Jim Keller was not particularly fond of K12

TechGod

Source

This was a good idea. AMD needs to win the hardware enthusasists which would certainly help their financial situation (especially if AMD APUs pop up in stuff like steam boxes). The server market clearly allows for a lot of profit to be generated but again, focusing on the dekstop is probably far more important. 

Legendary, now ex AMD chief engineer Jim Keller was not a fan of the ARM-based K12 and sidelined it in favour of Zen development.

Fudzilla sources close to the matter have said that Keller made some changes in the design priorities. The K12 is an ARM-based product aimed for the server environment,  At the end of 2015 no one has made any impact in the server market with an ARM based product.

Good on him, AMD really needs to be focusing on their high performance core to get some love back from consumers and start competing again. If that means K12 was sidelined a bit then I think it was necessary.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

Has he still not said anything about working for Intel or is that info still under NDA?

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Has he still not said anything about working for Intel or is that info still under NDA?

no, there was some reports of Samsung trying to get him recently though

Who said anything about Intel? He has most likely gone over to Samsung to help their engineers.

One guess who... starts with p......