Singleplayer games with an amazing atmosphere?

ManOfDisguise

Bioshock Infinite is something I will still consider. Fallout looks like a definite buy for me, even though the map isn't all that big but that's more than alright for me. Witcher 3 seems like a game I could get lost in for days but atm I wana focus only either on Fallout OR Witcher 3 and I'm leaning towards Fallout but I will see

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

Oh yeah, and for survival-horror (the jumpscares are much better than any crap mainstream horror game) get The Forest.

im sick survival games im completely staying away from that genre

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

Mass Effects Atmosphere is incredible.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

L.A. Noire is locked at 30fps. So, it's a no-go for me. Too bad. Hear the story is really good. 

I just replayed it a few months ago, its 20000% worth it, 30 lock or not, one of my favourite games of all time

I know 30fps lock sucks, but some sacrifices are worth making

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Bioshock Infinite is something I will still consider. Fallout looks like a definite buy for me, even though the map isn't all that big but that's more than alright for me. Witcher 3 seems like a game I could get lost in for days but atm I wana focus only either on Fallout OR Witcher 3 and I'm leaning towards Fallout but I will see

you get lost in both games easily ;)

Spoiler

CPU i7 4790K 4,7Ghz Cooling:Corsair H100iGTX+Noctua NF-F12PWM GPU: EVGA 1080ti SC+ ACX2.0+ RAM:16GB DDR3 1866mhz Crucial Balistics Tactical Tracer Mobo:ASUS Z97-AR PSU:EVGA 750W G2 Supernova Case:Fractal Meshify C Storage:500GB Samsung 850 evo, 900GB Toshiba Game Storage SSD, 2TB Data HDD

i7 4790k Devils Canyon OC @4,6Ghz,Cooler Corsair h100i GTX, GPU EVGA 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0+ @ stoc

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/278610-display-technology-faqmythbuster/

im sick survival games im completely staying away from that genre

Although I do agree the genre has been plagued by too many releases, that's really a shame. Another good survival game is subnautica, cool because it's completely underwater.

As for others though, then you might want No Man's Sky when it comes out. It's more of an exploration game though, so that might not appeal to you. Also in a weird way, I like the atmosphere of the old SimCity games (Don't buy any of the ones made after EA bought SimCity though) just because it's unique

I am conducting some polls regarding your opinion of large technology companies. I would appreciate your response. 

Microsoft Apple Valve Google Facebook Oculus HTC AMD Intel Nvidia

I'm using this data to judge this site's biases so people can post in a more objective way.

you get lost in both games easily ;)

haha yea but playing both would be too much for me :P i will wait a bit and see the reviews of fallout. i really wana see the areas you can explore how detailed most interiors are, etc. because if the witcher has a better world i could get that instead

Specs of my PC:

Although I do agree the genre has been plagued by too many releases, that's really a shame. Another good survival game is subnautica, cool because it's completely underwater.

As for others though, then you might want No Man's Sky when it comes out. It's more of an exploration game though, so that might not appeal to you. Also in a weird way, I like the atmosphere of the old SimCity games (Don't buy any of the ones made after EA bought SimCity though) just because it's unique

yea i saw subnautica and that looks really nice with its atmosphere but after playing rust and the horrible dayz i've had more than enough from these early access survival games. No man's sky is a game im pretty hyped for. that universe is huge, probably bigger than any other map in any other game

Specs of my PC:

Sunless Sea and Vanishing of Ethan Carter, if you are into those sort of things (a little lovecraftian style)

Sunless Sea and Vanishing of Ethan Carter, if you are into those sort of things (a little lovecraftian style)

Is there an actual story to Ethan Carter? I downloaded it just look at the pretty scenery. Then never played it again. Lol

Is there an actual story to Ethan Carter? I downloaded it just look at the pretty scenery. Then never played it again. Lol

There is a story.. not much, or a deep phylosophical story, but it was enough for me. And the scenery is really pretty, yes.

Also my opinion might not be relevant about it, becouse I liked Dear Esther too...

saints row 4

minecraft story mode ep 1 and 2

Rigs I've Built

The Striker i5 4590 @ 3.7 ||  MSI GTX 980 Armor X2 || Corsair RMX 750 || Team Elite Plus 8 GB || Define S || MSI Z97S SLI Krait

The Office PC i3 4160 @ 3.6 || Intel 4600 || EVGA 500B || G.Skill 8 GB || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M Pro4

The Friend PC G3258 @ 4.3 || Sapphire R9 280X Tri-X || EVGA 600B || 8 GB Dell Ram || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M- iTX/ac

The Mom Gaming PC A10-7890K @ 4.4 || iGPU + ASUS R7 250 ||  8 GB Klevv DDR3-2800 Mhz

I really hope you are joking. 

no. the games i mentioned, in my opinion, are pretty fun and i loved their stories and campaigns

Rigs I've Built

The Striker i5 4590 @ 3.7 ||  MSI GTX 980 Armor X2 || Corsair RMX 750 || Team Elite Plus 8 GB || Define S || MSI Z97S SLI Krait

The Office PC i3 4160 @ 3.6 || Intel 4600 || EVGA 500B || G.Skill 8 GB || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M Pro4

