The Cheapest Case I could find-

Jacktastic-Mofo

So here is a quick summary of why I got this case before I go into the review of the unit, I needed a case for my girlfriends rig and I didn't want to spend a lot of money so I went on PC Part Picker and organized listings by M-ATX and priced lowest to highest and this was the cheapest-

Case- Xion Performance
Cost- 22.99$ on Amazon with Amazon Prime

Now this isn't the first budget case I've ever worked with, I've worked with a few from Rosewill and those weren't bad but they were all missing one component of what makes a good case, either looks or functionality. This case... is something else, and for only 22.99$ it was the cheapest case I could find so I decided "what the hell, I'll get it!" and here's what I think-

Packaging- 6/10

Packaging is always important especially if you're shipping a system across the country or just bringing it in  your car to your friends house, and case gives you packaging you'd expect with a 23$ price tag, it's cheap hard foam and a protective bag that actually shocked me when i first touched it. As you can also see there was a fracture in the packing material but that was fault of myself carelessly putting the case on it after I had removed it from the box. I actually feel that so long as you're shipping something light weight you'll have no worries putting your system back between the foam and inside the box. Side note, the cardboard of the package is very thick and strong. I can't say I'm surprised with the quality of the packaging but for an extra few dollars I'd gladly pay for higher quality packaging, just peace of mind.

post-168944-0-16379400-1446869286_thumb.

post-168944-0-90014200-1446869288_thumb.

post-168944-0-79458000-1446869291_thumb.

post-168944-0-69781200-1446869294_thumb.

Appearance- 9/10

I'm a sucker for minimalism and if you've seen my wallpapers you'd know that- this case has just enough nothing with a little bit of something going on for it to be visually attractive, it comes with a bright blue LED fan as well as a faux brushed aluminum front panel similar to that of my Corsair 350D however something like this is more preferable as it doesn't attract finger prints what so ever. The side panels are plane and solid and the rear boasts nothing special- the only real eye candy is on the front and I think it looks great. All the metal and plastic in this case match pretty well in tone and surprisingly there isn't much plastic other than the front panel. Also it's tiny, really tine- but cute. I really don't have many things I can say against this case for appearance, maybe a white alternative would be cool.

post-168944-0-98121100-1446869273_thumb.

post-168944-0-07777600-1446869276_thumb.

post-168944-0-67340400-1446869297_thumb.

Functionality- 8/10

So first let me preface the score given above with "I'm judging this case on what it is, not what it isn't" and for a 23$ case I don't think you could ask for much more- to begin the case features the following; a meshed front intake, included 120mm fan, USB 2.0, USB 3.0, Head Phone & Micro Phone ports, pre-installed motherboard standoffs, a sizable motherboard cutout, support for long graphics cards, rubber case feet, both side panels are removable, and support for both 3.5" and 2.5" drives. I haven't built in this case just yet but from initial impressions I can definitely say this case is open and will be easy to work in. Only things I'd like to see for this case would be some cable tie points and the ability to install a 5.25" drive, although I will not be using this feature for some it may be a deal breaker.

post-168944-0-93794400-1446869324_thumb.

post-168944-0-38465700-1446869317_thumb.

Summary & Conclusion-

Wow, just wow. I'm actually impressed with this case- for only 23$ I got what I believe to be the absolute best dirt cheap case, I mean this thing is absolutely awesome and pretty feature packed and for pocket change. Like I'm sure if you went digging through your couch and dresser you could find enough quarters that you could buy this thing, good job Xion or whatever company made this case, because I am thoroughly impressed and you've earned yourself a pretty solid score of 7.6 out of 10.

7.6 out of 10

Sergeant, United States Marine Corps

Network Administrator, Comptia A+, Security+, Cisco Certified Networking Associate

From a G3258 to dual Xeon E5-2670's

The best dirt cheap case is your MB box... ive used a pc on a mb box for over a year before.

That's not a case, that's a open air bench and it's not nearly as safe or as useful as a actual case.

Network Administrator, Comptia A+, Security+, Cisco Certified Networking Associate

What's your opinion on DIYpc Cases?

Haven't used any but if you like I'll try and pick one up next week.

Haven't used any but if you like I'll try and pick one up next week.

Yeah, they look pretty cool, but im just wondering where they save all that money.

22USD for a case is still on the more expensive imo...

But nice find and good review on the case... will you be building in it??

Nice review, I'm retarded though. I saw the first couple of pictures and thought they had sent you a empty box....

Same here.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Yeah, they look pretty cool, but im just wondering where they save all that money.

At the moment I can't find any real short comings.

22USD for a case is still on the more expensive imo...

But nice find and good review on the case... will you be building in it??

I'm going to be building in it on Sunday :)

At the moment I can't find any real short comings.

I'm going to be building in it on Sunday :)

Let us know how you get on! It should be interesting. :)

Incipere V5.0

Spoiler

CPU | i7-4790k | GPU | Nvidia GTX Titan X | Motherboard | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | Memory | 2x8GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 1866MHz | PSU | EVGA 650 G2 | Storage | Crucial BX200 240GB + Toshiba 3TB | Case | Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 | CPU Cooler | Noctua NH-D15

Parvulus V1.0

Spoiler

CPU | i5-4690k | GPU | Zotac GTX 960 | Motherboard | ASRock Z97M-ITX/ac | Memory | 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3 1600MHz | PSU | EVGA 650 GS | Storage | Crucial BX200 240GB + WD 1TB Blue 2.5" | Case | Silverstone Sugo SG13

If you want to join a group chat of like-minded techies, gaming, and all things dank, join our Discord group. Message me or get into contact with Galaxy. http://linustechtips.com/main/user/107351-gaiaxy/

TFW a $23 case is higher quality than your $60 case

Also love how the packaging just says CoMpUtEr CaSe

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Let us know how you get on! It should be interesting. :)

I'm going to be doing a build log video with my girlfriend so you'll get to see us build the pc.

TFW a $23 case is higher quality than your $60 case

Also love how the packaging just says CoMpUtEr CaSe

Yeah lol, when I opened the larger box it came in I was pretty surprised by the absolute lack of branding.

Does it have hidden optical bays that I can't see? You can get attachments to hold 5 1/4 hdd's in those

Shipping sucks

Well, I wouldn´t call 22 dollars pocket change, because I´m a med-school student...But it´s very nice case for the money.

ive seen someone build a PC on a wooden desk, with  the parts literally just lying around spread out and used it like that for over a year lol

sometimes youll do anything just to get that slightly better GPU xD

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1