R9 390 Fallout 4 Optimization

Matt_Twinkletoes

I'm saying what everyone else says when I point out that the EXACT SAME THING happens in Battlefront but vice versa - "wait for drivers".

yeah, but battlefront will come out next week...nvidia will have already fixed the shit the driver came out yesterday for it:

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/geforce-358-91-whql-driver-released

in the meantime AMD has done NOTHING...they consider it done and over with...they don,t have money to blow to improve performance in the one of only A VERY FEW game they actualy have sponsored in recent time...nvidia on the other hand will have improved...will it be enough to push the 970 AHEAD of the 390 in battlefront? i DON'T KNOW...

but what i know for sure in the other hand is that syndicate and legacy of the void will likely run much better on nvidia hardware at launch SINCE THE DRIVERS FOR THEM ARE ALREADY OUT! ...and syndicate you know gameworks godrays (FOR MILES!!!!! ...it's ALL ABOUT THE GODRAYS MY BROTHER) PCSS shadows TXAA HBAO+ etc... :P

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

yeah, but battlefront will come out next week...nvidia will have already fixed the shit the driver came out yesterday for it:

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/geforce-358-91-whql-driver-released

in the meantime AMD has done NOTHING...they consider it done and over with...they don,t have money to blow to improve performance in the one of only A VERY FEW game they actualy have sponsored in recent time...nvidia on the other hand will have improved...will it be enough to push the 970 AHEAD of the 390 in battlefront? i DON'T KNOW...

but what i know for sure in the other hand is that syndicate and star craft 2 will run much better on nvidia hardware at launch SINCE THE DRIVERS FOR THEM ARE ALREADY OUT!

Erm - Battlefront drivers for AMD came out 1 month in advance - AMD's drivers will come out in a week after the Nvidia* game is launched. Both have their ups and downs. Fun fact - the Fallout 4 driver doesn't work for me and some other users. Joy.

And my point is we shouldn't have to. At the very least letting us know the problem is being addressed isn't too much to ask. And when game like Witcher still have issues the faith in the driver helping is tough to nurture.

Well - the Fallout 4 driver doesn't work for me - back to May's drivers. #NeverBlindlyTrustABrand

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

the GTX 970 will remain a great card for the next couple years if you stick to 1080p gaming...the 390 is also good.

We can't say for sure if the AMD will be better than nvidia in DX12 since nvidia has not worked on DX12 ready drivers yet...so all we seen so far are cards trown in the ring with no good compatible driver sets for them running early developpement unfinished piece of softwares...if you think this is a good indicator of what is upcoming for DX12 then that's alright, for me personaly i will consider DX12 performance to be sorted out once a few DX12 based games will have come out and nvidia will have a couple DX12 gameready drivers under the belt...THEN i think we will be able to judge how well nvidia cards react in a low  CPU overhead environment. So far they tested two early piece of software with non DX12 ready drivers and said: here AMD react better they gaing a few frames and nvidia is not...which is a bit expected since AMD has been working on mantle drivers for quite some time already and their DX11 drivers are certainly a limitation for the cards right now since they see that performance increase in DX12...now what will happen when nvidia will have a DX12 optimised driver for an actual game to be released under DX12 remain to be seen but IMHO they will also get a nice boost once they start optimising the code for DX12.

Only time will tell..it's a wierd time to buy a new GPU to be honest...AMD might not be here at the same time next year...nvidia could crap out and remain to this level of performance under DX12 too this is also possible...we don't know it's too early to tell.

All i can say is that with the CPU and powersupply that you have in your rig right now, if you don't want to upgrade those i honestly think the 970 will serve you better...well, at least as well since both cards perform very similar in the games you've mentionned.

Nvidia has released drivers for DX12 tests both for fable, two drivers for Ashes.

Which put them equal to AMD, but then again, neither of these games are done. Ashes is aiming to do 50% of its GPU workload as compute... so yeah, bet Nvidia gonna love that.

