Another ACER Predator X34 problem

Metro

I completly agree the Asus MG279Q had several dead pixel issues me being one of those who recieved a bad one and the PG278Q is still having issues to this day one of those being a Power supply defect. Also I tried Ultrawide and dont like it so I will be sticking to the XB270HU.

Did you try the Samsung 21.9 monitor, that has had good reviews (I know you do not like Ultra wide though) also what about the new Dell monitor; TN, 144hz, G sync. It is like the ASUS monitor.

GPU[Two GTX 980ti Lightnings overclocked]-CPU[Core i7 5930K, 4.4Ghz]-Motherboard[MSI X99 Godlike]-Case[Corsair 780t Black]-RAM[32GB Corsair Dominator 3000Mhz Light bars]-Storage[samsung 950 Pro 512GB, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB and Samsung 850 Pro 512GB]-CPU Cooler[EK Predator 360mm]-PSU[EVGA 1600w T2 Individual cables Red]-Monitor[ASUS PG348Q]-Keyboard[Corsair K70 Red]-Mouse[Corsair M65 RGB]-Headset[sennheiser G4me one]-Case Fans[beQuiet Silent Wings 2]

Did you try the Samsung 21.9 monitor, that has had good reviews (I know you do not like Ultra wide though) also what about the new Dell monitor; TN, 144hz, G sync. It is like the ASUS monitor.

Once you experienced IPS, TN is no Option anymore.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Once you experienced IPS, TN is no Option anymore.

Like Praesi said TN is a no no and in my opinion a thing of the past if I only played racing games and simulators I would probably get the acer Z35 and just use Nvidia DSR and upscale to 5120x2160 which is what I was doing on my LG ultrawide purely because I can push 80+ FPS in the majority of games with my Titan X SLI setup but my all round favourite for all types of games still remains the acer XB270HU it took me two go's to get a perfect one with minimal backligt bleed and no dead pixels but that seems to be the case with most of these monitors that are pushing current technology to the limit and I know the new swift PG279Q has IPS 165hz but again that 165hz is an overclock and I dont personaly like the idea of overclocking such a high cost monitor. I will probably only change back to ultrawide if it becomes standard or a Gsync module is released with a newer diplay port capable of 3440x1440 at 144hz without an overclock to achieve it.

Custom PC:

Intel Core i7 5960X GTX1080 Strix | 64gb 2400mhz DDR4 Corsair Vengeance Ram | Samsung S951 256gb M.2 | 4TB WD Blue SSHD | EVGA Supernova G2 1300watt PSU | Acer XB270HU | Corsair K95 RGB | Corsair M65 RGB |

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

It seems people do not know, so I will inform most of you, the ACER Predator X34 has many problems. These include screen flashing, not reaching 100hz, coil whine, settings being reset and the sleeping issue where half the screen does not turn on.

I have now seen there is another issue. There are lines going across the screen when Gsync is on at any refresh rate.

This is confirming the line problems

http://www.overclock.net/t/1537403/tftcentral-acer-predator-xr341ck-34-curved-gaming-screen-with-g-sync/4990

This is confirming the other problems

http://community.acer.com/t5/Predator-Discussions/MULTIPLE-Problems-with-New-X34/td-p/390434

So I would not get this monitor at the moment. I would wait for the ASUS PG348Q or wait for the Samsung version.

Thanks

Scratch what I said my acer XB270hu has broken down it wont run above 100hz it goes blurry at 144hz damn it acer. i'm sending to the repair centre tomorrow to be fixed and they better fix it cause this is the second time i have issues with this model of monitor, at least I still got my trusty 75hz LG ultrawide, LG seem to make the best most reliable monitors at the moment the only issue I have with it has a small hair got under the panel in manufacturing.

Custom PC:

Intel Core i7 5960X GTX1080 Strix | 64gb 2400mhz DDR4 Corsair Vengeance Ram | Samsung S951 256gb M.2 | 4TB WD Blue SSHD | EVGA Supernova G2 1300watt PSU | Acer XB270HU | Corsair K95 RGB | Corsair M65 RGB |

Anything above is iffy until better tech is available.

I agree with you on that, all the current top of the line monitor are pushing the limits of the panel technology as well as the display port standard so there's bound to be issues. My XB270HU should be back soon it's under repair at the moment at the service centre so is in the last stage of it's repair before it goes to testing then get's returned to me :) 

My acer customer service experience has been good at least whereas Asus is awful for customer service.

