Having trouble using Xbox controller and headset at the same time.

Muddy

So i recently bought a wired Xbox controller (legit Microsoft one) and i plugged it in, installed the latest drivers off of the website, makes me reboot and when i get back into windows my headset no longer works. But its just the audio that doesn't work, the microphone still works and once i unplug the controller it instantly starts working again and if i try to plug the controller back in it asks me to re-install drivers, forcing me to reboot and the loop continues.

I guess this headset uses a retarded amount power? its 100% usb and has that little mix amp thing...

if anyone knows a workaround other than having no audio when i wanna use my controller pls halp.

im using a Razer Megalodon headset.

Windows 7 64bit

Specs:

Asus Z87-a (all the latest drivers)

Intel 4670k

8gb Corsair Vengenace Pro

EVGA 780

Corsair 650w psu

Have you checked the audio settings in windows? The 2 USB devices might be tripping it.

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 - 

right click on the little speaker in the task bar, select playback devices, Highlight Your headset. click set to default.

One Steam to rule them all, One Sale to find them, One Sale to bring them all and with their wallets, bind them! - r/pcmasterrace 17/01/2014

Spoiler
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k
  • CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212+ 
  • RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2400Mhz (2x8GB)
  • GPU: Gigabyte G1 R9 390 
  • Mobo: Asus Z170-AR
  • PSU: Antec High Current Gamer 900W 
  • Storage: 240GB intel 520 SSD (OS), Sandisk 128GB SSD(Other OS) 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 
  • Case: Fractal Design R4

right click on the little speaker in the task bar, select playback devices, Highlight Your headset. click set to default.

it is default, even if i disable every other option it doesnt work, the test tones wont even play.

Yeah RMA them.

One Steam to rule them all, One Sale to find them, One Sale to bring them all and with their wallets, bind them! - r/pcmasterrace 17/01/2014

Spoiler
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k
  • CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212+ 
  • RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2400Mhz (2x8GB)
  • GPU: Gigabyte G1 R9 390 
  • Mobo: Asus Z170-AR
  • PSU: Antec High Current Gamer 900W 
  • Storage: 240GB intel 520 SSD (OS), Sandisk 128GB SSD(Other OS) 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 
  • Case: Fractal Design R4