Erm - Battlefront drivers for AMD came out 1 month in advance - AMD's drivers will come out in a week after the Nvidia* game is launched. Both have their ups and downs. Fun fact - the Fallout 4 driver doesn't work for me and some other users. Joy.

Well - the Fallout 4 driver doesn't work for me - back to May's drivers. #NeverBlindlyTrustABrand

it works FLAWLESSLY shut it up you know it does it work FLAWLESSLY for EVERYONE i play the game MAXED OUT on a GTX 980ti as we speak and i get REALLY good performance across the board with no glitch, no bugs, no crash NO NOTHING...ALSO...i must turn the GODRAYS to ''MEDIUM'' (yeah i know...medium godrays...poor me!) because it's JUST TOO MUCH EYECANDY MY MAN!

HERE, i don't think you've seen this techoftomorrow video i posted earlier so i'll do it again just as a friendly slap in the nuts...this is 1800$ worth of AMD GPU hardware (FuryX ...two of these) running the game on ''AMD ULTRA'' settings (so not even maxed out...)...check at 12:30...27---29---25FPS...WOW...that's A LOT OF DOUGH PER FPS SON!

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

it works FLAWLESSLY shut it up you know it does it work FLAWLESSLY for EVERYONE i play the game MAXED OUT on a GTX 980ti as we speak and i get REALLY good performance across the board with no glitch, no bugs, no crash NO NOTHING...ALSO...i must turn the GODRAYS to ''MEDIUM'' (yeah i know...medium godrays...poor me!) because it's JUST TOO MUCH EYECANDY MY MAN!

HERE, i don't think you've seen this techoftomorrow video i posted earlier so i'll do it again just as a friendly slap in the nuts...this is 1800$ of AMD GPU hardware (FuryX ...two of these) running the game on ''AMD ULTRA'' settings...check at 12:30...27---29---25FPS...WOW...that's A LOT OF DOUGG PER FPS SON!

Then why am I getting driver crashes? WHY? I've been using 355 since the newer ones cannot get me through a 20-min L4D2 game without a crash. No, sorry. I believe I am not alone here as it's definitely working fine with 355 but not with this one. @D2ultima can confirm that mobile users are getting screwed hard by Nvidia.

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

Then why am I getting driver crashes? WHY? I've been using 355 since the newer ones cannot get me through a 20-min L4D2 game without a crash. No, sorry. I believe I am not alone here as it's definitely working fine with 355 but not with this one. @D2ultima can confirm that mobile users are getting screwed hard by Nvidia.

probably your dirty tongue speaking against nvidia to anybody willing to hear you deblaterate on how much they ''cut back'' on GPU compute performance (fun fact: the GTX 980 and 980ti are amongst the fastest cards EVER when accelerating compute task under CUDA...and IF openCL is also supported, two FuryX put togheter are STILL slower than a single 980ti running cuda ;))

probably your dirty tongue speaking against nvidia to anybody willing to hear you deblaterate on how much they ''cut back'' on GPU compute performance (fun fact: the GTX 980 and 980ti are amongst the fastest cards EVER when accelerating compute task under CUDA.)

I am using a 860M. I am having issues. The reason I haven't even posted a thread asking about it is I know I'd get the response you are giving me - accusing me of lying for the sake of lying. I just prefer to use stable drivers that other laptop users have recommended as stable.

I removed my 290 from the case, the Nitro 390 is by itself. Checked all drivers. Kept my ridiculously overkill 10 case fan configuration. Nitro is overclocked to 1100MHz.

Outside Lexington I'm pegged at 60fps, no matter what. The Nitro never goes into the 60s for temperature, stays in the 50's. The second I step into Lexington my fps crash to the low 40s at best. I have screen issues and my controls take a shit. Digital Foundry found the same issue and proved the 970 doesn't suffer from it.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

I am using a 860M. I am having issues. The reason I haven't even posted a thread asking about it is I know I'd get the response you are giving me - accusing me of lying for the sake of lying. I just prefer to use stable drivers that other laptop users have recommended as stable.

i don't know much about laptop GPU's to be honest...maybe that's something to look at...but when it comes to GTX 780/950/960/970/980/980ti i know those are getting good, stable and reliable performance across the board according to the many reviews i've seen so far...and jokerproductions said that 4.9ghz i5-6600K was a bottleneck to even the R9 380 GPU in his performance review for the game...that says a lot...AMD GPU are picky, they NEED driver optimisation to perform well.

