Would this be a good audio solution for gaming?!

HEY AUDIOPHILE COMMUNITY! Would this be a good audio setup?

http://www.amazon.com/beyerdynamic-Custom-Headphone-Accessory-microphone/dp/B00PK2LJ4E

http://www.amazon.com/Creative-Performance-Headphone-Integrated-Microphone/dp/B00EZT7RE4

Also would I have to buy a mic or would the mic on the custom one pro be fine? If so which one I don't want to go all out just need something that works as I'm probably not gonna use it to often. Last but not least how much of a difference in terms of immersion would it make compared to HyperX Cloud II, Steelseries Siberia Elite Prism, and Logitch G633? 

ALSO HOW WOULD THE SOUND CARD BENEFIT ME COMPARED TO THE MAXIMUS VIII HERO ON BOARD IS IT WURF?

Get a modmic 4.0 for a mic its great and the setup is great

"God created war so that Americans would learn geography"

Get a modmic 4.0 for a mic its great and the setup is great

Yeah but I'd spend $250 on audio when I can spend $100 so I need cheap mic.

Yeah but I'd spend $250 on audio when I can spend $100 so I need cheap mic.

a modmic 4.0 is 50$

"God created war so that Americans would learn geography"

a modmic 4.0 is 50$

I know headphones Custom one pro plus $160+ Sound blaster Omni $40 + Mod mic $45 

To much for meh

Gaming headset $100 its audio ffs i don't know why peeple take it so serous 

Im running Hyper X Cloud paired with FiiO E10k amp/dac. It amplifies more than my Maximus VII Hero Supreme FX.

Forgive me El Guapo. I know that I, Jefe, do not have your superior intellect and education...

Im running Hyper X Cloud paired with FiiO E10k amp/dac. It amplifies more than my Maximus VII Hero Supreme FX.

Better audio experience or just louder?

Better audio experience or just louder?

Same audio experience and louder I would say.

Forgive me El Guapo. I know that I, Jefe, do not have your superior intellect and education...

More immersive worth $75?

Yes, it's one of the best things I bought for my gaming rig, the FiiO will make a lot of headphones/sets come alive!

Yes, it's one of the best things I bought for my gaming rig, the FiiO will make a lot of headphones/sets come alive!

But you said it was just louder?

But you said it was just louder?

It converts digital audio to analog and amplifies it, what more do you want it to do?

More immersive worth $75?

Either save the $75 or spend the same amount more on the headphones, the amp is not as necessary as you'd think. For gaming, I'd grab something like ad700x/900x and see how it performs with the onboard sound then worry about amping later.

Either save the $75 or spend the same amount more on the headphones, the amp is not as necessary as you'd think. For gaming, I'd grab something like ad700x/900x and see how it performs with the onboard sound then worry about amping later.

K but I want closed so is the custom one pro plus good it don't have surround sound which is why I chose omni.

K but I want closed so is the custom one pro plus good it don't have surround sound which is why I chose omni.

Surround sound on headphones is done entirely on software. If anything, its impossible to have a headphone that has 7.1 (any company who says they have 7.1 headphones are fooling you guys) since the drivers are placed on each ear.

There's the A700X/900X which are the closed-back version.

If you must go closed I love the hyperx cloud 2 and the dongle gives you virtual 7.1. No messing with another card.

Specs: Amd 1700x | NH-u12s | Asus crosshair hero vi | 2x8g Gskill flare x | Zotac 1080 | Samsung 960 EVO | Seasonic ssr-750GD | Thermaltake core x5 |

Its good, but dont get that external sound card thing.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Lose that soundcard thing you got there, your onboard is MORE than adequate for the Custom One Pro's, and get a mod mic or something, and you're golden. 

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50           

Lose that soundcard thing you got there, your onboard is MORE than adequate for the Custom One Pro's, and get a mod mic or something, and you're golden. 

Its good, but dont get that external sound card thing.

How will I get 7.1 then if there is a way then I can replace the soundcard with a modmic also custom one pro vs ath ad900x closed

How will I get 7.1 then if there is a way then I can replace the soundcard with a modmic also custom one pro vs ath ad900x closed

There are programs, as well as games, that have the option to give you virtual surround if you feel like you need it.

