highest end card a i3 3220 would handle without bottlenecking?

So I'm thinking of saving some money on a build because I honestly don''t know how much power i'm actually going to use. The prebuilt computer i'm planning to upgrade is a hp pavalon with 4gb of ram, a i3 3220 and a 1tb hdd. 

So, much card can the i3 handle without  becoming the bottleneck? I'm also upgrading ram, psu and putting an ssd for a boot drive. 

For a gpu I was at least thinking of getting a gtx 950.

Don't mistake the Haswell and Skylake i3 performances with the ivy i3's people. Those were pretty unimpressive.

so you're saying haswell was a significant upgrade? I thought intel cpus had better performance per generation but old hardware is still good. 

Don't mistake the Haswell and Skylake i3 performances with the ivy i3's people. Those were pretty unimpressive.

Ivy was what bulldozer was suppose to compete with right?

so you're saying haswell was a significant upgrade? I thought intel cpus had better performance per generation but old hardware is still good. 

They do, just the improvment is very noticeable.

The step-up from Ivy i5 to Haswell i5 is not synonymous with that of the i3's.

In most cases you'll likely get away perfectly fine with a GTX 950 or GTX 960.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

The step-up from Ivy i5 to Haswell i5 is not synonymous with that of the i3's.

I was thinking of doing a skylake i3 and haswell i5 build as well. Would the i3 be okay for a starter build? or should I go for the i5 and hope that haswell cpus stay around for a couple years?

I was thinking of doing a skylake i3 and haswell i5 build as well. Would the i3 be okay for a starter build? or should I go for the i5 and hope that haswell cpus stay around for a couple years?

Depends. When will you get around to upgrading the CPU? Do you plan on overclocking?

Depends. When will you get around to upgrading the CPU? Do you plan on overclocking?

idk, probably after 2 years and no, I'm going to spend my money on peripherals or something, I don't want to liquid cool just yet.