Is it enough for 4k

50calsniper

I'm thinking about investing in a msi gtx 980ti and then getting a corsair h80i cooler and gpu mount to cool it but I only want to invest in this if it is enough for 4k in both videos and games?

It should be enough for 4k but don't expect Ultra setting 60 fps. It's probably going to be more like medium to high settings 30 fps.
Also what do you mean by video? Almost anything will play 4k video.

!!CATS!!CATS!!CATS!!CATS!!CATS!!CATS!!CATS!!CATS!!CATS!!CATS!!CATS!!CATS!!CATS!!CATS!!CATS!!CATS!!CATS!!CATS!!CATS!!CATS!!

nothing is truly really stable for 4k gaming at 60fps right now even with multi card setups due to crossfire sli issues. but a 980 ti should be enough for 4k if you dont mind slightly lower framerates or turning down some settings,

There are special mounting brackets that allow you to use a cpu cooler do you not think it is worth it if I want to seriously over clock it?

The GTX 980ti can play on 4K but not on 60(+) fps.

4K Gaming ? i would say get TITAN X since it has 12GB of VRAM

There is no difference between the Titan X and the 980 ti. So if the game do 4k Ultra 60fps, the Titan X can't

PC is Intel Core i5 6400, GIgabyte H170 Gaming 3, Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x4GB 2400Mhz ,Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB, WD Blue 1TB, NZXT S340, ASUS Geforce GTX 960. Fractal Design Tesla R2 650W. http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/793XNG. Graphics card choices don't always have to be dictated on performance. If you want the game stream and power consumption of the GTX 970 get that. If you want raw performance of the R9 390 get that. In the end we are all gamers, so what if your buddy gets an extra 5 fps? 

There is no difference between the Titan X and the 980 ti. So if the game do 4k Ultra 60fps, the Titan X can't

if there's no difference, why did Nvidia make 2 of em ? TITAN X has more VRAM which is a need for 4K + Ultra Texture

Key Switches Guide | LLT Beginner Guide | GPU TDP & Power Consumption Explained | PSU Tier

s a d b o y s 2 0 0 1

Depends what games you want to run and at what settings .

If you're OK with 30 fps you could run most games at ultra , but you'll have to drop the settings to high if you want to get 60 fps.

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

Also don't mount a cpu cooler to a gpu .

There are aio gpu coolers on the market for that.

And the msi cooler is fine.

If you want to water cool , use a gpu cooler.

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

There is a difference, the extra VRAM in TITAN X helps a lot when it comes with higher resolution and textures in gaming, setting the textures really high in games really push VRAM.

GTX 980Ti is a solid choice for 4k gaming but don't expect 60fps in all games, some games are just not optimized well.

Although 980Ti can compete with TITAN X, TITAN X is still a better GPU, well, extremely expensive.

Air cooling in the GPU is enough already or just use the water cooling set made for GPU, don't use CPU cooler, well if you're know what you're doing or willing to take the risk then go ahead.

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

There is a difference, the extra VRAM in TITAN X helps a lot when it comes with higher resolution and textures in gaming, setting the textures really high in games really push VRAM.

GTX 980Ti is a solid choice for 4k gaming but don't expect 60fps in all games, some games are just not optimized well.

Air cooling in the GPU is enough already or just use the water cooling set made for GPU, don't use CPU cooler, well if you're know what you're doing or willing to take the risk then go ahead.

https://youtu.be/WjfzDY0D4ck?t=7m51s

A very marginal increase, Not worth $350 IMO

PC is Intel Core i5 6400, GIgabyte H170 Gaming 3, Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x4GB 2400Mhz ,Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB, WD Blue 1TB, NZXT S340, ASUS Geforce GTX 960. Fractal Design Tesla R2 650W. http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/793XNG. Graphics card choices don't always have to be dictated on performance. If you want the game stream and power consumption of the GTX 970 get that. If you want raw performance of the R9 390 get that. In the end we are all gamers, so what if your buddy gets an extra 5 fps? 

if there's no difference, why did Nvidia make 2 of em ? TITAN X has more VRAM which is a need for 4K + Ultra Texture

Nvidia made two them because they realised the 12gb of ram was excessive, it also dragged up the price so they would sell more if they had a cheaper variant and make more money that way.

!!CATS!!CATS!!CATS!!CATS!!CATS!!CATS!!CATS!!CATS!!CATS!!CATS!!CATS!!CATS!!CATS!!CATS!!CATS!!CATS!!CATS!!CATS!!CATS!!CATS!!

https://youtu.be/WjfzDY0D4ck?t=7m51s

A very marginal increase, Not worth $350 IMO

Yeah that's why I said 980Ti was a solid choice for 4k, TITAN X is better but again it's extremely expensive.

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

Yeah that's why I said 980Ti was a solid choice for 4k, TITAN X is better but again it's extremely expensive.

Ok then

Nvidia made two them because they realised the 12gb of ram was excessive, it also dragged up the price so they would sell more if they had a cheaper variant and make more money that way.

do they really make statement that "they realise 12GB or VRAM was excessive ?

Key Switches Guide | LLT Beginner Guide | GPU TDP & Power Consumption Explained | PSU Tier

s a d b o y s 2 0 0 1

do they really make statement that "they realise 12GB or VRAM was excessive ?

No but that's obvious they were thinking that other wise the 980ti would have 12 as well not just 6. The 12 is only really useful professional aplications, I don't think 6 gb is going to be limit for gaming performance for a long time

I'm thinking about investing in a msi gtx 980ti and then getting a corsair h80i cooler and gpu mount to cool it but I only want to invest in this if it is enough for 4k in both videos and games?

Dont mount it yourself, get something like this: http://www.corsair.com/en/landing/hydrogfx

Welcome to LTT! Feel free to PM me if you just wanna chat, I love conversation!

If you ever have any audio questions, wether it's software, hardware, or production and theory, feel free to ask me. Odds are I can help you, or get you help. 

The other question, what is the rest of your system's specs?

Welcome to LTT! Feel free to PM me if you just wanna chat, I love conversation!

If you ever have any audio questions, wether it's software, hardware, or production and theory, feel free to ask me. Odds are I can help you, or get you help. 

It should be enough for 4k but don't expect Ultra setting 60 fps. It's probably going to be more like medium to high settings 30 fps.

Also what do you mean by video? Almost anything will play 4k video.

i have a R9 290 and it plays Medium 60fps in every game i have tried ussualy with some mix of high in there  i don't own many games though but i know Dying light is on the tough side to run and i have this at High Textures and medium everything else and average like 55FPS game looks gorgeously detailed in 4k. a 980ti is much more powerful and benchmarks ive seen it can do High with some very high no AA or any crazy taxing ULtras  at 60fps at least which is what i would expect compared to my GPU

12 gb vram says otherwise

6gb of "future proofness"  says go away :P

Shipping sucks

980ti can but you wont get 60fps

Titan x is better fir 4k.

Cpu:

Intel i5 4460 Motherboard:Msi Z97S Sli krait Ram:HyperX Fury White (2x4) Storage:Seagate 1tb/Samsung 850 Evo 120gb Gpu:Gtx 960 2gb sc Case:S340 Black Psu:Corsair Rm 650w 80+ Gold certified

My anime list : http://myanimelist.net/animelist/KRImSIN