Custom PC:

This topic was linked in Jokers review of the monitor, my topic :)

GPU[Two GTX 980ti Lightnings overclocked]-CPU[Core i7 5930K, 4.4Ghz]-Motherboard[MSI X99 Godlike]-Case[Corsair 780t Black]-RAM[32GB Corsair Dominator 3000Mhz Light bars]-Storage[samsung 950 Pro 512GB, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB and Samsung 850 Pro 512GB]-CPU Cooler[EK Predator 360mm]-PSU[EVGA 1600w T2 Individual cables Red]-Monitor[ASUS PG348Q]-Keyboard[Corsair K70 Red]-Mouse[Corsair M65 RGB]-Headset[sennheiser G4me one]-Case Fans[beQuiet Silent Wings 2]

This topic was linked in Jokers review of the monitor, my topic :)

I got a call from acer yesterday was told that my lcd panel and my power supply were both faulty on my XB270HU and that they are going to replace both for me so Acer do have good customer service in the UK at least compared to my experience with Asus when I had my issue with the MG279Q they wanted £45 just for me to send it to them I decided to send it back to amazon in the end so what I recommend you do is get which ever brand offers best warranty and not who has the best QC cause at the end of the day it doesn't matter who provides the best quality to start with it comes down to who will be willing to fix it if it goes faulty and I can say from my experience Asus are not that great when it comes to faulty monitors.

Custom PC:

I got a call from acer yesterday was told that my lcd panel and my power supply were both faulty on my XB270HU and that they are going to replace both for me so Acer do have good customer service in the UK at least compared to my experience with Asus when I had my issue with the MG279Q they wanted £45 just for me to send it to them I decided to send it back to amazon in the end so what I recommend you do is get which ever brand offers best warranty and not who has the best QC cause at the end of the day it doesn't matter who provides the best quality to start with it comes down to who will be willing to fix it if it goes faulty and I can say from my experience Asus are not that great when it comes to faulty monitors.

It should be free, I would have spoken to them about it. You could have sent it to Amazon for them to send it to ASUS

It should be free, I would have spoken to them about it. You could have sent it to Amazon for them to send it to ASUS

I sent it back and got the Acer instead with the bonus of G-sync so I wasn't bothered about getting the MG279Q fixed but I will say the Asus monitor felt more high quality that the Acer but a monitor usually doesn't get moved round much.

Custom PC:

honestly, acer has dropped the ball on this.
It has been more than a month since they replied on their own forum regarding issues on the x34. This is a thread

http://community.acer.com/t5/Predator-Discussions/MULTIPLE-Problems-with-New-X34/td-p/390434/page/77

I Was planning on getting the monitor, figuring if i was unlucky and get a faulty monitor, i would rma it and get it fixed. But with that many complaints, that little response and x amount of people sending in their units and getting them back still having issues. No thank you.

honestly, acer has dropped the ball on this.

It has been more than a month since they replied on their own forum regarding issues on the x34. This is a thread

http://community.acer.com/t5/Predator-Discussions/MULTIPLE-Problems-with-New-X34/td-p/390434/page/77

I Was planning on getting the monitor, figuring if i was unlucky and get a faulty monitor, i would rma it and get it fixed. But with that many complaints, that little response and x amount of people sending in their units and getting them back still having issues. No thank you.

Personally I would hold off these 21:9 100hz 3440x1440 displays until the next version of them come out they are a new tech and need some time before they can be distributed in big numbers I don't blame acer for the issues as this is the same with all brands when new tech comes out it's a part of innovation and it's guaranteed to happen with anything pushing the limits of current tech.

Custom PC:

Can't find any negative reviews because they all favor Nvidia and gsync rather than be honest. The tech is just not there for the wanted and promise refresh rates.

Personally I would hold off these 21:9 100hz 3440x1440 displays until the next version of them come out they are a new tech and need some time before they can be distributed in big numbers I don't blame acer for the issues as this is the same with all brands when new tech comes out it's a part of innovation and it's guaranteed to happen with anything pushing the limits of current tech.

Well not all new tech is flawed, but the risk is much higher as there is no or only little experience with it.

Shame though, would really like to try one.

@Jahramika

We get it, you love AMD....

Well I owned Intel / Amd atm. I don't like Nvidias efforts to take a open platform at every change to try and control it. With that said I am like everyone else best performance for the money. Also to your statement yes I like amd freesync, for the price and go look at all the working with freesync that are available and see how many Linus has reviewed and how many gsync have been reviewed. Every gsync with high super highrefresh rate seems to have issues.manufactures don't try to push the freesync models of the same monitor that high and they work much better. So in my mind hereagaini see Nvidia pushing manufactures to try and make gsync better looking. In this age if you spend 1300 for a monitor and it is that flawed it's just messed up.MO