Microsoft Says If You are Going to Buy a Console for Games, You Will Buy an Xbox One

StrongAsFe

More bullshit from Microsoft

Xbox-One-635x357.jpg

0cb55331d024ba2fc7ff37b97625deab.png

Source

This statement gave me cancer:

“If you’re buying a console for games, you’re buying an Xbox. Xbox is the platform with the most games, the most exclusives, and probably the most anticipated game of the year in Halo 5. If you’re a fan of Halo, if you’ve ever played Halo, you know how special Halo 5 is. If you never have, the rich story with Locke and Chief and what’s been created — I can tell you, I’ve played through the entire campaign. It’s the greatest Halo ever made. It’s stunning. It’s worth the investment. That game alone is worth the investment.

Plus, if you like Forza or Tomb Raider or any of the other big titles like Fallout or Call of Duty, we have them all. On top of having the premier online gaming service in Xbox Live. If you want to play with your friends, that’s the place to play. That would be my pitch. And we’ll do it at a great value."

Right, because great value = paying $60 to unlock multiplayer on the games we own and bought

Also, PC has thousands of exclusives.

Your pitch sucks, Mr. Greenberg.

Steam machines will crush Xbox in terms of value.

Microsoft's new low-trying to push the Xbone only on exclusives.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Right, because great value = paying $60 to unlock multiplayer on the games we own and bought

Also, PC has thousands of exclusives.

Your pitch sucks, Mr. Greenberg.

Steam machines will crush Xbox in terms of value.

Notice that he said "if you're buying A CONSOLE..."

still that's pretty arrogant of them...

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Microsoft's new low-trying to push the Xbone only on exclusives.

and that is over-milked and dried out exclusives at that!

Halo died with hte second installment. After that, it turned into the new "mario" or "CoD" or "Battlefield" franchise...

although i will give battlefield one point over the other titles i mentioned as they make the explosions bigger and the destruction more detailed every time... CoD just increases texure reslution.

Except for the part where PS4 is whopping Xbone in every way.

Are they on another planet or just got their heads buried?

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Hahah MS... you wish people wanted to buy your console :P

#RIPTopGear  This is the best thread ever: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/53190-i-can-not-get-hard/ " French meetings are just people sitting in a semi-circle shouting at each other" -Dom Jolly  :lol:

My rig: 

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz GPU: GTX 760 reference | PSU: Corsair RM750 Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V | Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M D3H | Case: NZXT S340 White | RAM: 8GB EVO Potenza @ 1600MHz Storage: 3TB Seagate HDD, 60GB OCZ SSD, 620GB Toshiba HDD | Mouse: Steelseries Rival @1000 CPi |  OS: Windows 10 Pro Phone: iPhone 6S 16GB  
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/439354-why-nvidia/

If I'm gonna buy a next/current gen console it will be a Wii U.

Xbone is second, but not a close second

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

oh, and sadly, MS forgot...

Uncharted 4....

CoD BOIII (PS4 gets early access)

The Order: 1866

The Last of Us

They're not wrong...

They have: Forza, Halo, Fable...

Backwards compatibility

A controller for the pros who want more.

DVR functionality coming in 2016

They have more features...

I don't see why people are saying they're wrong.

And the Wii U was a failure imo. Nintendo has the chance to beat every other console to a pulp but they took so long with their games that MS and Sony caught up...

This comment caught my attention.

I know literally 1 person that likes the XB controller more than the PS one. What is so special about it that the "pros" want it? 

Also Fable: The Lost Chapters is the only good Fable so I wouldn't call that a plus.  :lol:

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

They're not wrong...

Backwards compatibility

And the Wii U was a failure imo. Nintendo has the chance to beat every other console to a pulp but they took so long with their games that MS and Sony caught up...

Pretty much my thoughts on the exactly. I'm hoping that backwards compatibility puts the final nail in the coffin for devs remastering games that don't need it, I mean dishonoured that is silly they couldn't even get it running at 60fps... Not to mention rise of the tomb raider, I think that comes out this year too, sure it's a timed exclusive but it sold a metric tonne when the first re-imagined game came out. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

This comment caught my attention.

I know literally 1 person that likes the XB controller more than the PS one. What is so special about it that the "pros" want it? 

Also Fable: The Lost Chapters is the only good Fable so I wouldn't call that a plus.  :lol:

Pros would want complete customization and reliability... And probably something made with a little more metal. 

c6b63aaa-7205-4717-9636-8067d38d0559.jpg

PS4 doesn't have 1st party pro controllers, SURE There's scuff and crap like it but nothing will beat something that engineered, Designed, built, and tested by Microsoft or Sony for that matter. 

Everyone knows the Wii is the dominant gaming master race.

lol no xddd

Uhmm, recently bought a wiiu to replace my wii.............I need my mario kart and smash.

Anyways id much rather have a ps4 than an xbox1, just because it has Bloodborne and I dont care about

some generic racing and shooting games that are exclusive on xbox1.

I like how they tried to make it sound a good thing that you need to pay a yearly subscription fee for multiplayer.

``On top of having the premier gaming service Xbox live.´´ lolz, premier=you pay premium.

They're not wrong...

Backwards compatibility

PS4 already has inbuilt live streaming and recording... cannot do streaming/lets play with any nintendo shit... unless you wanna get sued.

Forza .... its nice but GT is better imo. From a pure physics and vehicle selection standpoint. Forza has more artistic maps.

Fable is a good point, but Fable will come to PC. So it is not exclusive at all.

halo is dead... they're just milkin it now. Like AC....

Backwards compatibility is nice and all, but we have played these games already... very few games on any platform offers good replay value.

the Pro controller just adds basic features found in the PS4 controller :|

Uhmm, recently bought a wiiu to replace my wii.............I need my mario kart and smash.

Anyways id much rather have a ps4 than an xbox1, just because it has Bloodborne and I dont care about

some generic racing and shooting games that are exclusive on xbox1.

I like how they tried to make it sound a good thing that you need to pay a yearly subscription fee for multiplayer.

``On top of having the premier gaming service Xbox live.´´ lolz, premier=you pay premium.

Well, each to their own, no problem with Wii U at all. Before PC I wanted a Wii U but got a PS4 I highly regretted it.

Pros would want complete customization and reliability... And probably something made with a little more metal. 

c6b63aaa-7205-4717-9636-8067d38d0559.jpg

PS4 doesn't have 1st party pro controllers, SURE There's scuff and crap like it but nothing will beat something that engineered, Designed, built, and tested by Microsoft or Sony for that matter. 

Yea...but I still need two goddamn double AA batteries lad.

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

-snip-

Oh that. I'm sure it's a great controller and all, I've yet to see one that can beat the stock console controllers for that matter, but I wouldn't call a optional $150 controller that came out few weeks ago (afaik) a deal breaker. It's a plus without a doubt, but it doesn't mean the console that has is "more for gamers". It just doesn't make sense, at least to me. I'd agree if it came as a stock controller, but it's an option.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own.