goodbye Catalyst Control Center, hello Radeon Sofware

I like the new design. Looks very sleek yet simple. A much needed overhaul to CCC. Now hopefully they keep up with their drivers now since they have more focus now.

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

People here arguing about AMD's driver and here I am giggling they paired an A10-5700 with a 390X.

software18-800x302.jpg

dat neck of bottlz

I'm noticing how your title is "Junior Cheeseburger" yet your avatar is clearly a double. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

I'm very satisfied with AMD's drivers in almost every way. Stability, performance, features etc has been great both on beta and WHQL releases. Long term support is also good with people who bought GPUs like HD 7870 in early 2012 are also still getting feature improvements and performance optimizations for the newest AAA games.

There's only one problem I continue to have with AMD. Their abysmal openGL performance.

ahead in what!? aestectics!??!?! because the new Radeon Software doesn't do anything more than CCC did

You have to admit that AMD has a usefull control panel. You can OC your card, they support it natively in their drivers, and it's actually a good tool. I used it a long time ago with a 5450 before I got a gtx 970.

I don't want to get into the "zMeul h8" bandwagon. But damn man, you bash AMD a lot, like you were paid for doing so.

Did they stole your bananas or what?

I'm noticing how your title is "Junior Cheeseburger" yet your avatar is clearly a double. 

It's now "Junior Double Cheeseburger" happy now?  :P

It's now "Junior Double Cheeseburger" happy now?  :P

hah! Make me want mcdonalds but it's still breakfast   :(

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

You have to admit that AMD has a usefull control panel. You can OC your card, they support it natively in their drivers, and it's actually a good tool. I used it a long time ago with a 5450 before I got a gtx 970.

I don't want to get into the "zMeul h8" bandwagon. But damn man, you bash AMD a lot, like you were paid for doing so.

Did they stole your bananas or what?

He has an irrational grudge just like the anti-Nvidia brigade here.

the only thing i wonder is when will nvidia fuse geforce center with control panel already, and give it a modern look and feel

This was my one complaint about AMD after making the switch, CCC looked 10 years out of date, even if it brings nothing new and is just a graphical overhaul im happy.

Ryzen 7 3700x, MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX, 16GB Ballistix Elite 3600MHz, MSI RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio, Corsair RM750x V2

Love that they'll give per game OC settings!

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

omg finally

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

from the way LTT seem to consider AMD kit throughout all of their videos, I would say that Nvidia are paying them extra (throwing more 980ti's and titans at them) to create a fictional user who's job it is to post up anti AMD posts.

the only thing i wonder is when will nvidia fuse geforce center with control panel already, and give it a modern look and feel

Please God no

AMD are apparently going to market this as "Your graphics cards operating system"

Cringeworthty to say the least.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

AMD are apparently going to market this as "Your graphics cards operating system"

Cringeworthty to say the least.

But true. Can you name any other hardware with device drivers as complex as GPUs?

Wonder if it will finally default to using 4:4:4 RGB instead of limited... One can hope.

CPU: Intel I7 4790k @ 4.6Ghz 1.255v | GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980 Ti | Display: Acer XB270HU bprz | RAM: 16GB (4x4GB) Gskill Ripjaws X 1866MHz | CPU Cooler: H80i | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | SSD: Mushkin 120GB + Sandisk 480GB | HDD: WD Blue 1TB | Case: Enthoo Pro |PSU: Seaconic M12II EVO 850w | OS: Windows 10 64-Bit | Mouse: Logitech RGB G502 | Keyboard: Thermaltake Poseidon Z (Brown Switches) | 

Wonder if it will finally default to using 4:4:4 RGB instead of limited... One can hope.

At least the switch to turn it to full RGB works for AMD, unlike Nvidia's one where you have to trick it by creating a custom refresh rate. I was doing that workaround for years on Nvidia. Switched to AMD in 2014 and their toggle switch in catalyst just worked properly without need for workarounds, although I agree it should be default. Not sure if Nvidia has fixed their's since...

back in the day the drivers were also awful and actually needed those monthly updates. fortunately, that's gone.

gone?!

to this day there are people, quite a lot of them, who complain about issues with their brand new 390s

my own case with an AMD IGP laptop where I had to wait months for AMD to release a driver that didn't cause artifacting in GW2

You have to admit that AMD has a useful control panel. You can OC your card, they support it natively in their drivers

don't you mean, after you agree to void your warranty ?!

Are we seriously implying that that's not the same at Nvidia.

what now?! I don't see any OC function in nVidia's CP, nor there's need for one

would be nice though, to have HW monitoring inside the CP

what now?! I don't see any OC function in nVidia's CP, nor there's need for one

would be nice though, to have HW monitoring inside the CP

I mean if AMD allows it it's technically not breaking the warranty

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

gone?!

to this day there are people, quite a lot of them, who complain about issues with their brand new 390s

Of course there are Just like there are loads of Nvidia buyers complaining about driver bugs particularly on Windows 10. There are some unhappy customers on both sides, WHQL or not.