Schiit Modi/Magni 2 Uber | 5" KRK Rokit G3 | KRK 10S2 | Acer Predator X34 | Dell S2716DG

Linus and the crew totally deserve my money and i feel like this a great way to give back. BTW whoever got the pink badge is awesome

May the Force be with you.

I still haven't got mine even though I donated in the first week. 

My PC:

Case: NZXT Phantom 420 | Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H-WB WIFI | PSU: Corsair TX650M | CPU: Intel 3570k | CPU Cooler: Corsair H60 with Corsair SP120s in push pull | GPU: AMD 7970 GV-R797OC-3GD | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance 4x4GB | SSD: Samsung 830 256GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

I still haven't got mine even though I donated in the first week. 

Did you put your username in the box when you donated through PayPal?

Did you put your username in the box when you donated through PayPal?

yep 

(this felt like a waste of a post so I decided to add my feelings on make a post with 3 letters. but it was a necessary post.)

My PC:

Case: NZXT Phantom 420 | Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H-WB WIFI | PSU: Corsair TX650M | CPU: Intel 3570k | CPU Cooler: Corsair H60 with Corsair SP120s in push pull | GPU: AMD 7970 GV-R797OC-3GD | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance 4x4GB | SSD: Samsung 830 256GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

yep 

(this felt like a waste of a post so I decided to add my feelings on make a post with 3 letters. but it was a necessary post.)

Have you pm'ed @Slick?

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

I PM'ed Slick and had my badge within half an hour.  Similar situation, I'd donated a couple days before I PM'ed him and he told me it had only gone through to him a few mins before I PM'ed him.  Always a possibility something may have gone wrong, just get in touch and it'll get sorted out.

definately worth it contributing to such an awesome community. every little helps ;)

I PM'ed Slick and had my badge within half an hour.  Similar situation, I'd donated a couple days before I PM'ed him and he told me it had only gone through to him a few mins before I PM'ed him.  Always a possibility something may have gone wrong, just get in touch and it'll get sorted out.

I PMed Slick  a coupe of days ago, no answear, and no bagde  :huh: (and I added my username in paypal)

Network/Homelab build log Main PC: "Aqua Blue"  Server: 15TB+ "Blue Lightning"

3900x, 32GB RAM @3200mhz, RTX 3090, 2.5TB+ SSD Storage, 4x2560x1440 monitors

Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G, +2x Note 9

I PMed Slick  a coupe of days ago, no answear, and no bagde  :huh: (and I added my username in paypal)

Slick was sick (:-) ) on the last WAN-show so maybe he just took the weekend off?

Slick was sick (:-) ) on the last WAN-show so maybe he just took the weekend off?

Yes, now that I think of it I misread this post:

It was postet yeasterday, so I thougth it happened yeasterday :P

Network/Homelab build log Main PC: "Aqua Blue"  Server: 15TB+ "Blue Lightning"

3900x, 32GB RAM @3200mhz, RTX 3090, 2.5TB+ SSD Storage, 4x2560x1440 monitors

Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G, +2x Note 9

Was wondering when I could actually donate to Linus!

Done! :D

Command Center:

Case: Corsair 900D; PSU: Corsair AX1200i; Mobo: ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition; CPU: i7-3970x; CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i; GPU: 2x ASUS DCII GTX780Ti OC; RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (8x8) 2133MHz CL9; Speaker: Logitech Z2300; HDD 1: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB; HDD 2: 2x Samsung 540 EVO 500GB (Raid 0); HDD 3: 2x Seagate Barracuda 3TB (Raid 0); Monitor 1: LG 42" LED TV; Monitor 2: BenQ XL2420TE; Headphones 1: Denon AH-D7000Headphones 2Audio-Technica AD1000PRMHeadphones 3Sennheiser Momentum Over-EarHeadsetSteelseries Siberia Elite; Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RBG; Mouse: Steelseries Rival 300; Other: Macbook Pro 15 Retina (Mid-2014), PlayStation 4, Nexus 7 32GB (2014), iPhone 6 64GB, Samsung Galaxy S6 64GB

How much do I have to donate to get my physX badge ?  Eh really just add me to the team and give me a spot on the message boards that I can mod that only deals with physX and give me a free physX badge.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

LTT deserves the money. Keep it up guys (and hopefully not all guys in the future? LOL)!! 

Intel i7-4770K @4.5GHz | Corsair H80i | Asus Z87-Deluxe | Crucial Ballistix 16GB

EVGA GTX 770 SC w/ ACX Cooler | Fractal Design Define XL R2 | Dell U2713HM

I just donated another $40.01, hopefully I'll see my badge upgraded soon! :3 

Thanks again guise for you hard works.

Oh I found the pink badge! Nice @linusforsell

when is the last day as i am waiting for the money to get into my Paypal before i can sent it out to support you guys 

Aselwyn1

when is the last day as i am waiting for the money to get into my Paypal before i can sent it out to support you guys 

The thread was created on the 21st of August and Linus said the First Blood badges were only available for one month. I'm guessing you only have until the 21st of September which is roughly 5-6 days from now.

just donated :) hope it helps keep this wonderful forum going 

Aselwyn1

Are the badges still available to get today?