Walkman is on its way to silicon heaven... need replacement...

Hey there...

A quick backstory...

I accidentally dropped my Walkman NWZ-B137F down a flight of stairs and it seems like it got damaged somehow... it's not completely unusable but I'm experiencing noticeable problems already...

can anyone recommend a worthy replacement under 60USD and preferably with expandable memory and a decent DSP?

Thanks as always...

P.S.

If you can post links to Amazon or lazada.com.ph or their respective product pages on the company websites, that would help... no ebay links please...

I imagine you have one in your pocket literally as im typing this

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: ASUS RTX 2080TI | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

I imagine you have one in your pocket literally as im typing this

If you're suggesting a smartphone, I suggest otherwise...

I refuse to use my smartphone as a music player for security and practical reasons...  

there are too many pickpockets and muggers in my area... and I need the battery life since a day out means 8-16 hours away from home...

They would pay less attention to the man holding a small Walkman or similar device...

Edit:

I'm not wearing clothes with pockets right now...

If you're suggesting a smartphone, I suggest otherwise...

I refuse to use my smartphone as a music player for security and practical reasons...  

there are too many pickpockets and muggers in my area... and I need the battery life since a day out means 8-16 hours away from home...

They would pay less attention to the man holding a small Walkman or similar device...

Edit:

I'm not wearing clothes with pockets right now...

but what about spotify :o

Current Build : 

CASE: Fractal Design R4 w/Window CPU: Intel 4930K,  RAM: 16GB Ripjaws Z 2133Mhz  Cooling: H100i  MotherBoard: Asus P9x79 Pro , PSU: CS750M   Storage: 2x Samsung 840 Pro 256Gb , 1Tb Seagate Barracuda, 500GB WD Black,  Graphics: Gigabyte GTX 780 Windforce 3GB,  Monitors: AOC G2460PG ( G sync monitor), Edge10 24" 1080p , 24" 1680*1020p monitor ( LCD)  Microphone: Blue Yeti  Keyboard: Cougar 700k  Phone: Samsung Note 3  Headphones: Sennheiser HD598

Laptop:

CPU: 
4710MQ  Ram: 8GB 1600MHz Storage:120Gb 840 Evo + 1Tb 5400Rpm HDD  Graphics: GTX 850M 2GB   Screen: 1080p IPS  

but what about spotify :o

Spotify doesn't carry what I listen to and the mobile data here is absolute rubbish...

How's the DSP on this thing? Does it have an EQ?

I'm not sure about DSP since it depends on what chip the model has and there are alot of sansa models.

A lot of people do use a custom software called "RockBox" which gives you a lot of control including EQ.

Relavent video.

https://youtu.be/nFw4LEajziw

How's the DSP on this thing? Does it have an EQ?

Yes, particularly if you put rockbox on it. There are a lot of people that use and love them, and they definitely have expandable storage.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

Going to look for the Sansa locally...

Off brand music players suck in general...

I have an old Creative MuVo TXFM on me but it's suspected in the murder of 4 pairs of earphones...

The Walkman is a horrible value right now... but it was the best that I could get at that form factor...

If the Sansa is well priced, I might grab it after Christmas...

Going to look for the Sansa locally...

Off brand music players suck in general...

I have an old Creative MuVo TXFM on me but it's suspected in the murder of 4 pairs of earphones...

The Walkman is a horrible value right now... but it was the best that I could get at that form factor...

If the Sansa is well priced, I might grab it after Christmas...

I'd hardly call the sansa clip an off-brand player. They're made by SanDisk.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

I don't think he was referring to the sansa clip, just making a statement in general.

I meant the actual off brand ones (like this and this)... I trust SanDisk when it comes to storage devices... I'm just a bit curious with how their audio gear would sound...

Also, I managed to temporarily fix some of the problems on the Walkman... I'll still get a Sansa and use it as backup... the battery on the Walkman is showing wear already...

I don't think he was referring to the sansa clip, just making a statement in general.

I meant the actual off brand ones (like this and this)... I trust SanDisk when it comes to storage devices... I'm just a bit curious with how their audio gear would sound...

Also, I managed to temporarily fix some of the problems on the Walkman... I'll still get a Sansa and use it as backup... the battery on the Walkman is showing wear already...

Ah. [emoji14]

Hey! New SIgnature! 

Spotify doesn't carry what I listen to and the mobile data here is absolute rubbish...

and what is it you listen to?

Current Build : 

CASE: Fractal Design R4 w/Window CPU: Intel 4930K,  RAM: 16GB Ripjaws Z 2133Mhz  Cooling: H100i  MotherBoard: Asus P9x79 Pro , PSU: CS750M   Storage: 2x Samsung 840 Pro 256Gb , 1Tb Seagate Barracuda, 500GB WD Black,  Graphics: Gigabyte GTX 780 Windforce 3GB,  Monitors: AOC G2460PG ( G sync monitor), Edge10 24" 1080p , 24" 1680*1020p monitor ( LCD)  Microphone: Blue Yeti  Keyboard: Cougar 700k  Phone: Samsung Note 3  Headphones: Sennheiser HD598

Laptop:

CPU: 
4710MQ  Ram: 8GB 1600MHz Storage:120Gb 840 Evo + 1Tb 5400Rpm HDD  Graphics: GTX 850M 2GB   Screen: 1080p IPS  

Probably Taylor Swift :)

Hey! New SIgnature! 

A bunch of indie groups that specialize in re-arrangements... i.e.

Probably Taylor Swift :)

F*ck no...

A bunch of indie groups that specialize in re-arrangements... i.e.

F*ck no...

lol, I was just making a reference to the fact that she pulled all of her music off spotify, but not any other streaming service.

If you were wanting to stream your music, soundcloud probably has what you listen to, and if it doesn't you can always use a youtube to mp3 converter and upload it to google play music, since google lets you load something like 20,000 songs to their cloud. (I know you don't want to use mobile data/streaming, but if cell coverage ever gets better where you are, it's a good option.)

Hey! New SIgnature!