New build, questions about motherboard and CPU. AMD or Intel?

Well, that's alright. Atlanta is about 10 hours away from me.

AMD has the cheaper 8 core..... I've never seen an intel 8 core...
intels E5 have 8 cores, the E7's has a deca core. also AMD has a 12 core

X79A GD65 (8D), 3820, 7770, 16GB (1600Mhz cas9), 850watt(ocz zx), storm trooper, h100, xonar xense, sp2500, pc350, asus PA248Q LG 22'' ips, razor black-widow ultimate 2013, 120GB intel 520 series 128GB crucial M4 2*3TB barracuda 2*1TB barracuda 2TB Hitachi 

Go intel 1155. Asus p8z77-v 3570k if you don't need hyper threading (3570k is a 3770k without hyper threading enabled. Also do you want to over clock? If so you might actually want to consider a sandy 2500k or i7 2600k (ht) if you are not getting liquid cooling. You can push higher frequencies on SB because of the solder used vs the ivy thermal paste.

[9:01:47 PM] Slick: And the award for life time acheivement in the field of "maker of the least amount of sense" goes to Kilmer.

Go intel 1155. Asus p8z77-v 3570k if you don't need hyper threading (3570k is a 3770k without hyper threading enabled. Also do you want to over clock? If so you might actually want to consider a sandy 2500k or i7 2600k (ht) if you are not getting liquid cooling. You can push higher frequencies on SB because of the solder used vs the ivy thermal paste.

Sorry for the late reply, been busy. I do want hyperthreading. My video recording and compiling software uses multiples threads. I'd like to take advantage of that. Plus, I do multiple tasks at once. I'm not really much of an enthusiast when it comes to gaming. I mean, I do play games and record them, but I don't max out all settings all the time. I don't mind running on normal graphics levels while I record. I'm basically happy playing games at 720p, I don't need full 1080p.