The Friend PC G3258 @ 4.3 || Sapphire R9 280X Tri-X || EVGA 600B || 8 GB Dell Ram || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M- iTX/ac

The Mom Gaming PC A10-7890K @ 4.4 || iGPU + ASUS R7 250 ||  8 GB Klevv DDR3-2800 Mhz

Alan Wake (just ignore the poor quality cut scenes, in-game is great)

Witcher 3

Skyrim

Ori and the Blind Forest

Vanishing of Ethan Carter

The Forest

CPU i5-4690K(OC to 4.4Ghz) CPU Cooler NZXT Kraken x41 Motherboard MSI Z97 Gaming 5 Memory G.Skillz Ripjaws X 16gb 2133 Video Card MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X           Case NZXT H440 Power Supply XFX XTR 750W Modular Storage Samsung 840 EVO 250gb/Seagate Barracuda 2TB Monitor Acer XB270HU G-Sync http://pcpartpicker.com/b/3CkTwP

Atmosphere is a fairly vague term, but I interpret it to describe my experiences with Alien: Isolation and Metro Redux. They're two of the most immersive games I have played in my life. Especially when the latter is played in Ranger Hardcore mode, in Russian.

Atmosphere is a fairly vague term, but I interpret it to describe my experiences with Alien: Isolation and Metro Redux. They're two of the most immersive games I have played in my life. Especially when the latter is played in Ranger Hardcore mode, in Russian.

Totally agree. Especially Alien: Isolation. I just got around to playing it last month. And damn. Captures the atmosphere of the original film perfectly. Scary as hell, too. 

The witcher 3 (And to some extent witcher 2)

When i first set foot in novigrad i was in shock.

And the areas in Velen reminded me of sweden during winter

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Darksiders 2

Its Darksiders, enough said :P the opening gameplay alone shows of the epic vibe this game has, if u don't like the atmosphere it gives of by the end of the intro gameplay, then move on.

Lords of the Fallen

Whilst LotF is set in and around a castle and is rather repetitive in scenery, the game itself is a easier version of Dark Souls so if u liked the DS series but found it to hard, give Lords a try.

Ori and the Blind Forest.,

Yep , visually a great looking game, and just a good game period.

MMO wise. Well tbh its hard to find an Atmospheric and immersive MMO currently, as the difficulty of such games is just set to EZ on all current MMO's at the moment, which ruins it.

Tera Online used to be one u could get into and had a vibrant world with large monsters (BAM's) to concentrate on and fight carefully giving that epic feel, but its all been nerfed since it went Free To Play. If any does know of a challenging, immersive, atmospheric MMORPG that is out or upcoming then let me know aswell :)

dead space francise have a really immersive and catching atmosfere even if the 1st chapter is pretty old now 

Lords of the Fallen. I think it's a great game. I played it 1.5 times through, I'll probably play it again sometime, though. 

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

--snip--

MMO wise. Well tbh its hard to find an Atmospheric and immersive MMO currently, as the difficulty of such games is just set to EZ on all current MMO's at the moment, which ruins it.

Tera Online used to be one u could get into and had a vibrant world with large monsters (BAM's) to concentrate on and fight carefully giving that epic feel, but its all been nerfed since it went Free To Play. If any does know of a challenging, immersive, atmospheric MMORPG that is out or upcoming then let me know aswell :)

Well guild wars 2 has a really immersive story and stunning landscapes 

DMC (Devil May Cry) has a gritty and rather epic atmosphere, if u like spectacle fighters then give it a try. its a good game, but imo its not Devil May Cry :P nothing like the originals.

Well guild wars 2 has a really immersive story and stunning landscapes 

Aye I got GW2 and played it for a good while, but have stopped playing it, while it 'looks' nice, the combat is just boring imo, I cant go back to Tab Target MMO's, not after playing a game like Tera. People argue that GW2 is action combat, and that's usually because they havnt played an actual action combat MMO lol, GW2 is a hybrid combat MMO, with tab target and some action combat features like the limited dodge mechanics, and the need to move into position to use a skill.

Still, its a game he OP might wanna try, it is good ..for a tab target MMO :)

Hey guys could you reccomend some singleplayer games to me with an amazing, breathtaking atmosphere?(but not interested in horror games)

What I mean is somehting like Batman Arkham Asylum the island there is just amazing

Batman-Arkham-Asylum_3.jpg

or something like Dark Souls(but the souls games are too hard for me) with big castles, very nice sunsets and just these big old buildings that look so damn awesome. 

Dark Souls 2 picture:

dark%20souls%202%20feature%20screen.jpg

Or games with atmospheres similar to MMORPGs since those often have such big areas with all kinds of awesome huge buildings and what not.

or the AMAZING atmosphere from Dishonored(the atmosphere was the best thing about this game hands down the city looked awesome with great art style):

houndpits.jpg

Anything similar to these would be awesome and also it would be cool if it would have a good story :P

The Elder Scrolls games.

PC SPECS: Athlon 860k, MSI 380 4GB, 8GB memory, 1TB HDD, Fractal Design Core 1000