Wacom announces new Cintiq Tablet

MzCatieB

Wacom announces there First ever Tablet based Graphics tablet,

Based on the Wacom Cintiq series it has been designed for the on the go graphics artst.

Named the Wacom Companion /Hybrid, it can be used as both a Tablet computer and similarly to a Cintiq.

More here: http://cintiqcompanion.wacom.com/en/

sidebyside-hybrid.jpg

Companion (Windows):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJMEMGV6RGM

Companion hybrid (Android) 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uw7kDOQ4k2o

not exactly a massive price point either:

Android version: (Companion hybrid)

$1600 for the 32gb model = http://store.wacom.com/us/en/product/DTHA1300H

$1500 for the 16gb model

Windows version: (Companion)

$2500 for 512gb model = http://store.wacom.com/us/en/product/DTHW1300H?

$2000 for 256gb model

Schedualed release in the UK is said to be mid/late october 2013 with the following prices:

Android (Companion Hybrid) http://uk.shop.wacom.eu/products/cintiq/cintiq-companion-hybrid/cintiq-companion-hybrid/566?c=70177

16gb model = £1200

32gb model = £1300

Windows (Companion) http://uk.shop.wacom.eu/products/cintiq/cintiq-companion/cintiq-companion/567?c=70177

256gb model = £1650

512gb model = £2000

all i can say is... "Shut up and take my money"

Character artist in the Games industry.

I don't really care about tablets that aren't nexus 7 or iPad.

You take that back ;)

I don't have any use for a tablet whatsoever, but I want one.

Same thing.. it sounds so cool.

I am a happy wuffy

I saw this online a couple of days ago. Was it really just announced today?

Anyways. This is soooo cool. It's still a bit expensive but no where close to the full sized one.

I don't really care about tablets that aren't nexus 7 or iPad.

These have a completely different use case.

Going to be hella expensive...

Feel free to message me if you want to chat!

These have a completely different use case.

But its called a tablet. Most people think of a tablet as a Nexus 7 or iPad not a tablet for drawing on.

But its called a tablet. Most people think of a tablet as a Nexus 7 or iPad not a tablet for drawing on.

wacom builds tablets/those pad thingys that are designed exclusively for that

don't the galaxy note series also have a digitizer?

~non cogito, ergo non sum?~

But its made by wacom. It's in a different price bracket and comes with a stylus. Im sure that the techonology behind the touch control is much different as well.

don't the galaxy note series also have a digitizer?

Yes. But it is sure to be nowhere as acurate as this and will have not nearly as many points pressure levels and tilt.

Looks pretty sexy. Obviously not suited for the beginner (Bamboo or Intuos are cheaper), but great for professional usage. The smaller form factor over the original Cintiq is nice too.

Wacom designs "Graphics" tablets, most of which don't actually have a screen (except for the Cintiq line); they're designed specifically for digital painting (including 3D stuff like Zbrush). Some of the high end ones come with 1024/2048 levels of pressure sensitivity, something which no laptop or tablet (iPad, Galaxy Note, convertible tablets) will come close to providing.

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

Looks pretty sexy. Obviously not suited for the beginner (Bamboo or Intuos are cheaper), but great for professional usage. The smaller form factor over the original Cintiq is nice too.

Bamboo is beginner, Intuos is hella expensive compared to them but is nice surface to work on so id say its intermediet, Cintiqs other than the 22 are AMAZING to work on

Bamboo is beginner, Intuos is hella expensive compared to them but is nice surface to work on so id say its intermediet, Cintiqs other than the 22 are AMAZING to work on

Intuos 5 medium (good size to start) is $350. Less than double the price of the best Bamboo. It's a good investment for someone who intends to make a living out of it, but isn't wealthy enough for the Cintiq.

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

Intuos 5 medium (good size to start) is $350. Less than double the price of the best Bamboo. It's a good investment for someone who intends to make a living out of it, but isn't wealthy enough for the Cintiq.

im working to the the Cintiq 24HD touch, but i want to get the Companion hybrid for on the go.... nice $5k to spend lol

Well this kind of tablet existed way before the consumer electronics tablets such as the ones you referred to so it makes more sense to assume the opposite :p, therefore all the ones you mentioned are terrible :p. Seriously though, nobody who isn't intentionally looking to buy a professional tablet should even consider these, they're really not intended for media consumption but productivity.

linus needs to review these, i wonna know if there worth getting

linus needs to review these, i wonna know if there worth getting

The screen and pressure sensitivity is probably very similar to the normal 13.3" Cintiq HD, but it would certainly be interesting to see how well it handles e.g. Photoshop.

Cheers,

Linus

The screen and pressure sensitivity is probably very similar to the normal 13.3" Cintiq HD, but it would certainly be interesting to see how well it handles e.g. Photoshop.

yh, i want to see what the android version is using instead of photoshop

yh, i want to see what the android version is using instead of photoshop

There's a version of Sketchbook pro available for both Android and iOS, iirc. Sketchbook is usually a bundled software with the other Wacom tablets.