I removed my 290 from the case, the Nitro 390 is by itself. Checked all drivers. Kept my ridiculously overkill 10 case fan configuration. Nitro is overclocked to 1100MHz.

Outside Lexington I'm pegged at 60fps, no matter what. The Nitro never goes into the 60s for temperature, stays in the 50's. The second I step into Lexington my fps crash to the low 40s at best. I have screen issues and my controls take a shit. Digital Foundry found the same issue and proved the 970 doesn't suffer from it.

Because Gameworks

i don't know much about laptop GPU's to be honest...maybe that's something to look at...but when it comes to GTX 780/950/960/970/980/980ti i know those are getting good, stable and reliable performance across the board according to the many reviews i've seen so far...and jokerproductions said that 4.9ghz i5-6600K was a bottleneck to even the R9 380 GPU in his performance review for the game...that says a lot...AMD GPU are picky, they NEED driver optimisation to perform well.

4.9GHz Skylake i5 a bottleneck. I'm sorry but you're either drunk, stoned or stupid. I mean, if that were the case, imagine what would happen in a DX12 environment where driver overhead does not exist? A R9 380 would beat a 970 and a R9 390 would beat a 980 with the 390X being neck and neck with a 980 Ti whereas a Fury X being 20% faster than a Titan X. I'm sorry but that's just not how it is according to anyone else.

Because Gameworks

Again, so as a customer I should rationalize why I can't play a game like this? Nvidea have issues with games with a heavy AMD involvement, please show me where that's to the tune of 30fps? If Gameworks means you can't play the game with a Radeon GPU, AMD has already lost.

HERE, i don't think you've seen this techoftomorrow video i posted earlier so i'll do it again just as a friendly slap in the nuts...this is 1800$ worth of AMD GPU hardware (FuryX ...two of these) running the game on ''AMD ULTRA'' settings (so not even maxed out...)...check at 12:30...27---29---25FPS...WOW...that's A LOT OF DOUGH PER FPS SON!

Have you already gotten the GTX 980Ti? Which brand?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

4.9GHz Skylake i5 a bottleneck. I'm sorry but you're either drunk, stoned or stupid. I mean, if that were the case, imagine what would happen in a DX12 environment where driver overhead does not exist? A R9 380 would beat a 970 and a R9 390 would beat a 980 with the 390X being neck and neck with a 980 Ti whereas a Fury X being 20% faster than a Titan X. I'm sorry but that's just not how it is according to anyone else.

why don't you listen to the video instead of again saying i'm DRUNK, STONED OR STUPID (reported again BTW)

Fallout 4 PC Performance Review | 980 Ti, R9 380, 970 Tested - YouTube

Have you already gotten the GTX 980Ti? Which brand?

yes!! it's the 980ti strix from ASUS...it's a huge fucking 10 pound beast and it's loud as fuck if you turn on the fans too far...i don't really like it as a whole, but the performance man oh gosshhh does that thing deliver.!

catched a deal for 800$CAN (yes believe it or not this is a good deal for these up here right now :() so i got this one i was going to get the MSI gaming 6G for 860$ but i figured why not go asus this time the backplate is georgous and the led and stuff it's really nice...but the fans are cheap and loud.

Again, so as a customer I should rationalize why I can't play a game like this? Nvidea have issues with games with a heavy AMD involvement, please show me where that's to the tune of 30fps? If Gameworks means you can't play the game with a Radeon GPU, AMD has already lost.

Nope - that's called being anti-consumer.