Internets Machine: Intel 4690k w/ Be Quiet! Pure Rock 4.7Ghz. MSI Krait z97. 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Ram. MSI GTX 970 SLI 1520mhz. 500GB Samsung EVO 840  & 3TB WD Blue Drive. Rosewill 1000w Modular PSU. Corsair Air 540

My Beats Yo: Desktop:SMSL SA-160 Amp, KEF Q100 w/ Dayton 100w Sub Theater: Micca MB42X-C x3, MB42X x2, COVO-S x2 w/Dayton 120w Sub Headphones:  HIFiMan HE-400i, PSB M4U2, Philips Fidelio X2, Modded Fostex T50RP, ATH-M50, NVX XPT100, Phillips SHP9500, Pioneer SE-A1000, Hyper X Cloud 1&2, CHC Silverado, Superlux 668B

There are programs, as well as games, that have the option to give you virtual surround if you feel like you need it.

K so custom one pro with v moda boom pro vs Sennheiser g4me zero vs Siberia Elite Prism with Fieo e10k or Soundbaster Z? What would you get?

Most games you are not going to want to use the surround option.  The virtual surround options are actually pretty cool for watching movies or TV encoded in 5.1/7.1.  There are many versions of virtual surround technologies; Dolby Headphone, my Yamaha reciever calls it 'Silent Cinema' or something like that, and Creative Labs has their own version.  My favorite so far is actually a software solution, Razer Surround.  They have a free version available, so try that if that's what you are looking for.

The Omni actually comes with a built in mic (technically 2 of them).  They call it a beam forming mic. It changes the pick up pattern to something more directional (I don't really know what I'm talking about here, do your own research).  I do know that the beamforming mic that came with some of the top end Creative Labs was well reviewed.  People were generally happy with the sound quality, and some of them said it was crazy that they could be blasting music from their speakers and the person on the other end of the skype call or whatever would only hear his voice (not sure if that's a software or a mic thing).

Personally I would not recommend the Omni.  I would only recommend something driverless, something marketed towards the audiophile community.  Something from Schiit or FiiO or similar.  However it does have a mic you can use of the headset one sucks.

Personally I would recommend the HyperX Cloud IIs.  Comes with an amp+dac and mic.  Or if you are set on getting the Omni then get that with the Gemini DJ HSR-1000 (Cloud clones).  The Custom One Pro Plus are good if you a portable headset too, something you can use your phone with.  They don't require an amp at all.  However if you want something specific for gaming the AD500x/700x/900x are better options.  I would rather get the Omni (if you're set on getting that), AD700x, and the HSR-1000.  Then you have 2 really well reviewed headphones with distinct sound signatures (one open and one closed giving you flexibility), and amp (which might be needed for the HSRs), and a mic.

Most games you are not going to want to use the surround option.  The virtual surround options are actually pretty cool for watching movies or TV encoded in 5.1/7.1.  There are many versions of virtual surround technologies; Dolby Headphone, my Yamaha reciever calls it 'Silent Cinema' or something like that, and Creative Labs has their own version.  My favorite so far is actually a software solution, Razer Surround.  They have a free version available, so try that if that's what you are looking for.

The Omni actually comes with a built in mic (technically 2 of them).  They call it a beam forming mic. It changes the pick up pattern to something more directional (I don't really know what I'm talking about here, do your own research).  I do know that the beamforming mic that came with some of the top end Creative Labs was well reviewed.  People were generally happy with the sound quality, and some of them said it was crazy that they could be blasting music from their speakers and the person on the other end of the skype call or whatever would only hear his voice (not sure if that's a software or a mic thing).

Personally I would not recommend the Omni.  I would only recommend something driverless, something marketed towards the audiophile community.  Something from Schiit or FiiO or similar.  However it does have a mic you can use of the headset one sucks.

Personally I would recommend the HyperX Cloud IIs.  Comes with an amp+dac and mic.  Or if you are set on getting the Omni then get that with the Gemini DJ HSR-1000 (Cloud clones).  The Custom One Pro Plus are good if you a portable headset too, something you can use your phone with.  They don't require an amp at all.  However if you want something specific for gaming the AD500x/700x/900x are better options.  I would rather get the Omni (if you're set on getting that), AD700x, and the HSR-1000.  Then you have 2 really well reviewed headphones with distinct sound signatures (one open and one closed giving you flexibility), and amp (which might be needed for the HSRs), and a mic.

wait where is da mic coming from?