Meet the new Sennheiser Orpheus

lmaooooooo

But come on, just that some people think tube-style frequency/transient response sounds warmer/more enjoyable doesn't mean they see digital audio as emotionless :P

Like many things, audio is subjective.

I have no problem with people enjoying and preferring tubes or vinyl. I do find it dubious to claim that it is "better".

Also the tubes I've seen all impart a frequency response far from flat, so I'm guessing the Orpheus isn't aiming to be neutral (at least when paired with its amp). So that's quite a bummer.

Tubes can be very linear - Schiit Valhalla 2, for example.

You obviously haven't listened to analog amps then.

I like listening to music (or playing it, since I know how to play an instrument). If the music is moving, I will be moved, regardless of the reproduction medium.

If it's piano music, I try to learn a piece if I like it, because there is nothing like experiencing the composer's creation first-hand.

head fi did a first look at them, they look good but well out of my budget

Its all about those volumetric clouds

The HE90 is probably my most expensive item owned next to cars and a house. Was gifted them by a family friend who owned a recording studio before he passed away.

WHAT,YOU OWN THEM

I'll take all 300.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

I wonder if this will lower the value on the HE90's though. I hope not but if it does, that would suck for the people keeping them in pristine condition hoping the value goes up. Now they might have to question that.

A work of art from Sennheiser, I just want to experience them.. I know I'll never afford them, but one can hope to sample them someday.

Higher frame rate over higher resolution.

CPU-i5 4690k -GPU-MSI 970 sli -Mobo-MSI g45 gaming -Memory-16gb crucial ballistix -PSU- EVGA 80+ gold g2 850w -Case- corsair 200r

Monitors- Acer XB240H, Asus ROG Swift, Dell P2815Q 2160p  -Keyboard- Corsair k70 RGB -Mouse- Corsair M65 -Mouse Pad- Glorious Extended Pad -Headphone- BeyerDynamic DT990 250ohm, Senheiser HD 518, Fiio E10k

50K pounds ~ 107,000 AUD

*meep*

Aftermarket 980Ti >= Fury X >= Reference 980Ti > Fury > 980 > 390X > 390 >= 970 380X > 380 >= 960 > 950 >= 370 > 750Ti = 360

"The Orange Box" || CPU: i5 4690k || RAM: Kingston Hyper X Fury 16GB || Case: Aerocool DS200 (Orange) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate || Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 240GB + WD Black 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM750 || Mobo: ASUS Z97-A || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

"Unnamed Form Factor Switch" || CPU: i7 6700K || RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB || Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Mini ITX (White) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate (Green Cover) || Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 1TB || PSU: XFX XTR 550W || Mobo: ASUS Z170I Pro Gaming || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

50K pounds ~ 107,000 AUD

*meep*

It's 50K Euro, not GBP :P

So only ~$75K AUD.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Are these for people who pay idiotic amounts of money for cables that supposedly make things sound better?

Sort of, though being Senneheiser I'm sure it will actually sound good.

Are these for people who pay idiotic amounts of money for cables that supposedly make things sound better?

Not exactly. With anything analog, the quality of the cable can definitely have an impact in the quality of the end-user experience. But of course, there are diminishing returns after a point.

This is for people who want the best. It's just like any other top of the line luxury item. It's like owning a Bugatti Veyron or a McLaren. Sure, you could buy a car for 1/10th the price that's almost as fast, or almost as luxurious, but if you can buy the best, then you can buy the best.

Obviously this isn't for the average consumer. I'm sure it sounds fucking amazing, but I'm sure a $1200 set of headphones also sounds fucking amazing. Also, you most definitely need proper high quality sources for these puppies. Listening to 128kbps MP3's won't do them justice.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

I could pay off college with these headphones.

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

Ummmmmm do you come here often beautiful? love your curves. 

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.