However you spin it AMD GE games consistently run better on NV hardware than Gameworks ones on Radeon cards

why don't you listen to the video instead of again saying i'm DRUNK, STONED OR STUPID (reported again BTW)

Fallout 4 PC Performance Review | 980 Ti, R9 380, 970 Tested - YouTube

For what exactly? Quoting a board game's name? Yeah, okay. Whatever. Do as you will. I'm sorry for offending you by making a reference to an LTT video.

Nope - that's called being anti-consumer.

However you spin it AMD GE games consistently run better on NV hardware than Gameworks ones on Radeon cards

All AMD has to do is release drivers, that's it. If they don't have the ability, they should close up shop right now and save everyone some hassle.

This isn't 2-5 fps, this isn't trading blows. The 970 beating the 390 by 30fps in Lexington is a death blow. AMD being quiet on the issue is unforgivable, and telling.

All AMD has to do is release drivers, that's it. If they don't have the ability, they should close up shop right now and save everyone some hassle.

This isn't 2-5 fps, this isn't trading blows. The 970 beating the 390 by 30fps in Lexington is a death blow. AMD being quiet on the issue is unforgivable, and telling.

So if they take more than a day for a driver for a game they didn't have access to they should close their business and let Nvidia form a monopoly? Okay. Whatever you say.

So if they take more than a day for a driver for a game they didn't have access to they should close their business and let Nvidia form a monopoly? Okay. Whatever you say.

We've known about the game since August! Do you think they sit at their work stations at Radeon, waiting for Steam to release the game like we did? :lol:

AMD has known about this game longer than we have, they've had the time to create a driver that at least makes the game playable. If Nvidia had the same issue ion Lexington then it's on Bethesda, they don't it's on AMD. And yes. If you're going to sell a product and not support it, you have no right being in business.

We've known about the game since August! Do you think they sit at their work stations at Radeon, waiting for Steam to release the game like we did? :lol:

AMD has known about this game longer than we have, they've had the time to create a driver that at least makes the game playable. If Nvidia had the same issue ion Lexington then it's on Bethesda, they don't it's on AMD. And yes. If you're going to sell a product and not support it, you have no right being in business.

Must I remind you that Nvidia are the sposnor behind Fallout 4? They get first access to the code. Hence why they can do it. Look at Tomb Raider - Nvidia spent a week or so bitching how AMD were being anticompetitive then they just fixed their shit

Must I remind you that Nvidia are the sposnor behind Fallout 4? They get first access to the code. Hence why they can do it. Look at Tomb Raider - Nvidia spent a week or so bitching how AMD were being anticompetitive then they just fixed their shit

The difference wasn't 30fps between comparable cards, that's my point. A 750ti will give a 390 a run for it's money in Lexington. There is no rational defense for Radeon on this one.

The difference wasn't 30fps between comparable cards, that's my point. A 750ti will give a 390 a run for it's money in Lexington. There is no rational defense for Radeon on this one.

It was more - a 770 couldn't run Tomb Raider + TressFX whereas a 280(non-X) could easily do it.

Quick google search of "Tomb Raider Nvidia problems" results in this.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-03-07-nvidia-apologises-to-tomb-raider-pc-players-plagued-by-geforce-issues

Same search for "fallout 4 AMD problem" Crickets from AMD

https://www.google.com/search?q=fallout+4+AMD+problems&ie=&oe=

Didn't see this thread before, but if it hasn't been said before:

If you own an AMD card and want to play Fallout 4, TURN OFF GODRAYS. You'll see HUGE performance increases.

LTT Unigine SUPERPOSITION scoreboardhttps://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jvq_--P35FbqY8Iv_jn3YZ_7iP1I_hR0_vk7DjKsZgI/edit#gid=0

Intel i7 8700k || ASUS Z370-I ITX || AMD Radeon VII || 16GB 4266mhz DDR4 || Silverstone 800W SFX-L || 512GB 950 PRO M.2 + 3.5TB of storage SSD's

SCHIIT Lyr 3 Multibit || HiFiMAN HE-1000 V2 || MrSpeakers Ether C