Playing games on my grandmother's PC: Can it be done?

iamdarkyoshi

So I decided to put steam's in-home streaming to the test. My PC has a hardwired connection to the router, the router has a connection to my dedicated 600mbps Cisco AP, and her PC has a cisco router (54mbps) with DDWRT to act as a wireless bridge to the AP.

Her PC has:

Core2duo at 2.8ghz

4GB of RAM

and a GPU SO OLD that it scores an impressive 52 on passmark. yup, 52.

Everything running on windows 7 on an OEM HP hard drive.

My PC, as you all know, is a decent workhorse. If you wish to see the specs, just look in my profile.

Anyway, the monitor being used was a GROSS 1280x1024 panel. The resolution was not what was terrible, the response time was. It ghosts worse than casper.

But over wireless on a pretty old machine, the gaming experience was pretty damn good! Latency was low enough for a casual gamer like me to play portal 2 without any issues, other than the damn LCD panel I was using.

How has your experience been with in home streaming?

uhhhh if you can move your gt 630 to it

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

RCT1?

My AMD Build:

Spoiler

FX 6300 @ 4.8GHz, Zalman CNPS14X, MSI 970 Gaming, 16gb 1866MHz AData Ram, 3D Club R9 280X, Corsair 600M Psu, Thermaltake V3 AMD Edition Case, D-link 1200AC WiFi, 240gb Mushkin SSD, 2tb WD HDD, 140gb WD HDD (recording gameplay), 5x CoolerMaster SickleFlow 120mm fans, Windows 10 64Bit

Sisters Intel Build:

Spoiler

I7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, CoolerMaster 212 Evo, Gigabyte Gaming 5, 16gb 1866MHz Corsair Ram, 3D Club R9 390, EVGA 650GS Psu, NZXT S340 Case, D-Link 1200AC WiFi Card, HyperX 240gb SSD, 2tb WD HDD, Windows 10 64 Bit

If you want it to turn into a time bomb, you can run Arma3 Ultra for a few hours.

CPU: Intel i5-2400 Mobo: ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z RAM: 8GB G.Skill DDR3 1333MHz GPU: Sapphire R9 280x Tri-X Case Corsair Obsidian Series 350D PSU: EVGA 500w 80+ Certified

If you want it to turn into a time bomb, you can run Arma3 Ultra for a few hours.

But the games play on my main PC. Then get streamed to the derpy PC.

So I decided to put steam's in-home streaming to the test.

But the games play on my main PC. Then get streamed to the derpy PC.

got it woops

still you should try it on the ass PC

CPU: Intel i5-2400 Mobo: ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z RAM: 8GB G.Skill DDR3 1333MHz GPU: Sapphire R9 280x Tri-X Case Corsair Obsidian Series 350D PSU: EVGA 500w 80+ Certified

I dont want to take that thing apart again. Every time I open it, something else goes wrong.

"Its working, now don't freaking touch it"

oh, also check skype I need hEEEEEELLLLPP

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

play some jedi academy with me

CPU AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6 Core 12 Threads Motherboard TUF B450M-PLUS GAMING RAM 32GB Dual-Channel DDR4 GPU 11GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti Case be quiet! White OS Linux Mint Cinnamon