goodbye Catalyst Control Center, hello Radeon Sofware

Of course there are Just like there are loads of Nvidia buyers complaining about driver bugs particularly on Windows 10. There are some unhappy customers on both sides, WHQL or not.

the difference between AMD and Intel + nVidia is that the Intel and nVidia teams have a whole lot more WHQL drivers releases in a year than AMD

does it matter, yes quite a lot - for reasons I explained in the OP

hopefully, with Raja Koduri at helm, things will get better; but I still can't get over AMD firing, quite recently, a bunch of people from the software department

the difference between AMD and Intel + nVidia is that the Intel and nVidia teams have a whole lot more WHQL drivers releases in a year than AMD

hopefully, with Raja Koduri at helm, things will get better; but I still can't get over AMD firing, quite recently, a bunch of people from the software department

What, you mean Intel actually releases drivers for their iGPUs?

:^)

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

What so good about WHQL driver? It's a waste of money for AMD imo.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

I mean if AMD allows it it's technically not breaking the warranty

except it is:

image2.png

What so good about WHQL driver? It's a waste of money for AMD imo.

if there's nothing good about WHQL drivers, then why release them in the 1st place .. riight!?

except for the fact that W10, in this case, pushes WHQL drivers over the user installed BETA ones - posted this exact same thing in the OP, but I guess you didn't bother reading

except it is:

image2.png

That just a warning for the newbies, you know they can't trace this.

if there's nothing good about WHQL drivers, then why release them in the 1st place .. riight!?

except for the fact that W10, in this case, pushes WHQL drivers over the user installed BETA ones - posted this exact same thing in the OP, but I guess you didn't bother reading

I mean releasing them monthly seem unnecessary especially when the process take pretty long, by the time it gets the WHQL cert, the driver is already outdated. AMD driver team is pretty small anyway.

Window 10 will do that? I'm on beta/latest driver all the time but window update never mess with it.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

I heard microsoft is sprinkling those WHQL drivers with holy water  :o

Better keep paying them to do so..  :rolleyes:

Please avoid feeding the argumentative narcissistic academic monkey.

"the last 20 percent – going from demo to production-worthy algorithm – is both hard and is time-consuming. The last 20 percent is what separates the men from the boys" - Mobileye CEO

Window 10 will do that? I'm on beta/latest driver all the time but window update never mess with it.

it just did it on my laptop last week, even tho I specifically unchecked it in device manager - WUP completely ignored it and overwrite my install

And Nvidia users still have Windows XP style CP:

nvidia-display-control-panel.jpg

:D

Even CCC looks better than that. I think it's time Nvidia update the GUI.

i7 9700K @ 5 GHz, ASUS DUAL RTX 3070 (OC), Gigabyte Z390 Gaming SLI, 2x8 HyperX Predator 3200 MHz

we all sow Windows' 10 behaviour when it comes to updates and how it manages hardware drivers - most of people are not tech savy and others, like enterprise users, won't even install BETA software

Are enterprise users the target market for R7 & R9 series graphics cards?

If they do happen to use these cards (or more likely APUs) do they need to have the bleeding edge drivers in order to ASAP optimize for the new Call of Duty 15 or do stuff like enable Vulkan support on launch day? Do those things matter to enterprise users?

Are enterprise users the target market for R9 series graphics cards?

huh!? how about laptops? no?!

Even CCC looks better than that. I think it's time Nvidia update the GUI.

why?! is it something wrong with it?

there's a saying: if it's not broke, don't fix it

huh!? how about laptops? no?!

If they do happen to use these cards (or more likely APUs) do they need to have the bleeding edge drivers in order to ASAP optimize for the new Call of Duty 15 or do stuff like enable Vulkan support on launch day? Do those things matter to enterprise users?

except when they experience artifacting and whatnot (TDR error with driver restart) during .. I dunno ... browsing the internet  <_<

quite notorious for Chrome users

except when they experience artifacting and whatnot during .. I dunno ... browsing the internet  <_<

Based on my quick google search it seems that particular issue happened more to Nvdia users.

But anyway if that happens to an enterprise user due to a driver can't IT department fix it by changing the driver?

WHQL only means its been thoroughly tested to A set of specifications.

and you have to run it by some committy to have it certified. That committy prolly charges you X amount of money to do so (duh)

AMD is low on cash. Cheaper to just ignore WHQL bullshit and give out drivers anyway.

Since you havent owned a AMD product in god knows how long... my personal experience from 3 years of Beta drivers beats yours.

Their Beta drivers are no worse or better then their WHQL drivers. Nor are their beta drivers any worse then Nvidia beta drivers.

there's a saying: if it's not broke, don't fix it

Improve it?

But anyway if that happens to an enterprise user due to a driver can't IT department fix it by changing the driver?

to what?! a BETA driver? yeah right!

they'd rather not buy that product ever again

Based on my quick google search it seems that particular issue happened more to Nvdia users.

that's a perception thing, since nVidia does has a way bigger market share compared to AMD's

except when they experience artifacting and whatnot (TDR error with driver restart) during .. I dunno ... browsing the internet  <_<

that is a good summary of the Nvidia drivers from May 2015 to September 2015

That's fucking bullshit.

Source: my laptop, which has NEVER artifacted, even playing GTA 5 with VRAM, RAM, GPU, CPU, and the temperatures tapped out

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Improve it?

again, what's wrong with it that needs improving?the simpler the better

and why it can't be improved on the existing platform and must be re-done on a completely new platform?

am I the only one who recalls how dreadful the 1st iterations of CCC ran  :mellow:

again, what's wrong with it that needs improving?

the simpler the better

am I the only one who recalls how dreadful the 1st iterations of CCC ran  :mellow:

i guess you also prefer the GUI of Windows 95 over Win7 / Win10

That's fucking bullshit.

Source: my laptop

right, because your experience is everyone's experience