Would this be a good audio solution for gaming?!

I meant it vice versa

Anyways reckon I should just get the g4me one or zero not gonna be dumb and spend $200 on audio realized that them audio technicas and custom one pros plus mod mic is too much

I mean, Hey, if you want to overpay, that's totally fine. You could also get a 558 and mod mic, and that's the same thing for even less money.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

I mean, Hey, if you want to overpay, that's totally fine. You could also get a 558 and mod mic, and that's the same thing for even less money.

I buy used :)

I buy used :)

Well then you could get the setup I mentioned for still less money. What's your point?

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

I meant it vice versa 

Anyways reckon I should just get the g4me one or zero not gonna be dumb and spend $200 on audio realized that them audio technicas and custom one pros plus mod mic is too much

You might be able to find PC360 (open) or PC350 SE (closed) for even less money, and they're the same, just different colors. 

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50           

Well then you could get the setup I mentioned for still less money. What's your point?

Not really

Not really

Both Amazon and ebay have used HD558's for 80 bucks, and modmic is 50 bucks on amazon, and 35 on ebay. 130 or 115.  

a used Sennheiser G4ME ONE is also around 130 bucks. 

And you can use the modmic on several headphones, you won't need to buy a new mic when you need a new set of headphones. and the other way around as well. Get a mic and headphones separate.

Edited by Lauen

Both Amazon and ebay have used HD558's for 80 bucks, and modmic is 50 bucks. 130. 

a used Sennheiser G4ME ONE is also around 130 bucks. 

And at this point, you can use the modmic on several headphones, you won't need to buy a new mic when you need a new set of headphones. and the other way around as well. Get a mic and headphones separate.

Alright then yet in terms of comfort what is better also will the open one have that bass?

Alright then yet in terms of comfort what is better also will the open one have that bass?

comfort? The sennheiser PC360 and G4ME ONE and 518, 558 and 598 are all exactly the same. PC350SE and G4ME ZERO are exactly the same. They're all fantastic in terms of comfort. 

oh and they have alright bass but not as much as the Custom One Pro's. 

Edited by Lauen

comfort? The sennheiser PC360 and G4ME ONE and 518, 558 and 598 are all exactly the same. PC350SE and G4ME ZERO are exactly the same. They're all fantastic in terms of comfort. 

Oh I thought the open would would breathe or some shit like thta

Yes they do breathe, that is correct. but the closed ones are also fantastic. 

Would the closed one have better bass for gunshots and explosions?

Not sure as I have not been able to test the closed Sennheiser headphones / headsets. 

What I do know is that the PC350SE and G4ME ZERO is basically a PXC450 but with wires and a mic on the side. And it has more bass than the HD558, which is the PC360 / G4ME ONE. 

But if you want more bass, there are always other headphones. V-Moda Crossfade LP1 and M100 come to mind, you can get them with mics as well. Beyerdynamic DT770 (no mic options) and Custom One Pro (which you can also get a mic for). Shure SRH440 with 840 pads (or just SRH840's), Sennheiser HD280 Pro are also an option. No mic options for that. These should all be below 200 USD new, as far as I can remember. 

Not sure as I have not been able to test the closed Sennheiser headphones / headsets. 

What I do know is that the PC350SE and G4ME ZERO is basically a PXC450 but with wires and a mic on the side. And it has more bass than the HD558, which is the PC360 / G4ME ONE. 

But if you want more bass, there are always other headphones. V-Moda Crossfade LP1 and M100 come to mind, you can get them with mics as well. Beyerdynamic DT770 (no mic options) and Custom One Pro (which you can also get a mic for). Shure SRH440 with 840 pads (or just SRH840's), Sennheiser HD280 Pro are also an option. No mic options for that. These should all be below 200 USD new, as far as I can remember. 

Which one of these has the best balance if bass and mids I want that explosion feel yet still want to hear footsteps which is why I don't think the v modas are good

Which one of these has the best balance if bass and mids I want that explosion feel yet still want to hear footsteps which is why I don't think the v modas are good

All of them apart from the V-Moda's are great in that regard. the V-Moda's are a liiiiiittle bit too bassy in terms of their sound signature. Here's a graph.

http://graphs.headphone.com/graphCompare.php?graphType=0&graphID[]=4011&graphID[]=533&graphID[]=2861&graphID[]=713&scale=30

You also need good highs for realistic gunshots. The report from a gun has a lot of HF information, not a lot of LF in fact.