R9 390 Fallout 4 Optimization

Matt_Twinkletoes

I have a g3220 isn't that considered a haswell cpu?.....How about without overclocking...How will my 12gb ram with 1x4 and 1x8gb do?

I run on ultra settings and some mods and use 4.465g of RAM, so for quantity you should be fine. I'd look into some overclocking guides for RAM to see some recommended voltages for your CPU.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

I run on ultra settings and some mods and use 4.465g of RAM, so for quantity you should be fine. I'd look into some overclocking guides for RAM to see some recommended voltages for your CPU.

Hopefully getting more ram will help decrease the lag spikes I get when rendering the world....if it doesn't then I guess its my dual core cpu or like we said the game itself

Don't call me a nerd, it makes me look slightly smarter than you

Hopefully getting more ram will help decrease the lag spikes I get when rendering the world....if it doesn't then I guess its my dual core cpu or like we said the game itself

It might be your CPU being a dual core. Apparently Fallout 4 doesn't like those, doesn't even run at all on some.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

It might be your CPU being a dual core. Apparently Fallout 4 doesn't like those, doesn't even run at all on some.

However, the a4 6300 (a dual core and weaker than my cpu) can run it according to the video without lag spikes...however its the combination of an amd apu and gpu may have increased his performance

However, the a4 6300 (a dual core and weaker than my cpu) can run it according to the video without lag spikes...however its the combination of an amd apu and gpu may have increased his performance

Do the A4-6300 and the R7 240 work in dual graphics mode? If they do (I think they do) it improves performance

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

Apparently even AJ, with his 980 SLI, has been having frame drops and issues.

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

Apparently even AJ, with his 980 SLI, has been having frame drops and issues.

I keep sayin, up the speed of the RAM. Haven't had an issue since. I've been modding and been fine.

I keep sayin, up the speed of the RAM. Haven't had an issue since. I've been modding and been fine.

I mean actual bugs - he had some pretty weird ones in the Angry Review :D

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

I mean actual bugs - he had some pretty weird ones in the Angry Review :D

Download the patch off the Nexus, I've been pretty clean since. Though the worst one I had before that was the disappearing PipBoy.

Do the A4-6300 and the R7 240 work in dual graphics mode? If they do (I think they do) it improves performance

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/381800-apu-dual-graphics-question/

i believe it does according to this thread